Sandcastle Motel
Comfort Inn Rehoboth Beach(Rehoboth Beach)(Great Value!)
$214
$209
ComfortInn
Quality Inn & Suites(Rehoboth Beach)
$190
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach(Rehoboth Beach)(Great Value!)
$268
$233
Hampton.com
$219
Rodeway Inn & Suites(Rehoboth Beach)
$133
RodewayInn
$359
$348
$264
$256
  • Breakfast included
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach(Rehoboth Beach)(Great Value!)
$224
Anchorage Motel(Rehoboth Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
Pirate's Cove Motel(Rehoboth Beach)(Great Value!)
$129
All reviewsgreat locationtwo double bedslacrosse tournamentocean cityrehobothboardwalk
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This hotel was part of my first experience with Rehoboth 2 years ago, during Memorial Day Weekend. I wanted to spend very little on accommodations, to allow more to be put towards libations and such; but, enough about my budgeting practices.
The Sandcastle Motel is conveniently located, just across the street from Aqua and a block from Blue Moon, you are sure to be able to find your way back after a night at the parties. The staff is friendly, when they are available, and I don't ever remember hearing the knock of a housekeeper, though they did come by. They came by to clean the rooms which are utilitarian, small, and as I have experienced on multiple occasions: somehow broken. One room had a broken sink and faucet, the other a broken screen door. The motel could do with a renovation.
The pool is not maintained very well, and would recommend not taking a dip in it. The suntanning deck however, is perfect, and a great spot to people watch the streets below.
So what is a good summary? Sandcastle Motel: When you care enough to spend the very least.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank BRelaxinthesun
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Stayed last summer during our usual trip to the beach. It's a little old and missing the amenities of a newer fancy hotel, but you get exactly what you pay for. The bed was comfortable enough, the bathroom was clean, a/c unit worked fine, small balcony so we could dry out our towels during the evening, and we didn't have any issues with the noise levels at night. The location is perfect, a very short walk to the beach, and the free parking spot is worth the price alone. We parked our car when we arrived and didn't even have to think about it until we left.

One additional note worth mentioning was my encounter with the staff. I had booked a few months in advance, and about a week before we arrived I got a promotional email that listed a huge discount right during our travel week. I had already paid for half of the bill, so I called to see if they would honor their sale on my balance. I explained the situation to the guy on the phone and it was a simple 'no problem, I'll make a note on your reservation.' No arguing, no convincing, just an easy fix. When I arrived, I expected to have to explain it again, or make the request again, but before I could even bring it up, the gentleman checking us in said 'oh and it looks like you have a reduced rate on your balance.' Easy and simple. Oh, and we easily arrived about three hours before check-in time and they still let us into a room that was ready. Customer service like that goes a long way.

If you're looking for an extremely convenient place and don't need additional frills and pampering, then this is exactly what you're looking for.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Bizzleton
Reviewed April 16, 2012

It's cheap, has a great location, covered parking and a friendly staff. Now the bad: the rooms look like you stepped back to 1982. The elevator has a mind of it's own and the framing is rusted out. The indoor pool area is gross with mold growing in the pool and old wood on the walls that needs to be replaced. NOISY when the fire dept. alarm goes off next door or when the dumpsters are emptied. I stayed a Friday nite, Saturday night and Sunday night, OFF SEASON for about $205 total for one person.Rooms have no real view, but the front public terrace off of the pool is fun for people watching on Rehoboth Av.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the EAST side of the building, it HAS to be quieter!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank GayTravelReviewer
Reviewed March 20, 2012

good morning .
i want to say i search for hotel in area because i did not not want to be driving during jazz fest envents. i luck up found sandcastle motel right in heart of the rehoboth and also right next to convention center when i call i told that what my plans was and the lady that ook my order told me that convention center right next to hotle ( hooray) i was so happy ... and why first it was time to renew my drv lic right and for some reason i could not see the letter in that dam box.. so any way my lic wass taken that day but i had paid for the room and ticket it was my birthday best show in town coming i took my time and made it park my car ... i walk to beach check out all store i have a wonderful time at ( parrott bay ) i musta drank about 5 mojito it jumping i enjoyed it .. it felt so good to go some were by myself and have a ball it was the best birthday ever ( let me stop bragging ) back to hotel my room 108 street view and lovely view the young lady there she was african amercian young lady nice repect ful pleasant when i got there arrive little early it was no problem gave my key i was history until check out .... i under stand about some thing that people complain about but all over it had a clean room bed slept good it was quiet i park my suv nothing happen to it my bill 91.00 dollar a ngt not bad comapred to other 120-200 a ngt so before you complain this is not ur house it a get away for what ever reason u r there for enjoy and make the best out it you are going home .... sometine we look for worse and that how you miss enjoying yourself .. no flooding no bad smell no bugs ... be thankful ........ rhae ross new castle de .

Room Tip: my room was 108 it had small balconey i enjoyed that i could sit out and smoke so ask for my room i will when i return 2012 jazz fest in october .... be bless no complain .
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank renee r
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We just returned from a 5 day stay at this motel, 3 people for under $300. Can't beat the price and we walked to the boardwalk and beach without paying the hefty price for on the boardwalk motels/hotels. The rooms were always kept very clean. Staff was friendly and told us where to go for breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family