“Changed my review !”

Semra's Mediterranean Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Semra's Mediterranean Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 283 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Description: Serving Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner. A haven for vegetarians and meat lovers. Our specialty is our Gyros, Shawarma, Kabobs, Falafel. Plenty of salads. All food prepared fresh daily.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

A while back, I reviewed this place. I always felt that food was very good but the ambiance was really lacking: walls needed painting, booth ripped and not taped, food served on paper plates with plastic utensils . I only recommended take out. I went back this weekend and was very pleasantly surprised that they have decorated the place very nicely and it now looks and feels like a restaurant. Folks are friendly and helpful and as I said before the food is very good. Prices are reasonable for the area. I am glad they fixed the place up and I now I look forward to going back there when I am in the area. Great place if you are tired of crabs, fish, pizza and Mexican.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Semra is a wonderful hostess and incredible cook.

Regional dishes from Turkey full of flavor and a nice alternative to the french fries and pizza offered near the boardwalk. Try the chicken kabobs and the kofte - a little meat patty like an American hamburger. Family owned and operated.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I am shocked this isn't ranked in the top 20 restaurants in Rehoboth at the time of this review! It has a no-fuss atmosphere (and reasonable prices), but the food quality and service are as upscale as they come. I ordered the vegetarian platter, minus tzatziki, and was delighted, especially by the flavorful eggplant salad. The owner served our table and was most kind. She told us they make everything fresh each day and that's certainly how it tasted. My family enjoyed their meat and dairy meals very much, too, and everything came out quickly. When it was time to order dessert, the owner suggested an off-menu lactose-free option for me so I could have something, too. The kitchen cleaned off the grill and made a traditional Turkish dish from dried figs from scratch. Again, nothing I would have ever asked for, but all warmly and immediately offered. The owner gave us lemon juice to clean our hands as we left...feeling more like we'd been to an extraordinarily hospitable dinner party in someone's home rather than a well-priced grill just steps from the boardwalk.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

A great find, among the typical fast-fry, overpriced usual places. Great appetizer combo plate! Turkish black tea by Caykur, $8/pound. It was so good I bought a bag. Be sure to steep 2 tsps per person in near boiling water for 5 min., otherwise it loses flavor. Kofte Kabob wow! Family friendly and the owners talked with us and showed us photo albums of Turkey and their family farm where they grow spices and some of the ingredients used in their menu. Good value, great flavor, as in the Babba G and salads.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Recently tried this new addition on the main drag, just a stone's throw from the boardwalk. We were greeted very warmly by the staff, who went out of their way to answer our questions and make us feel comfortable. The food was Turkish and Greek, a nice change from typical beach fare. My kabobs were very tasty. Portions were ample, and flavors were good.

The atmosphere is simple and sincere, and overall the experience is relatively inexpensive. A nice alternative to the incredibly overpriced, frou-frou ripoff joints that have proliferated here in recent years.