“Skip the Pizza, Get the cheese steak”
Review of Louie's Pizza

Louie's Pizza
Ranked #70 of 283 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Louie's Pizza has been a staple in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware since 1974, serving locals and tourists alike some of the best Pizza, subs and grinders on the eastern shore.
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Yes, 'pizza' is in the name and yes they serve pizza but the Cheese Steaks are where its at. I have been going to Louie's for my entire life (and mother has been going there since they've opened).

So, the cheese steak. Both the chicken and beef varieties are solid options (when I go with my dad we get both and split them so we can enjoy the different flavors). What sets Louie's cheese steaks apart is that after the meat is cooked on the flattop, they run the sandwiches through the pizza oven (referred to as 'grinder') which not only evenly melts the cheese over the meat and bread but also gets the bread slightly toasted. This means that first bite has just the right amount of crunch before getting to the juicy meat and chewy bread.

I could not adequately describe how great Louie's is so I will just say that without Louie's, trips to Rehoboth just would not be the same.

2  Thank Matthew K

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a grinder each and they were good. There were too many rules for me, though, like people couldn't bring takeout food into the diner and they couldn't bring any food from other restaurants into the diner, plus other rules too. Big, large lettered signs for all the rules. Like the rules were more important than customers coming in to buy food. Meh!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

usually a 4- 4.5. Top of my recommended pizza locations..Conveniently located near 1 of the finest boardwalks on the East Coast..
Pizza is Always better than the Ragu sweet Grotto's Tourist trap.
Louie's Taste as if the high Quality mozz & Italian White Cheeses have temporarily ventured into the yellow Zone..Danger ! Danger ! Go Back ! Pizza, "Fix" the cheese in 2014 ! Yes !

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

This is our go-to place for pizza at Rehoboth. The cheese is great and the crust thin and slightly buttery. Good size slices for folding. We've eaten in and also gotten carry out to eat on the beach. About 13 or 14 bucks gets you a large piping hot cheese pie. We always look forward to eating their pizza when we are on the boardwalk!

1  Thank pysquared
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Found Louie's 30 years ago. I make it a point to drive there from Ocean City when we visit the shore. Pizza is wonderful, New York style thin crust, just what I like. Italian Grinders are to die for. Love that they are open all year since I go to the shore at different times of the year. The place has stayed the same all these years. Staff is friendly, quality of food to great. You can tell the food is excellent people wait in line to get in. Service is fast and the line keeps moving. Seating is limited. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank acjwberger