“Overnight in rehoboth”
Review of Avenue Inn & Spa

Avenue Inn & Spa
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed September 13, 2013

What a wonderful experience! I usually rent a home for a week and do not normally look at hotels for lodging. This particular journey was for overnight and I could not have made a better choice.
Everything about the Avenue Inn was exceptional. I will return repeatedly.
Great reception and wonderful spaces throughout.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Avenue in on six different occasions. The personnel there always go out of their way to accommodate all of my needs that are possible. They always try to get me the room that I request and it is always very clean and well maintained. I was sorry this last trip that I had to leave a day early on a family emergency and had to forfeit a paid day but everyone was very pleasant about it. I will continue to stay at the Avenue and recommend it to my friends and family.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was our second visit to the Avenue Inn and things just keep getting better. The hotel was very nice before but with the recent renovations, the place is absolutely gorgeous.

Avenue Inn strikes a nice balance between being very family friendly (evening cookies for kids, wonderful indoor pool, close access to beach and boardwalk) and understanding that adults need some time to ourselves (new adults-only bar/tavern onsite, adults-only wine and cheese hour, additional adults-only breakfast room, full day spa). This allowed me to have a GREAT family vacation with my small kids and also get some "me" time when needed. It was so nice to sneak out of the room while my kids were still sleeping, grab a cup of coffee and drink it in peace and quiet in the adults-only breakfast room.

From what I understand, it's a family-run business and it shows. The employees there really seem to care, take pride in hotel and have a vested interest in the guests having a good time and a nice stay. Lew was a favorite of our family, especially our kids. They would jump up and down, wave and cheer whenever they saw him coming with his golf cart to transport us from the beach to the hotel! However, the family element does not undermine the professional nature in which the hotel is managed ― everything was top notch. And the hotel was clean, clean, clean.

The location was fantastic, central to everything. We stayed for seven days and did not move our car from the parking deck at all - not even once. The beach, boardwalk, arcades, Playland, shops and restaurants are all within a few blocks, walking distance.

Treat yourself, stay here!

Room Tip: A good choice for a family is the Deluxe Queen Suite. It had a bedroom with 2 Queen beds and a secon...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was our first trip to Rehoboth. We went with a fiend's recommendation and with the Trip Advisor Reviews. Everything was as advertised. Had a large clean room. The hotel is right in the middle of the town so all the shops and restaurants are next door. Lew took me, my wife and 2-year-old to the beach every day (no extra charge). Beach Chairs were complimentary as well. The staff were friendly and so were the bartenders who made great drinks. The Avenue made our stay very enjoyable.
The only thing to keep in mind is that we were here in the off season, so I don't know what things are like during the hectic busy months. Also some balconies mainly overlook the roof of the building below. You can see some of the Rehoboth Avenue. Not a big deal for us, but if you want to people watch, you will want a room that overlooks Rehoboth Avenue.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony that overlooks Rehoboth Avenue
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have vacationed in Rehoboth many times and have stayed in several of the local hotels. Avenue Inn is by far my favorite. The staff are all friendly and helpful. The rooms are a step above others nearby. They provide better decor than a typical motel room and cleanliness + none of the mustiness you can find in beach hotels. Complmentary breakfast, wine and cheese and chocolate chip cookies are a welcome perk. One of my favorite things about the hotel is its great people watching location. If you book a room on Rehoboth Avenue, you can enjoy the rocking chairs on the balcony and watch all the foot traffic pass by. You are right in the heart of the action.The hotel is about 2 blocks from the beach which is no problem to walk, however, you might not even get the chance. As soon as you step out of the hotel, Lew will be waiting with his cart you to zip you door to door/sea. The Avenue Inn and its staff are all wonderful. You won't be disappointed in picking this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This place has two really good points, Lew( the shuttle driver ) and the location to the ocean. Otherwise I thought it was incredibly expensive. For the same price there are much nicer places. I am surprised at the other reviews.

Room Tip: Don't get the king with two balconies, it's noisy and you overlook roof tops and air conditi...
3  Thank Karen M
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was a first visit to Rehoboth Beach and the Avenue Inn made a great first time impression.

Nothing was required of us, the jitney took us, along with complimentary towels and beach chairs the block and a half to a lovely beach. The town was around the corner.
The wine and cheese in the lobby had us sitting with compatible strangers and we enjoyed a nice chat.
Breakfast was perfect.