“Good seafood dinner”

Jake's Seafood House
Ranked #47 of 271 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Jake's Seafood is celebrating 25 years of quality freshness and family tradition in Rehoboth Beach! Enjoy our award-winning Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes and famous Seafood Bisque, or try one of our new menu items including Lobster Mac 'N Cheese, Fish Tacos, and Seared Scallops. We are family-friendly, serving lunch, dinner, and carry-out. We also offer a full selection of beer, wine, and cocktails. Our original location is one block off the beach in downtown Rehoboth, and our second location is on Route One (Coastal Highway) in Rehoboth.
New Jersey
“Good seafood dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Jake's is well advertised in the visitors' guides for Rehoboth, so of course we had to try it. Good selection and tasty, fresh seafood meals. Only wish we had a better table, otherwise would definitely go back.

Visited August 2012

Columbia, Maryland
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

We went here for lunch. We sat down right away and ordered our food. The waiting staff was friendly. My wife had the crab cake sandwich and was not impressed with the lack of crab meat. My sandwich was okay no thrills when ordering a basic sandwich. The prices on the menu are tourist average. I would not recommend this spot for dinner but it will work for lunch.

• Visited October 2012
PA
“Food average, service TERRIBLE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

To make a very long and disturbing story short we have been going to this restaurant for years. This particular evening four of us went in for dinner after waiting 45 minutes outside the restaurant to get a table. We wanted to pay on two separate checks (4 people at the table). I would think this is very common especially in a vacation town. Little did we know this was going to send these people into a frenzy. Before we could finish our order with the server, we were cut off saying the kitchen was calling her and need to pick up some food. She was apologetic when she returned and finished taking the order. Then the food started coming out, by multiple people (strange I know). Our friends never got their appetizer and salad and we were already working on our entree. Terrible! What is this 1970? Electronic checks should allow this flexibility. It is not a problem at just about every other restaurant. In the off season especially not a problem! Then the server flips over one of the entrees and had to bring it back to the kitchen and we had to wait again! Then it comes back without the sides! When the manager (a woman, forget her name) approached our table one person in our party brought up the issues and all she had to say was well you are on separate checks....(like this chaos is to be expected???) she then proceeded to just walk away while we were still talking to her not even apologizing! (I'm thinking to myself, did this really happen) Then my fried oyster sandwich came out. I love oyster especially fried. Guess what? It was flavored with a heavy oil rancid taste. I couldn't bring myself to take another bite. The server asked if everything is ok, and I explained the problem. She was very apologetic and offered to replace the sandwich. I declined (had enough of this already and I never send food back) and she sent the manager over again. We then had round two of her absolute rudeness! When we asked about the multiple issues again she said could she get me a beer or another sandwich? Uh, no what you could have done was acted like anyone in customer service and apologize for the multiple problems! But instead, as she attempted to walk away for the second time, and we said do you even care about these issues? What does she do? She said "you know what, why don't i just take care of your dinners tonight (which 2 of our party had yet to even eat because they just arrived at this point lol) and get on with your evening!" Can you believe it? She basically threw us out! First time for me for that. Extremely embarrassing! Thankfully, when we apologized to the couple eating dinner across from us for all the drama, they said no, you were absolutely right, that was completely ridiculous! We followed up with general manager upon returning home the following week. He was extremely apologetic and seemed quite shocked by our description of the experience. He apologized several times, offered gift cards (we declined, due to them expiring at the end of the year), and assured us that if we came back things would be different. I sure hope so! Although after all this I doubt we will be back. Miserable experience...probably the worst ever actually.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank vactioner05
Maryland
“Reliable, Reasonable and Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have been stopping at this restaurant for years on our way to Bethany from Washington. The moment I see the sign on Rt 1 my mouth starts to water. It's not fancy, it is not expensive and it is just right. I have always ordered the same thing, the filet of flounder, and it is amazing how predictable it is. I can count on fresh fish with two good sides included, a small salad, and walk out very satisfied with the meal and the price. The fried sweet potatoes are to die for. The little bread rolls are addictive. Service is always fast and efficient.
I am not crazy about the loud music on Friday nights but most people seem to like it, so we just ask to be seated far from the bar area.

Visited October 2012
Warsaw, New York
“Great seafood bisque but not drink service!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

When you go into a restaurant and they say it's happy hour until 7pm you expect to receive the advertised drinks no matter what time it is as long as it's before 7. Oh no, not here, they try and screw you saying the clock in one place is different than the real satellite time, huh?????? It just started off our time with a sour taste!! Have to say though, the seafood bisque was exquisite, and we had been trying it all up and down the coast!! Best we had the whole week.
Atmosphere wasn't anything terrible or great but it is a good sized restaurant so that was nice.
Haven't made up my mind as to whether I would return or not. Two people loved their meals and two did not jump up and down so we'll see!

• Visited September 2012