Sandcastle Motel
  • Breakfast included
Atlantis Inn(Rehoboth Beach)
Oceanus Motel(Rehoboth Beach)
  • Breakfast included
High Seas Motel(Rehoboth Beach)
  • Free Internet
Hotel Rehoboth(Rehoboth Beach)
View Hotel
Avenue Inn & Spa(Rehoboth Beach)
View Hotel
Brighton Suites Hotel(Rehoboth Beach)
Crosswinds Motel(Rehoboth Beach)
View Hotel
Admiral on Baltimore(Rehoboth Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat locationtwo double bedslacrosse tournamentocean cityrehobothboardwalk
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Best location. Basic clean rooms. Friendly staff. Half the price of nearby properties. I agree that compared to the other more expensive hotels, it's kind of tired, but for the price and convenience, it hits the mark.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back, not facing the street are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank PhilyGuy
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I just came back yesterday from a long weekend at Rehoboth and stayed at the Sandcastle for the second year in a row. Unfortunately, I only spent one night last year because we were evacuated by the hurricane, so I couldn't really write a review. As with the other reviews, the Sandcastle could use some renovation, but it is far from falling apart. The rooms are adequately sized and clean. The bathroom is clean and there is plenty of hot water for the shower even at 6:30 on a Saturday night! What puts it at the top of my list is how accommodating everyone is. We got there several hours before check-in time, but our room was ready and we were able to check right in. At check-out, we were able to leave our car there for the day and use the bathroom and shower by the pool. A big shout-out to Nicole and Lorena (I'm sure I didn't get the spelling right!) who couldn't have been more helpful and friendly and nice!! The location is good - a short walk to the beach and right on Rehoboth Avenue.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MsRondette
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I've read some previous reviews and agree that a renovation is needed but other than that it was clean, cheaper than other motels, and the location is perfect. One of the biggest perks that makes it the perfect beach motel is that on the day of check out you can leave your car parked all day and still use their pool which has a shower and bathroom to change for the trip home. That wins my business.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Karen H
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This was our first stay at the Sandcastle Motel, its the height of the summer season and we just wanted a night at the beach, so choice was limited. On arrival the guy at the front desk was friendly and efficient with our check in. Thats where the smiles stopped. We went to the room and on entering it smelt of Bleach (ok it was clean) but the decor was grubby, carpet was filthy and my 11 year old daughter, just looked at me! the look said it all and to be honest I felt the same way. But we were only there for 1 night and the location of the motel was ideal, a couple of blocks from the beach, had free parking and free Wifi. We didnt venture to the pool, to be honest I never used the shower, not because it wasnt clean, but it just felt unclean. Such a shame, a little attention to the paint and decor would lift this motel into the 21st century.

Room Tip: Its a lucky dip
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jimmish
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This hotel would be a great candidate for the Hotel Impossible TV show. The location is awesome, and the coffee bar and front desk are great, but the awesome stops there. The hallways are scary, dimly lit with paint chips peeling. The elevator area by the parking area is in disrepair and dirty. The room was ok, with a dated bedspread, seemed pretty clean but taking a closer look there was a lot of dirt at the hair dryer. It looked like the cord hadn't been wiped in months. I used a towel to hold the dryer. The pool area looked nice and it was nice to be able to use the bathroom there to shower and freshen up before the drive home. All in all I wouldn't stay there again, since the room was nearly $200 and the overall ambiance of the hotel wasn't nice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple