“Wi-Fi tip”

Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Dunedin, Florida
“Wi-Fi tip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2008

Based on previous reviews for this property in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware my husband and I booked three nights in June. Although we have been to Rehoboth many times in the past we passed by this property thinking "it looks OK from the outside but it's probably just a cheap motel". We found it to be a really convenient, clean, best bang for your buck place to stay. I do have one tip that I did not remember seeing in other reviews. The motel does not have wi-fi or even internet available. However, across the street is the Rehoboth public library with wi-fi and computers available at no cost. We would stay at this motel again in a heartbeat. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I originally booked two nights but discovered a week before our trip that we needed to arrive a day early. The room rate (on their website) had gone up since the original booking. I called the motel and spoke with a wonderful agent who told me there was availability on that night and he would honor the same discounted rate as the other two nights. Good value.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No internet access
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Baltimore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2008

Just back from a long weekend at the Sandcastle. We don't have any real complaints, except maybe for the volunteer fire department horn next door. Wow that's loud! Thankfully it only screamed twice during our stay.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was fairly plain with two beds, full bathroom, small bar sink with refrigerator, tv, dresser, night stand, table and chair. Our mattress was firm. Nothing fancy, but comfortable. We did hear our neighbors on occaision, but the AC fan took care of that. Our discounted rate was $119 per night, not bad for the center of this beach town. We parked in the hotel garage and didn't use the car until checkout. The garage is a plus because the town parking meters are turned on Memorial weekend. Also, the sushi restaurant on the 1st floor was an added bonus.

• Liked — Location and price.
  • Disliked — Slow elevator.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2008

What a great little place! Rooms were very clean. The in-room fridge/sink combo was a much appreicated bonus. The sun deck and indoor heated pool were also a big hit with our large group. For the price and the location- close to everything in Rehoboth- this is a great place to stay.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank OnOnRu
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2007

I've gone to Rehoboth Beach for years; mostly for day trips, since we live fairly close enough to do so. But just this once, my husband and I wanted to take a weekend away for our anniversary. We didn't want to go far, or spend alot of time or money this year and decided to go to Rehoboth. I've always passed by this motel on the drive into Rehoboth and often-wondered about it. I took a chance based on great reviews here. I was going to pay almost DOUBLE the price for a chain hotel on Route 1. I'm so glad I didn't! It's clean, very basic and that's all we needed it for. A place to take a hot shower and sleep. Staff are VERY pleasant. We will be back during peak and off-peak season to this "gem of Rehoboth Beach!"

• Liked — Convenient to everything -- beach and shops
  • Disliked — no free internet
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lanikaibabe
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2007

I recently spent the weekend in Rehoboth Beach celebrating my birthday and my best friend and I decided to book a room here for 2 nites. It was a great price for the money. The room was very clean and were well supplied with towels and all the light fixtures worked. Nice supply of hot water. The hallways were clean as well and it was fairly quiet. The TV and Cable worked. There didnt seem to be any internet access and the decor was very spartan, a dull gray and blue and the balcony view towards the parking lot and police department was not the best, but the hotel was right on Rehoboth Ave which is the main strip and within a wonderful short distance of the boardwalk. I was somewhat disconcerted they only billed for the first nite prior to my arrival which seemed confusing to me, but overall this is a great bargain at the price.

Stayed September 2007
3 Thank latinles1
washington dc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2007

i've fallen out of the habit of writing TripAdvisor reviews, but had such a good experience here i felt i should write about it. i stayed here (for the first time) the last week before Labor Day, not really knowing what to expect. Really a great surprise. Room was spotless, good size, quiet, well-maintained; furniture (cheap beach-type stuff) was all in fine condition; bathroom was in great shape (all modern, no aging tile) and water pressure was great; in room a/c was very effective. Bed was firm and perfect -- not what i expected from an independent motel. motel location is fantastic -- centrally located right off rehoboth ave but also very quiet. common spaces of the hotel (eg elevator and landings) are modest and a little dated ... but not a concern to me (i also didn't turn on tv once, so can't vouch for its quality). given room rates in rehoboth in late aug, i would have been entirely satisfied with this room for $150-200, but the room was barely $100 (paid extra for a king room -- the basic double room was going for $90). This meant that this convenient, independent, kind of charming (in a beach-type way) motel cost significantly less than the grim chain motels out on Route 1 by the outlet malls -- and had the benefit of being within walking distance of beach and nightspots (and also offering free parking downtown) on top of that. i couldn't have been happier. when i drove by the chains on Rte 1 on my way out of town, all i could think is how much better my rehoboth visit was since i stayed right down in the charming, pedestrian-friendly part of town all the time, and once i arrived at the hotel, i didn't have to drive (or find rehoboth parking) once. Unless you're committed to paying $250 for some overdecorated bed and breakfast, or for some place with a waterfront terrace (which doesn't offer the privacy that sandcastle does), I strongly recommend you consider staying here if rooms are available. even if the exterior looks a little soviet from the 2nd St side (so it's a beach motel....), it's a great little property, and exceptional for the $ compared with other Rehoboth lodging. i'll be going back.

One note for glbt visitors: i'm gay, was staying in a king-bed room with a buddy, and wasn't sure if the mgmt and especially the str8 guests here would be gay-friendly, since from the website it looked like a fairly standard old-style family motel. but that turned out to be a complete non-issue -- mgmt was friendly, and the other guests seemed perfectly comfortable (which i guess they have to be to come to rehoboth). moreover, sandcastle was conveniently located at the end of baltimore ave and convenient to the restaurants and bars there.

Stayed August 2007
7 Thank travelguydc
Elkton, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2007

This motel was more than we expected. It's location is fantastic -- right on Rehoboth Ave - an easy walk to shops and restaurants. The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. We had a sink and a refrigerator as well as a little balcony. The hotel staff were very friendly. The motel has its own little parking garage so we could park right on sight with no extra fee. We'd go back in a minute!

• Liked — Location