“Delicious”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Nice atmosphere and excellent food and reasonable price, especially in Rehoboth. Check out the bar menu and definitely try the soups.

2  Thank Quicksilver M
There are newer reviews for Debacle

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was one of the best meals I've had in a restaurant! What a pleasant surprise! We came to the restaurant because we were told that most entrees are gluten-free, which I need. Not only was this true, but the food was fantastic. My husband and I shared a mushroom martini starter which was delicious! I had a gluten-free crabcake --the first time I've had a chance to eat a crab cake in years unless I made it at home. My husband had the mahi-mahi, also excellent. From the temperature of the food when served to every detail, just a great meal.

The decor is also very appealing. We're big fans of eating outdoors, and eating in what is essentially a basement didn't seem very exciting. But the decor is so cleverly done and pleasant that it is actually very appealing. Local artists' work adds a nice touch.

We would highly recommend Debacle to everyone, but especially those who eat gluten-free. What a treat!

3  Thank ChillinWillie
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Debacle is a great restaurant located downstairs at 20 Baltimore Ave. in the building with Clear Space Theatre. We enjoyed fish and chips with their special sauteed red potatoes. Nice atmosphere, great service.

2  Thank Pop1053
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Just walking down Baltimore Avenue looking for somewhere to dine. A lady at Debacle's entrance persuaded me to give it a try. Because I was alone, I sat at the bar and ordered two appetizers, the Caesar salad and Margherita flatbread, which were both delicious, and only $5 each. Since the restaurant just opened for the season, the wine selection was limited but adequate. The atmosphere is decidedly upscale but dark, of course, since it is the basement. Since I did not order an entree, I will need to return to properly assess Debacle's dining experience. Looking forward to it.

2  Thank Passwordnotavailable
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I thought that I would try this restaurant based on the reviews and the fact that it was half-price entree night (Wednesdays only during the off-season). Well, you get what you pay for. The mushroom flatbread was dry and tasteless. The spinach salads were acceptable (the only decent part of the meal). Our entrees, shrimp & grits and shrimp risotto, were bland. My friend had the shrimp and grits, and it was served in a weird looking broth. My shrimp risotto was OK, but did not have much flavor. The service was VERY slow, but our server was very cheerful and nice. She was the only real bright spot in the evening even though she neglected to refill our water glasses during our meal when she said that she would. I am glad that we did not pay full-price for the entrees that we ordered. Sorry, Cafe Debacle, I will not be returning.

1  Thank PolishItalianguy