All reviews conch island great location deco style ceiling tiles two double beds free parking tight squeeze short vacation mini fridge restaurants and shops rehoboth ave within walking distance short walk to the beach off street parking water pressure beach hotels park your car
Selected filters
Reviewed October 28, 2018

I went to this motel for the Sea Witch Festival I go to Rehoboth Beach at least once a month.
I was ok with the room when I first got there because I had a view of the ocean.
When I woke up at 3:00Am I found that the carpet was wet in front of the TV and in front of the sliding glass door. I was a little concerned but went back to bed. When I got back up ay 6:00 the carpet was so wet that the water was come up between my toes.
I waited until 7:00 to go down to complain about the wet carpet. The person at the front desk was nice enough and we went in hunt of a dry room. The first room carpet was damp. The person at the desk called the manger and explained the situation and the manger told the person at the desk to show me two more rooms and to return my payment. I finally agreed to one of the rooms but the carpet was still damp.
I would have left but there was a bad storm raging out side.
Also when we got into the elevator the elevator jerked when we started it. But instead of going up the elevator went down. So instead of riding in the elevator and getting stuck I walked up the 3 flights of stairs instead of taking a chance of getting stuck in the elevator.

In the morning when I went down I was told that the manager was going to use a wet vac and get up the water in all the rooms that were affected. I was also told that the manager stated that the carpet in my first room was not that wet. Hell the carpet should not be wet at all. I also found out that the management is aware of the issue with the carpet getting wet but have not fixed the problem.

To make a long story short the refund was never given to me. I was told that because there were other people what had the same problem with wet carpet and that I was given another room that I would not be getting a refund.
I was not looking for a refund but a room that did not have a wet carpet. But the manager said that I should get a refund because I was inconvenienced and then changed this mind.

So save yourself a lot of trouble and find I motel worth the money. I would not stay at the Sandcastle Motel EVER again.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Gail R
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

I give it a 2 star only because they have pleasant people working there.

We stayed here 23 years ago. Then I would have given it a 4 star over all. It has exactly the same items and Decor.

It is in GREAT need of an up date. The pillows are worn and flat. The mattresses are old and hard. There was cobwebs in the parking garage by the elevator and vending machines . Sheets and towels are very worn.

The room was “clean” but there is only so much a maid can do when the caulking around the tub is darkened. When there is no drain in the bathroom sink. Or the shower curtain is missing a hook or two.

As for the employees I give a 5 star. Very pleasant people. But dear Sand Castle motel it’s time to give yourself a major face lift

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank KarenDillr
Reviewed September 27, 2018

Pros:
• Friendly staff
• Easy check-in/check-out
• Let us stay parked in their lot past checkout time (this was in September, during the off-season; probably not as easy for them to do this when the hotel is at full occupancy during the summer months)
• Convenient location just off Rehoboth Ave., two blocks from boardwalk and very close to a myriad of shops and restaurants
• Everything in the room worked: all lights, wall outlets, mini-fridge, wet bar sink, hair dryer
• Good water pressure in shower
• Housekeeping staff kept room clean and left us plenty of toiletries
• Indoor pool on top floor
• Covered parking under the hotel
• Price—for our travel dates, this was the best price we found this close to the beach

Cons:
• Room wasn’t the cleanest—main traffic areas were dirt-free, but found a good bit of debris under edges of bed and less-trafficked areas
• Drop ceiling in bathroom had some stains and some of the ceiling tiles didn’t fit properly
• Mentioned they had an indoor pool as a plus, but there was a scum of dirt around the top lip of the pool
• Stairwells are dark and stained
• Parking lot is cramped and could be a tight squeeze for a larger vehicle

It’s obviously an old hotel and could use an overhaul. Would we stay there again? Possibly. There don’t seem to be any inexpensive hotels in Rehoboth anymore, and since our stay, my wife and I have been debating whether we’d consider staying here again. We’d like a slightly more modern hotel that was a bit cleaner, but yet every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful, and unless you’re staying right on the boardwalk, the location is hard to beat.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I planned a four day gate away a month in advance and we came to find out a hurricane was hitting in Delaware. We called the hotel and they said EVEN THOUGH THEIR IS A HURRICANE HITTING they refuse to give us a refund. The manger, Barbara, said she is aware and it’s not suppose to hit until Thursday so we could still drive eight hours to this hotel and then drive home THROUGH THE HURRICANE. I would not reccomd this place to anyone!!!!! Do not waste your hard earned money on this hotel!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2018

the room was very clean, quiet, very reasonable and close to what ever you wanted to do. the was coffee available
in the office 24 hours a day. i would with out a hesitation make reservations there again.

Date of stay: June 2018