“Got me Hooked!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Got me Hooked!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Went there for dinner as suggested by our B&B owners.

Great ambience, amazing food and great drinks. Ashley, bartender, went out of her way to make a drink for me.

Had the Lobster Risotto. Amazing.
The bacon wrapped shrimp with the honey sauce was delicious.

Rehoboth Beach
“just keeps getting better...if possible”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I am amazed w/ every meal we enjoy at hooked. The food is always awesome, new things on the menu every visit. We just love this place and Tommy and Staff. AWESOME! Oh, I already said that....It is that awesome!

• Visited May 2014
Harbeson, DE
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, drinks, and atmosphere”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I been here many times. The food is consistently perfect and with the best martinis in the area. Brian Clark performs his best at Hooked.

• Visited May 2014
Frazer, Pennsylvania
“Poor service - no music”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Though I must say the food was delicious, the service was poor. Our waitress spent more time mixing drinks than focusing on our needs. We asked if we could have some bread after sitting with nothing to eat for about 15 minutes. Our meal arrived, with beautiful presentation, and she said the bread was still in the oven. The entertainment never got started, which was supposed to begin at 7:00. We were in the restaurant from 7:30 to 9:00 and the girl who was expected to sing couldn't get her music to work. She played on her laptop the entire time we were there. Many customers were trashed! One older (MUCH older) woman had to be escorted out by the owner. Another younger man was so trashed when he arrived he could barely walk to the restroom and then the bar. His belt was hanging down the front of his pants. His female partner arrived and took off her jacket to reveal her well paid for breasts while sitting at the bar. The owner spent his time correcting his staff in front of customers. I don't think we'll be going back.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Joy M
Delaware
“What will I be when I grow up??”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Overall, thus place is just ok. Would I rush back or do we go often, no. I have noted some key information below that might help you make up your mind about visiting this establishment.

1) Their food is average and the portions are bigger than they were when they first opened.
2) When they have live music it’s too loud and it makes it difficult to hear one another especially when the restaurant is at capacity. They need things to absorb the sound.
3) They do have great Martini’s. I have always enjoyed the variety of Martini choices. I think they do a great job with this.
4) The prices are a little high for this kind of restaurant; especially for the crab cakes. You can find far superior crab cakes in many other locations around the area.
5) Don’t go here for an intimate dinner especially if they have live music.

With that said here is what I feel would make it better not that anyone cares :-)
1) They need table clothes to spruce up the place and to help with the noise absorption when they have live music.
2) They need to close off the rails around the bar area and other places where there is seating below the railing so when you are sitting at the lower tables you’re not looking at someone’s junk or their feet.
3) They need candles on the tables or some sort of lighting on each table.
4) The menu needs to have a bigger bolder font; it’s tough to read with or without lighting.
4) Oh and please clean the fish tank!

I feel the biggest problem with this restaurant is that it’s not sure what it wants to be when it grows up. Is it a fine dining establishment, is it a pub, is it a bar…what is it? I feel they should focus on what they want it to be and make it happen. The space has great potential plus there is ample parking.

The only way to know for sure is to give it a try and form your own opinion :-)

• Visited January 2014