“Really great option”
Review of Modern Mixture

Modern Mixture
Reserve with OpenTable
Modern Mixture is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 283 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Globally Inspired Mexican Cuisine
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was really yummy. I had read about this and wasn't disappointed. We had the buffalo dip, middle eastern salad, and a gyro. They were both wonderful -and relatively healthy.

1  Thank foodienaptown

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We are from the UK and I had read about this place on TA. We were on our last evening in Rehoboth and we were wanting healthier fare for the family so I suggested we give it a try. When we walked in and sat down the family were not impressed. My wife thought the basic decor, corridor like set up and cafe style tables were not looking good and started giving me a hard time about selecting this place over the multitude of ' nice ' restaurants in the area. The kids were moaning- they did not want to try burritos- they wanted fries etc,
Anyway, I persisted. I ordered the very strong 5 dollar margarita- excellent value. The waiter from Romania was great. I kept faith.
We ordered two of their standard burritos with chicken, and the kids had some kids (they have beans and cheese in) burritos and we asked them to put some chicken in those also and they duly complied. We also orders their house salad with cactus in- a first for us.
Everyone stopped moaning when they tasted the food. It was universal acclaim. I basked in my smugness as I ordered my second super strong 5 dollar margarita.
The food and value is spot on. For a meal for 4 with soda drinks and two margaritas it cost 40 dollars plus tip. More importantly though the food and service were second to none.
Do yourself a favour and keep faith. Try this place, don't let the decor and set up put you off. Stick with it, sit down and you will enjoy some of the freshest, tastiest food you could hope for- at bargain prices. Unbeatable.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I'm debating whether I should give this place another chance. Obviously everyone else had a great experience. Maybe we were there on an off night. There were not many people there, but we waited and waited. Finally placed our order. The wrong drinks were brought out. It took forever for a "fast food" place. They were out of items. The food was just ok, nothing to make us want to return. When we paid, he took off the cost of our drinks was very nice. Too many good places in Rehoboth for me to want to return. I'll check again in the future to see if we are the only ones who did not have a positive experience here.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

This friendly joint with a small entry on Rehobeth avenue serves very tasty and well-priced food. I loved my healthy salad with grilled chicken and lime juice. My family really enjoyed their chicken and beef burritos. We liked it so much that we ate their twice during our one-week stay in Rehobeth where there is plenty of good food!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were delighted to find scrumptious salads for lunch less than a block from the beach. This is a small place with a limited but interesting menu that provides a very nice contrast to the (not unexpected) pizza and ice cream that dominates the central boardwalk area at Rehoboth. Plus, real brewed iced tea and friendly and attentive service.