“Fresh & Fabulous, a must try!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Modern Mixture

Modern Mixture
Ranked #38 of 264 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Greeley, Colorado
“Fresh & Fabulous, a must try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

It is so refreshing to have a restaurant like this among the greesy fries, pizza and ice cream joints typically found at the beach! The food is amazing and fresh! The chop salads were fantastic! I ate my salad and then went and ordered 2 more to take home for my husband and I to have for dinner. I knew it would be good when I heard two patrons saying it was their third day in a row coming to this restaurant. The panini sandwiches looked amazing and I can't wait to get back to Rehoboth and give those a try. GREAT SERVICE, GREAT FOOD.....enough said!!!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Carrie J

Lewes, Delaware
“True pride in the food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I popped in here for a box lunch to go order, having heard such rave reviews. The (charming and cute) chef whipped up a fresh Cobb Salad in front of my eyes. It was GIGANTIC (had 1/3 for lunch and the rest for dinner) and delicious. Yum...what was in that dressing. Got to see photos of the menu dishes on the big screen tv. I'm going to try everything on this menu---promise! It all looks so good. They did have a small but pleasant dining room. Nothing quite like it at the beach, I'd come here dressed up or right off the beach in a cover up. Good vibe. Will report on the other dishes as I return!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank DEBarbie
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I'm from PA and I was down for a long weekend. I stopped in for lunch and had the most AMAZING salmon kabob. This wasn't on the menu but happened to be a special that day. WOW.....I hope this gets added to the menu. Wonderful flavors. This was my second visit to the restaurant and have to say, the chicken burrito I had the first time, was also amazing. You'll love the service and I was pleasantly surprised by the cool art work. The owner told me he is open to having people hang their artwork. GREAT idea!!!

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank Doug S
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Great Food and Service - A Rare Find Not Far From the Boardwalk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Modern Mixture is a real gem. As a local resident who has been patronizing this restaurant with friends and neighbors since its opening, I highly recommend it for people looking for Mexican and some unusual dishes prepared with extra care and quality ingredients by Leo, the owner-chef.

From the outside, what seems to be a simple ocean block carry-out is actually a small, simple, yet surprisingly interesting restaurant, with both eat-in and carry out service. Sticking to a high quality, limited menu of burritos, tortas (such as the delicious Cuban sandwich), wonderful home made soups, Falafel, guacamole and vegetarian dishes, Modern Mixture is a great place for lunch or mid-day meal. The salads are another great menu item - the chopped salad is excellent. The chef has vegan options and a special “meatless Monday” item. The restaurant also features breakfast croissants and burritos, and very good coffee.

My favorites: the Torta Cubana, Vegetarian and Mixto burritos, and the soups.

Most of the food is prepared in-house and made to order, so there may be a short delay depending on how busy the restaurant is before the order is ready, but the quality of the cooking makes a short wait worthwhile. More than that, the care and warmth that the owner and his team convey to customers are also really special, even in Rehoboth Beach, where courtesy is evident in so many locally-owned restaurants,

Modern Mixture just increased the number of tables, so it should be easier to find a place to sit during when things are busy during the season. It’s sometimes been hard to explain where Modern Mixture is located because its entrance is inset from the street – look for the orange canopy, right side of Rehoboth Avenue facing the boardwalk, just east of First Street. And enjoy.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Chesapeake_voyager
landenberg
“HONESTLY, THE ABSOLUTE BEST CUISINE IN REHOBOTH!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My girlfriend and I stopped here for lunch one day, and... Man... I must say... UNREAL. We're both vegans, so... sometimes our Rehoboth choices are limited... BUT... Modern Mixture left us BEYOND SATISFIED. The food was clean, nutrient-dense, and incredibly fresh. The owner and the waitstaff were friendly and informative. We began with a kale/fruit shake... delish... then... on to fresh guacamole and chips... graduated to an amazing chopped salad (with actual GREENS... no white junk to mire the mix)... and finished off with a unique vegetable burrito... god, I want it all right now. Let me tell you something, this place delivers the body-blessing goodness that so many restaurants fail to deliver. We're returning to Rehoboth in a few weeks, and, I must say... Modern Mixture is one of the reasons... I could go on forever... and ever... and ever...

• Visited January 2013