“Wonderful Place to Stay”
Review of Avenue Inn & Spa

Avenue Inn & Spa
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed May 3, 2010

I just came home from a ladies retreat that was held at Rehoboth Beach. The group I went with has been holding their retreats at the Avenue Inn for over 10 years, and they keep coming back! From the first time they stayed at this place, they have never looked for another place to stay. It's very easy to see why!

Avenue Inn is located just one block from the beach. There is an entryway that leads from the Inn directly onto Rehoboth Avenue, which is the main street in Rehoboth and is lined with stores and restaurants. It is at a terrific location! They have an indoor heated swimming pool, steam room, sauna, and an outdoor hot tub all located on the third floor. There is a fitness room as well as a spa where you can receive various kinds of massages.

The staff is amazing! They are extremely friendly and very helpful. They respond promptly to any problems that may arise. The rooms are very clean. They provide a complimentary breakfast every morning and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies every evening. They also have free wine and cheese in the early evening as well. Coffee and hot water for tea or hot chocolate are always available as well in the lobby. I was extremely pleased with my stay at the Avenue Inn. I am certain the other 90+ women who attended the retreat were also just as pleased with their stay at the Avenue Inn as I was.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,241)

Reviewed May 1, 2010

My wife and I had wanted to visit Rehoboth Beach since relocating to Alexandria, VA from the Midwest. Decided on the Avenue Inn based of the great reviews in Tripadvisor. Wow! were they ever right! We loved everything - friendly staff, extreme cleanliness, great amenities, awesome room comfort, peaceful and relaxing setting, proximity to the beach, restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2010

I have a friend who has been going to Rehoboth all her life, who had been staying at a different hotel "on the beach". Always was a bit moldy, and sandy, and just thought this was part of the "beach experience". We had visited the Avenue "spa" here during a trip, and decided to give a hotel stay a try next time we came down. Seriously what a difference for about the same price. Aside from it having a relaxed atmosphere (because it is part of the spa?), the rooms are REALLY well taken care of. The staff is great, the pool and outdoor hottub (really fun in the winter) are great, there is a steam room, and a sauna as well. The breakfasts are really good, and really help with the food $ across the stay. I like all of the staff, they are very friendly and accomodating.

They have a second property, Avenue 2, which is a little less expensive, and we have stayed there, and during the summer we like it better. It is quieter there, and has more of a beach house feel (it is just as well taken care of as the original property). This is a great vacay for the winter months too. I travel for work, and when I am working in the area I try to stay here. They also have a fitness room with free weights and some Cardio.

Try Mariachis for great mexican (may be the best food in Rehoboth) and Green Man fororganic lunch/breakfast when there.

The hotel is a half block through center rehoboth to the beach.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2010

The Avenue Inn has been our home-away-from-home at the beach for almost a decade. As we tend to visit in the off-season, it is always quiet and very relaxing. Ideally located a short one block walk to the beach, right on Rehoboth Avenue. Outlet shops a couple miles away. Very nice breakfast. Complimentary wine, cheese and crackers, and freshly baked cookies every evening. The rooms are very confortable with adequate space. During our most recent stay we noted that new carpeting has been laid and new furnishings are going into the rooms -- not that we thought it was needed. Cleanliness and friendly staff round out the experience. Excellent value for the cost!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2010

I had a crazy week at work and decided to go away for the night with my daughter. At the last minute I looked up hotels on the internet and found the Avenue Inn. Thought it would be an average place to stay since it was only $105.00 for the night. Well, when my daughter and I got into our room we were amazed at how nice, spacious and CLEAN it was. The hotel staff were really nice and helpful. There is an indoor pool with a sauna and hot tub on the third floor which was great for being it was a chilly weekend....and the hotel is only a block down from the boardwalk! I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in Rehoboth. In fact, I'm planning a weekend getaway soon with just my son son.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2010

I have stayed at the Avenue Inn many times and have always been struck by the quality of service and friendliness of the staff. For a very reasonable price you are provided a clean room and a complimentary breakfast. Mid afternoon and late night snacks are also provided and recently a superior selection of coffees have been made available in the morning. The Avenue Inn staff are receptive to suggestions and are eager to help in any way possible. The Inn and Avenue Inn 2, located a block away, are perfectly located in the heart of Rehoboth Beach. I will always choose to stay at either location for all future visits. Congratulations to the Avenue!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2010

We just returned from a getaway weekend at Avenue Inn & Spa. The welcoming lobby with its comfortable seating and lighting; clean, well maintained rooms and pool area; tasty breakfasts; wine and cheese snacks; and cookie "nightcaps" all added up to a perfect stay for our friends and us. We enjoyed the convenient location to the beach and to the many excellent restaurants and shopping in and around Rehoboth Beach. We'll definitely return to this clean, friendly hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends