“Great spot”

Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Lighthouse Point, Florida
“Great spot”
Reviewed September 13, 2008

My wife and I stayed in a King room directly on the Rehoboth Ave side of the building for 3 days in July. The front desk was very professional and thorough. The facilities were very clean and top notch and the various accesses to the building were very convenient. In fact I think I only used the main entrance a couple times. The room was clean and very spacious with a nice view of downtown from the balcony. I did not detect ANY noise coming from traffic or people when in the room, nor from our "neighbors". This was great and basically what can make or break a hotel for me. There was a brief town-wide power outage one night and the staff was thoughtful enough to put a battery powered lantern in the hallway. Parking can be tricky - one night I was lucky enough to get the last available spot in the garage, so try to walk if you're going to be out late. I don't know what the alternative would have been. While I think we probably got one of the best rooms, I would recommend this hotel and stay there again.

• Liked — Cleanliness, up to date facility, location.
  • Disliked — Pool - indoors and full of kids
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Delraypete

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (605)
Columbia Maryland
Reviewed September 6, 2008

I stayed at the Avenue Inn for one night, Sunday, in July. This hotel has been very highly rated on tripadvisor for quite awhile and so I wanted to see what it was like before moving to the new Hotel Rehoboth for the next two nights.

I booked a deluxe king with a balcony overlooking Rehoboth Ave. It is described on the online reservation systemn fairly accurately-- but it is the one with the description that ends with
" A great room.! " I would not agree with those words, but it was a step above being adequate, and it was clean and fairly comfortable. I did not, however, find either the room or hotel to be be in any way special.

The carpeting both under and for a substantial area around the airconditioner next to the bed was very damp ( perhaps either from water dripping from the unit or water coming in because of a storm that day or a combination of both ) and there was a slight musty odor because of that. When I checked out I told the front desk this, not to complain, but with the hope they could improve this situation before the next guest checked in. I feel I should not have had to deal with this situation, and certainly the cleaning staff for this room must have known about it. I do not believe this was in any way a new problem just to be experienced the night I stayed there. There was no apology from the owner when I told him about this.

There are many reviews here which go into detail about many aspects of the hotel so I will not repeat them too much here. I found the wine and cheese and cookies to be nice but basic and not worthy of so much praise in the other reviews. Breakfast was fine, but not special. The bed was alright, but not great either.

Also, I would advise making sure you had a room that was not in the hallway area on the third floor adjacent to the pool if you would like to stay in a quiet location here. My room, although on the third floor too, did not have any pool noise because it was not located in that part of the hallway. However, if you are a family which would llike to have easy and frequent access to the pool area one of these rooms might be perfect for you. The pool and deck area looked nice. Good amenity,

I did get into a conversation with a couple in the garage about the hotel and how it is "nice" but not special and that I also found staying in Ocean City Maryland to be better than Rehoboth Beach. They agreed ( maybe just to be polite ) but said their family had a yearly tradition of coming to Rehoboth and staying at this hotel for a couple days but that it was time to make a change.

As has been stated in other reviews, this is not an oceanfront or ocean block hotel.

Check in and out was alright, but when I took a moment to actually read the paper I was given to sign at checkin and asked a question because it stated a policy which was only in place in the off season and not in season, I was told again to sign the form before I even finished my question. I felt rushed. I was not holding up anyone else in line.

I did not use the spa so I cannot say anything about it.

I would not classify my review here as a negative one, and you may find the hotel all that you would want for your stay in Rehoboth. This hotel certainly has loyal customers; just look at the other reviews. It certainly is one of the above average choices to stay in Rehoboth. As for me, I have now tried the Avenue Inn,and, while there are positive attributes, I have no plans to stay here again in the future. There is nothing special I experienced here to make me want to come back for a return visit..

• Liked — Easy access to everyhing in downtown Rehoboth, and good garage parking
  • Disliked — Perfunctory Front Desk for the most part
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
3 Thank FairtoEveryone
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed September 4, 2008

We stayed in Avenue II. Not too many people mentioned this building when I was searching for my hotel so here a some details. It is cheaper than the main building but very large and clean rooms. It's only 3 doors down the street. We still got the choice of a free breakfast(eggs,warm cooked apples, yogurt,fresh fruits, bagels, doughnuts, pastries, cereals, oatmeal, juices, milk, coffee)in the hotel or $5.00 off per person at the restaurant across the street(Sammy's). I recommend that 1 morning because you get alot of good food and after the discount pay about $2.50.We also still get the free wine/cheese and cookies. Our room had a bed that could sleep 3 people if need be and a king sleeper sofa. We slept very well on the sofa bed. Bath & Body Works soaps and shampoos were in the restroom along with a coffeepot and coffee. There is a dorm size fridge, desk, round table with 2 chairs , and 2 televisions. There is half a wall dividing the bed and sitting area. The pool is indoor with a sauna, steam room, and a deck holding a hot . We used the computer in the lobby area free and the game table . We were on the third floor facing Rehoboth Ave. There are great rocking chairs on this balcony. Although the hotel is non-smoking, there is smoking on this walk around balcony with the new containers to put the butts in. We also had a roof over us so if it did rain , we could still be outside. The staff was very polite and helpful. With a do not disturb out, our cleaning person left a note that she was obeying our wishes to not be disturbed but to call her if we need any fresh towels, coffee, or anything and she would bring it to us. This was nice since usually if you don't let them in at other hotels , you get nothing until the next day. We did not move our car the entire time . We could walk to everything we needed. The beach and boardwalk is within site, shopping and restaurants are outside both the front and back doors, although it is almost like a deserted neighborhood in the back as far as traffic and people. Book this hotel, you will not be sorry. We will be returning because there is no need to search the next time. We found the best place and ubelievable prices for what is included.

• Liked — Price, Location and like new
  • Disliked — Stairs only in Avenue II
1 Thank sapphireblu961
Washington, DC
Reviewed September 4, 2008

after reading reviews on this website, our family ( 2 adults, 2 preschoolers) booked a 4 day stay at Avenue Inn over Labor Day. we were very pleased with the facility, location, amenities, and service. we booked a 2 room queen suite, putting our kids on air mattresses in the room that had a pullout couch. both lobby and rooms were clean and inviting and had what we needed (microwave, refrig, and very peaceful and quiet, despite being a few blocks from the boardwalk; we didn't have much of a view from the window but that wasn't important to us). a variety of hot and cold foods was offered for breakfast, tea and coffee were available through the day and night, as well as snacks in late afternoon and early evening; the indoor pool and deck were nice breaks for our kids when they were tired of the ocean waves. the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the location was fantastic, easy walk to restaurants, shops, and the beach.
Lynne Snyder

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — cost
2 Thank LynneWashington_DC
New York
Reviewed September 2, 2008

Our stay here was from 8/25/08 thru 8/28/08. We decided on this property based on the reviews from this web site. We are very happy to report that we enjoyed our 4 night stay here. There was an end of summer special that brought the price of our room down from $260 per night to $221. we had a deluxe queen room which had 2 queen beds and a sofa with a nice size fridge and microwave oven. There were 4 of us in the room. My husband and I and our 2 teenage daughters.. They enjoyed the indoor pool and we all liked the fact that you could walk to everything from this convienent location. My husband and I liked the sundeck, and the wine and cheese every evening. We found the staff to be pleasant and accommodating. When we checked in, our refrigerator did not work. Within a few minutes of calling, someone came to our room and fixed it. The beach is just down the steet and we could see the water from our 3rd floor balcony. The rooms were clean and a decent size. It reminded us of a Hampton Inn. Continental breakfast was fresh fruit (with the best peaches I had all summer), cereal, baked apple slices, bagels, juice, some type of baked egg dish and danish.
Our only complaints would be that the coffee was way too weak (tasteless actually) and the air conditioner in the room was extremely loud. Neither one a major problem. Stay here with confidence and if you have questions, like I did, call the hotel and ask. They were very honest with all their answers.

• Liked — the wine and cheese every evening
  • Disliked — the noisey air conditioner
2 Thank wineprincess146
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed September 1, 2008

We loved the Avenue Inn. I went with my in-laws and two daughters ages 5 and 3. We stayed in the Avenue II. It was very clean. The staff was welcoming and very helpful. Breakfast was wonderful. Wine and cheese was a nice touch. Warm cookies for the kids at night in the lobby. Great location only a block and a half from the beach. We had a great vacation! Great value, great place! P.S. The spa was also very nice, we bought my mother in law a pedicure for her birthday, she said it was the best one she ever had! Staff was very nice at the Spa as well!

• Liked — Staff and Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
new jersey
Reviewed August 31, 2008

The Avenue was a very nice place to stay. The hotel has many nice touches that make it special, many have been mentioned before. The free breakfast makes things easy, especially if you have young children. The hotel is only one block from the beach, though a long block, and it is near everything else, restaurants, shops etc. Highly recommended! I would stay here again. Like others, I don’t recommend Avenue II. While I didn’t see the rooms and it is only a short walk away from the main hotel, it just feels separate.