“They own a fryer and have mastered it.”
Review of Iguana Grill

Iguana Grill
Ranked #118 of 283 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: The Iguana Grill, just a short walk from the boardwalk and Atlantic Ocean, serves American fare with a touch of the Great Southwest.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I hate to give a bad review but I have to be honest. They own a fryer and all fryed things will be okay. Otherwise it was sub par and not worth the prices. When your salad looks bad and uninspired you know you are in trouble. My drink was watered down. So only order what comes in a bottle. My grandson's appetizer was good - fried shrimp. My main course (fried shrimp) was good. But my granddaughter's salmon was overcooked (she said so-this is a teenager!) and my grandson's buger was also overcooked. All the food was uninspired. We did not even consider dessert. I gave them 2 stars because the service was excellent. They have a front porch which is nice to watch the street scene, but I would stay away from anything the prepare unless it is fried.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Most of us go to restaurants for the food, and unfortunately the food and drinks left a lot to be desired. We chose Iguana grill because it is on a nice street and has a really funky building. The ambiance was certainly pleasant. Drinks were pretty blah; sangria with no fruit that looked like Carlo Rossi mixed with apple juice, blended mudslide that was just chunks of ice with no flavor (and who doesn't love a mudslide?!). Food is plain and uninspired. For example, the jerk chicken looked like it was just frozen processed chicken pieces. The ribs however were tender and had a tasty bbq sauce. A saving grace was the peanut butter pie- probably one of the best desserts I have ever had.

Our server was friendly and attentive, but even more importantly, we chatted with the owner who was a lovely woman and told us she makes the peanut butter pie by hand.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

After walking by this place which was always crowded on the porch, we decided o go for dinner at 5:30, when they were empty. A big disappointment, unfortunately. My wife's margarita was really tasteless and watery. My burger was ordered medium rare, it came well done. I asked them to redo it, it came out over 10 minutes later, well done again. The burger was basically naked, one lonely piece of lettuce on the bun (I skipped the tomato), no sauce or any other seasoning, and a small cup of cole slaw.

The waitress never came back to see us again after delivering it, until she showed up with the bill.

As they were not busy, this was pretty poor service.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I may have tipped my hand a bit, but the lobster tacos were great! The beer was cold; the jalapeno poppers (with a sweet popper sauce for dipping) were hot; our party of 9 (with 5 kids) was seated on the front porch immediately; our waiter Johnny "Johann" Arizona was friendly, helpful, flexible (remember, we had 5 kids in our party), and had a sense of humor (Danke!); we truly had a great experience. Part of the reason I stay in the hotel I stay in is because the Iguana is less than two blocks away on the same street. I will be back!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

My friend and I ate here as she was able to order soup and an appetizer which is all she wanted. She had the black bean soup which she said was wonderful, would order a bowl in the future rather than the cup she had that night. She had popcorn shrimp which were actually rather large in size, quite tasty. I had the rib and chicken platter with the best vegetable I have ever eaten in a restaurant!! I really enjoyed the ribs, more so than the chicken. Next time I will go for a full rack of ribs and have the vegetables!!