“A disappointment”

Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Pittsburgh, PA
“A disappointment”
Reviewed July 21, 2008

After our stay, we strongly suggest to select another motel if you can afford it. We found this motel quite disappointing and lacking in several areas. While the room was clean, it was in major need of renovations. The mattress left much to be desired and left our backs aching. To top it all off, cash went missing from our room after the maids had cleaned it. The next day, our "Do not disturb" request was violated. Also, the parking lot is tight and difficult to park in, even for average sized cars. It's true that the location is convenient, but unfortunately, we would never go back.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Service, comfort.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jalee1101

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Columbus, OH
Reviewed June 25, 2008

This hotel is less expensive than other hotels and is the worth the $$$$$. It's 3 blocks from the beach and your car is kept in a garage. It may not be the classiest, however, it works for the short period of time your in the room. It is very clean, has a refrigerator and hair dryer. The staff takes their time with check in/check out and gives good directions to great eating places! I recommend the hotel to people who are on the go and just need a place to hang their hat! I'll be back....!

• Liked — Close to the beach
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank BeachbumColumbusOH
Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed June 21, 2008

Based on previous reviews for this property in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware my husband and I booked three nights in June. Although we have been to Rehoboth many times in the past we passed by this property thinking "it looks OK from the outside but it's probably just a cheap motel". We found it to be a really convenient, clean, best bang for your buck place to stay. I do have one tip that I did not remember seeing in other reviews. The motel does not have wi-fi or even internet available. However, across the street is the Rehoboth public library with wi-fi and computers available at no cost. We would stay at this motel again in a heartbeat. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I originally booked two nights but discovered a week before our trip that we needed to arrive a day early. The room rate (on their website) had gone up since the original booking. I called the motel and spoke with a wonderful agent who told me there was availability on that night and he would honor the same discounted rate as the other two nights. Good value.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No internet access
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Baltimore
Reviewed May 23, 2008

Just back from a long weekend at the Sandcastle. We don't have any real complaints, except maybe for the volunteer fire department horn next door. Wow that's loud! Thankfully it only screamed twice during our stay.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was fairly plain with two beds, full bathroom, small bar sink with refrigerator, tv, dresser, night stand, table and chair. Our mattress was firm. Nothing fancy, but comfortable. We did hear our neighbors on occaision, but the AC fan took care of that. Our discounted rate was $119 per night, not bad for the center of this beach town. We parked in the hotel garage and didn't use the car until checkout. The garage is a plus because the town parking meters are turned on Memorial weekend. Also, the sushi restaurant on the 1st floor was an added bonus.

• Liked — Location and price.
  • Disliked — Slow elevator.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed May 7, 2008

What a great little place! Rooms were very clean. The in-room fridge/sink combo was a much appreicated bonus. The sun deck and indoor heated pool were also a big hit with our large group. For the price and the location- close to everything in Rehoboth- this is a great place to stay.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank OnOnRu
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 19, 2007

I've gone to Rehoboth Beach for years; mostly for day trips, since we live fairly close enough to do so. But just this once, my husband and I wanted to take a weekend away for our anniversary. We didn't want to go far, or spend alot of time or money this year and decided to go to Rehoboth. I've always passed by this motel on the drive into Rehoboth and often-wondered about it. I took a chance based on great reviews here. I was going to pay almost DOUBLE the price for a chain hotel on Route 1. I'm so glad I didn't! It's clean, very basic and that's all we needed it for. A place to take a hot shower and sleep. Staff are VERY pleasant. We will be back during peak and off-peak season to this "gem of Rehoboth Beach!"

• Liked — Convenient to everything -- beach and shops
  • Disliked — no free internet
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lanikaibabe
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed September 25, 2007

I recently spent the weekend in Rehoboth Beach celebrating my birthday and my best friend and I decided to book a room here for 2 nites. It was a great price for the money. The room was very clean and were well supplied with towels and all the light fixtures worked. Nice supply of hot water. The hallways were clean as well and it was fairly quiet. The TV and Cable worked. There didnt seem to be any internet access and the decor was very spartan, a dull gray and blue and the balcony view towards the parking lot and police department was not the best, but the hotel was right on Rehoboth Ave which is the main strip and within a wonderful short distance of the boardwalk. I was somewhat disconcerted they only billed for the first nite prior to my arrival which seemed confusing to me, but overall this is a great bargain at the price.

Stayed September 2007