“Can't wait to go back again!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Avenue Inn & Spa

Avenue Inn & Spa
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
“Can't wait to go back again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed the location of this hotel. Once we parked our car we didn't need it until we checked out. Everything is in walking distance. We stayed there while the hotel lobby was being renovated so getting around the hotel itself was a little confusing. We stayed in a room with a view of the ocean! Loved how relaxing it was. I have to agree with the review about the water pressure it was a total bummer.

Hope to get back soon!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (560)
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

had the pleasure of staying at the AVENUE INN in Rehoboth (Sept 11th - 13th) for my husband's 50th birthday. this was our first time staying here. booked hotel after reading great reviews from others on TRIPADVISOR.

hotel exterior and lobby are very inviting. outside tables and seating for relaxing, reading, etc. inside is just beautiful - decor is lovely- nice blend of beach & cottage chic. we had a KING suite with balcony. very roomy for the two of us. bed was comfy. temp fine, air worked well. bath & body works soaps were a nice touch.

we enjoyed complimentary breakfast- it was more than your average "continental breakfast" - included baked french toast and mini egg souffle. wine & cheese at 5:00 pm and of course chocolate chip cookies at 8:00 - all such nice additions. staff were very courteous & welcoming.

we didn't do the shuttle with Lew- we enjoyed the short walk each time to the beach - however- he was always outside willing to escort us. we did however recruit him to take a photo of us outside on the morning we checked out! thanks to all for making our birthday celebration a happy & memorable occasion.

would recommend highly and will definitely stay again. 5 stars for sure.

Room Tip: enjoyed the balcony for people watching.
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We recently stayed at the Avenue II, just a half a block away from the Avenue Inn. Although we were forewarned that there is a bit of noise from the club next door, it wasn't too bad. The room was surprisingly big, with a sitting area upon entering the room. Even the bathroom was larger than any other hotel room that we've stayed at. Parking was included so we didn't use our car for the four nights we were there. The location was ideal; walking distance to the beach, boardwalk, restaurants and shopping.

There were thoughtful extra amenities including shuttles to/from the beach with beach chairs, wine hour, homemade chocolate chip cookies at night, and a satisfying breakfast every morning. There is a new bar/lounge off of the lobby that is very nice.

The staff was very pleasant and were very helpful with information.

Overall, the value was incredible. We will definitely stay there again.

Landing, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed at Avenue II (the "satellite" building of Avenue Inn) 9/12-9/14/2013. Our stay, as always, was fantastic.

We had previously stayed at Avenue Inn (the "main" building") in 2011 and loved the hotel. We were excited to stay there again this year. We tried out Avenue II this time, to take advantage of the lower prices, and the stay was fabulous again. We had a double-queen with sofa bed room for myself, my husband, and our 2 year old son. The room was huge, clean, and very comfortable - had a microwave, refrigerator, large bathroom, and very comfortable beds (did not try out the pull out bed, however). We overlooked Rehoboth Ave, which can get loud if you are a light sleeper. We are "medium" sleepers (not light/not heavy), and had absolutely no problem with noise.

The complementary breakfast was just right for us, but even better were the warm cookies in the lobby at 8pm! It was a treat we all looked forward to both nights. The "lounge" sitting area both indoors and outdoors is so comfortable, clean, inviting as well.

Best part, we think, was Lou! Lou drove a large golf cart from the lobby to the beach all day (8:30am-5:30pm, I think). He was FANTASTIC! So nice to talk to, so happy to drive us to the beach, was even there waiting when we got off the beach! What a great perk!

We know that Avenue Inn is popular, but we are hoping that the prices remain reasonable (they have absolutely been all along). However, we are afraid that this little secret might become more well known. Looking forward to our next visit to Avenue Inn soon!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room not facing Rehoboth Ave.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife, daughter and myself, just returned from a week's stay at Rehoboth Beach. Obviously we bedded down at the Avenue Inn and Spa.

Let's get through the bad news first....WATER PRESSURE REALLY SUCKED! I mean, I've seen lawn sprinklers with more pressure. What else was bad? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!.
This is a really nice hotel to stay. Location is fantastic (you can get to anywhere in Rehoboth in just a few minutes walk time). And even a golf cart shuttle to drop you off at the beach. As far as the hotel itself (besides the water pressure), everything was quite homey. A pretty good continental breakfast greeted you in the morning and a wine and cheese table between 5-6PM. Also, let's not forget the freshly made cookies at 8:00PM.

The room was sufficiently spaced. Two queen beds, flat screen t.v. and bathroom. Since my 23 year old was with us, I had attempted to get a larger room, but the hotel was basically sold out for the entire week. Apparently, September is a pretty busy month. Over the first weekend, beaches were packed, but you could still find some place to park yourself.

Back to the Inn. The employees, whether front desk, maintenance or room cleaners, were all genuinely nice. Everyone had a smile and you could tell that it wasn't forced. They wanted you to enjoy yourself and would do whatever they could to make sure that you enjoyed you stay.

There was one thing that did bother me; not the hotel at all, but the entire town. Although everyone was friendly, it seemed that a large proportion of hotel and/or restaurant workers came over from Russia and other Eastern European countries. While all these kids were outgoing and friendly, I really got to thinking why there weren't more American kids working. Maybe it's become a cultural thing, I don't really know, but if I were in my late teens and early twenty's, I couldn't think of a better way to spend the summer.

Before I sign off, I wanted to give you all a tip about the restaurants in town. Most are pretty expensive. Although we enjoyed every meal we had, it did become an expensive project. There are a number of restaurants on the Coastal Highway that are less expensive. Also, if you really want to save some cash, make sure you try the happy hours in town. There were plenty of good ones with deep discounts for food and drink.

Oh...btw, I definitely will go back to the Avenue Inn.

Room Tip: Don't wait until last minute to make reservations.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

What a wonderful experience! I usually rent a home for a week and do not normally look at hotels for lodging. This particular journey was for overnight and I could not have made a better choice.
Everything about the Avenue Inn was exceptional. I will return repeatedly.
Great reception and wonderful spaces throughout.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Avenue in on six different occasions. The personnel there always go out of their way to accommodate all of my needs that are possible. They always try to get me the room that I request and it is always very clean and well maintained. I was sorry this last trip that I had to leave a day early on a family emergency and had to forfeit a paid day but everyone was very pleasant about it. I will continue to stay at the Avenue and recommend it to my friends and family.