“We locals love this place! Totally the #1 restaurant in Rehoboth Beach.”
Review of Modern Mixture

Modern Mixture
Reserve with OpenTable
Modern Mixture is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 281 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Globally Inspired Mexican Cuisine
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

This place is the best. Tonight was our first visit and we will be back again and again. Don't believe the tourist reviews. The wet summer has made some people grumpy. Since we aren't on vacation, we aren't all stressed and have time to enjoy the wonderful food. The guacamole is fresh and yummy. My margarita was great. Our salads were amazing. The staff was super nice and eager to please. You will leave with a smile on your face.

There are newer reviews for Modern Mixture

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

the only bad thing I can say about modern mixture is that I'm afraid it'll get too big. the staff really cares and the food is exceptional. the Cuban torta is incredible. as a local I'm willing to fight the in season traffic for the opportunity to go to modern mixture. it is the one place you must go if you're in Rehoboth.

1  Thank sdlbeachbum
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We got lunch takeout from Modern Mixture and were completely unimpressed with everything we ordered. My husband got the burrito mixto which was average at best. I think you could have an equally OK burrito at a Mexican chain. I made the mistake of getting the torta de Milanesa which consisted of 2 humongous pieces of bread, 3 lbs of melted cheese, 2 pieces of microscopic breaded steak and a few jalapeños thrown in for flavor. It was a complete mess to eat and I felt sick after 2 bites. The best thing about the meal was the hibiscus iced tea. Maybe the salads are better but don't believe the Tripadvisor hype on this one!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This pleasant Surprize was situated in a very humble space on greater Rehoboth Avenue. We stopped as a result of reading positive reviews on Trip Advisor. We found many locals frequented and stopped in to try it! The Modern Mixture House Chopped salad was fresh and healthy tasty, felt no guilt eating every bit. The Tortillas soup of the day was filled deep with black beans,cheese,guacamole,tomatoe bursting with flavor! Enjoyed our lunch very much, great staff that aim to please!

3  Thank Deborahann C
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I was recently told about trip advisor so I thought I'd join the ranks of fellow reviewers.

I'm here on vacation with family and decided I'd try out Modern Mixture based on the majority of good reviews. When I got there i was quickly seated and I decided to start off with a margarita and some guacamole. Before i go on, id suggest going at the beginning of lunch or after the rush. The place filled up quickly after I arrived and i could tell the server was a bit stretched. Anyway both the margarita and guacomole were great and very tasty. I am a guacamole nut and this is now in my top 3. I decided to try the house chop and added some grilled chicken. I was surprised at the portion let alone the amount of chicken they added. For dessert I wanted to try the brownie bites but they had not made them, so I decided on the flan. Wow. The server told me this was a family recipe and it was delish!!!!

Since I enjoyed my lunch so much I decided to bring my family back for dinner and all were very happy with their choices. From the burritos to the southwestern chop(now my favorite) everyone enjoyed their meals. Same menu as for lunch but still very pleased. We are here all week and I know I'll be back in.

3  Thank Healthyone23