WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Washington, DC
“Simple and Convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

Stayed last summer during our usual trip to the beach. It's a little old and missing the amenities of a newer fancy hotel, but you get exactly what you pay for. The bed was comfortable enough, the bathroom was clean, a/c unit worked fine, small balcony so we could dry out our towels during the evening, and we didn't have any issues with the noise levels at night. The location is perfect, a very short walk to the beach, and the free parking spot is worth the price alone. We parked our car when we arrived and didn't even have to think about it until we left.

One additional note worth mentioning was my encounter with the staff. I had booked a few months in advance, and about a week before we arrived I got a promotional email that listed a huge discount right during our travel week. I had already paid for half of the bill, so I called to see if they would honor their sale on my balance. I explained the situation to the guy on the phone and it was a simple 'no problem, I'll make a note on your reservation.' No arguing, no convincing, just an easy fix. When I arrived, I expected to have to explain it again, or make the request again, but before I could even bring it up, the gentleman checking us in said 'oh and it looks like you have a reduced rate on your balance.' Easy and simple. Oh, and we easily arrived about three hours before check-in time and they still let us into a room that was ready. Customer service like that goes a long way.

If you're looking for an extremely convenient place and don't need additional frills and pampering, then this is exactly what you're looking for.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Bizzleton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

It's cheap, has a great location, covered parking and a friendly staff. Now the bad: the rooms look like you stepped back to 1982. The elevator has a mind of it's own and the framing is rusted out. The indoor pool area is gross with mold growing in the pool and old wood on the walls that needs to be replaced. NOISY when the fire dept. alarm goes off next door or when the dumpsters are emptied. I stayed a Friday nite, Saturday night and Sunday night, OFF SEASON for about $205 total for one person.Rooms have no real view, but the front public terrace off of the pool is fun for people watching on Rehoboth Av.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the EAST side of the building, it HAS to be quieter!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank GayTravelReviewer

Travelers are raving about these Rehoboth Beach hotels

New Castle, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

good morning .
i want to say i search for hotel in area because i did not not want to be driving during jazz fest envents. i luck up found sandcastle motel right in heart of the rehoboth and also right next to convention center when i call i told that what my plans was and the lady that ook my order told me that convention center right next to hotle ( hooray) i was so happy ... and why first it was time to renew my drv lic right and for some reason i could not see the letter in that dam box.. so any way my lic wass taken that day but i had paid for the room and ticket it was my birthday best show in town coming i took my time and made it park my car ... i walk to beach check out all store i have a wonderful time at ( parrott bay ) i musta drank about 5 mojito it jumping i enjoyed it .. it felt so good to go some were by myself and have a ball it was the best birthday ever ( let me stop bragging ) back to hotel my room 108 street view and lovely view the young lady there she was african amercian young lady nice repect ful pleasant when i got there arrive little early it was no problem gave my key i was history until check out .... i under stand about some thing that people complain about but all over it had a clean room bed slept good it was quiet i park my suv nothing happen to it my bill 91.00 dollar a ngt not bad comapred to other 120-200 a ngt so before you complain this is not ur house it a get away for what ever reason u r there for enjoy and make the best out it you are going home .... sometine we look for worse and that how you miss enjoying yourself .. no flooding no bad smell no bugs ... be thankful ........ rhae ross new castle de .

Room Tip: my room was 108 it had small balconey i enjoyed that i could sit out and smoke so ask for my roo...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Buffalo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

We just returned from a 5 day stay at this motel, 3 people for under $300. Can't beat the price and we walked to the boardwalk and beach without paying the hefty price for on the boardwalk motels/hotels. The rooms were always kept very clean. Staff was friendly and told us where to go for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank lambic
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

We recently stayed at the Sandcastle for 3 nights, 9/22-2/25, We chose this property because of its great rates for the time we were going. The 3 night stay in a standard (two double beds) was a total of around $270 for the 3 nights, taxes and all. It was by far the best rate I found for a property right in the heart of the downtown.
We checked in early, around 12:30pm and were greeted in a very friendly and upbeat manner. Our room was ready (106) and we checked right in. The Motel does have off street private parking, which was very nice (though the parking garage was a bit tight).
We took an elevator up to the 1st floor from the office, and were a little worried about what we saw. The hallway was a bit dreary, and tired looking. It def needed more lights. But after that first 30 seconds, we opened the door to our room, and all worries disappeared. The room was bright, clean, and cool. The air was on (was very warm that weekend) and the room was nice and cool. The room had a mini-fridge, table with 2 chairs, 2 double beds, nice size bathroom and a TV. Everything worked well. The TV was on the older side, like 25+ years old, but worked, The mattresses looked new, the linens were fine.
The bathroom was clean, and had good water pressure.
To be fair, the carpet in the room had seen better days, why anyone would carpet a beach motel is beyond me, but thats about the only thing that needed work.
The staff was very friendly each time I popped down for a question, and on check in/out.
And the location was great. 2-3 blocks from the beach on the main drag. Couldn't beat it.
Combine the price, and taking in the whole experience, this stay was well worth the money.
My only "complaint" was the hallway and the TV. But those are small compared to the great value

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Zman27
Collegeville, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

I stayed here two nights. I booked after Labor Day, and I benefited from the motel's Fall Rates. The location is the best feature of the Sandcastle Motel. It is located on the main street with shops and services very handy. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: My window and balcony on the second floor faced ENE, and it was possible to see a tiny bit of the At...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Rievaulx
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

My sigificant other, Kathy and myself stayed here. It's just steps to the boardwalk and in the center of everything. Very clean and the staff - all of them were very friendly and accomidating. It feels like you are staying with family and not just a renter in a large hotel. We enjoyed people watching from our balcony. There is a refrigerator in the roo and a small bar sink. No coffee in the room, but pots by the front desk. They have an indoor pool and sundeck for the days that you don't want to go to the beach. We would recommend this to Hotel to anyone & everyone.

Room Tip: A Wonderful Trip - A Wonderful Place to Stay