“A great addition to the beach area” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Morgan and Gower Cheesemongers

Morgan and Gower Cheesemongers
Ranked #11 of 34 Shopping in Rehoboth Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Our mission is simple, our foods fancy: "We Make You Look Good!" A European styled purveyor of artisanal and farmstead cheeses cut to order for you by a team of proefessionally trained cheesemongers. With over 200 varieties of cheese in inventory, we have a heavy focus on New World North American artisanal cheeses, plus all the Old World European classics. Also carrying charcuterie, specialty foods, grilled cheese sandwiches, prepared foods, and pastries to go. Enjoy our in-store, "Ham Bar" featuring Jamon Iberico Bellota, Proscuitto de Parma, and Jambon de Bay carved off the bone. Order one of catered party platters, or reserve one of our cheesemongers for a private party/class. Sign up for one of our group cheese classes, or "Explorateur" our artisan cheese of the month club. Shop in our web store for an expanded line of specialty foods, and organic produce for free local delivery via our REALdirect!, or out of state shipping.
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, United States
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A great addition to the beach area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I came in here around the holiday season to make a gift basket for someone who is difficult to shop for. I'm so happy I stopped in, it was a small but abundantly filled little gem. I have never been faced with so many choices in cheese. I figured I'd stick to an assortment of the various Blue Cheese selections they had available since the gift basket was for a blue cheese fanatic. Still dozens of options. The owner was in and offered recommendations and an endless supply of samples. The cheese was delicious and I ended up with about 6 different varieties. I also bought a few of the salami in the cold section. The prices weren't bad and the service was great. The gift basket was a big hit and I got rave reviews for weeks. I plan to return again when I put together another gourmet gift basket, need a cheese platter, or just an extra special topping for a grilled portabella mushroom.

4 Thank Sparrow84

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An excellent addition to Rehoboth Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I LOVE this place! For lovers of good food (especially cheese lovers) a visit to Morgan and Gower will be a special treat! There is a huge selection of cheeses. The cheese platters make a perfect gift to take to dinners,parties,etc.Or you can buy a small bit of a special cheese for one or two people. Try the" Midnight Moon" or some of the amazing Bries or Bleus.
Jennifer is friendly and helpful. If you're overwhelmed by the marvelous selection,she will offer a taste or some advice to help you decide.
Besides the cheeses,there is a big selection of interesting condiments , unique crackers,etc.. I understand that the future holds prepared food offerings. Can't wait!

3 Thank brendaro
Milford, Delaware
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A local fine fromagerie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

Morgan & Gower is a delightful addition to the goodness that is found on Baltimore Ave. The lighting & decor tastefully compliment the star of the show - which is the cheese. I was a little overwhelmed by the cases full of beautiful cheese of all variety - what a selection! The staff went out of their way to help me find what I was looking for, even going though their large cheese inventory book to help me narrow my search. The staff were both cheerful, informative, and helpful. From the "Stinky Dinks" sections of the cases, I purchased Red Hawk from Cowgirl Creamery in CA. The sample given me was perfectly stinky and so creamy. I am eager to share it with my family over Christmas Eve dinner. Shop this fine little fromagerie!

5 Thank Jenn R
rehoboth beach, de
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Morgan & Gower Cheesemongers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

A brand new store to Rehoboth Beach, M&G carries over 100+ cheeses. They try to source as many cheeses as possible from local farms in a 200 mile radius of Rehoboth Beach. The decor is black and white and very elegant. From the chandeliers to the sharp chef coats worn by the staff, this store will be a hit for cheese platters and their specialty grilled cheeses which will start in January. A great stop for great cheeses and gifts.

Visited November 2012