“The perfect place to stay in Rehoboth Beach!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue Inn & Spa

and 1 more site!
Avenue Inn & Spa
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
“The perfect place to stay in Rehoboth Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The Avenue Inn is our favorite place to stay in Rehoboth Beach. Over the past 35 years we have tried just about every hotel in town! Since discovering the Avenue Inn 5 years ago, it has been the only place we stay!
The new lobby and public areas are beautiful and just add to the comfortable environment! The Avenue Inn combines the friendliness and personal amenities of a B and B with the advantages of a boutique hotel!

Breakfast is great. We really enjoy socializing with other guests at the evening wine and cheese get togethers. It is not unusual to meet up with guests we've met during previous stays!
We appreciate the helpful, friendly staff! They are always eager to please!
Beautiful hotel- perfect location- excellent service! What more can you ask for!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is our third time staying at The Avenue Inn and Spa and we love it. You can not beat it for the Ammenities, location and price. We did not vacation in Rehoboth in 2012 and were pleasantly shocked by the renovations that took place. I think if we had a complaint from previous years is the breakfast area was too small to handle the number of guests. Well, that has been fixed! Removing the small check-in parking lot and enclosing it to a larger area was genius! Now there are two big rooms for breakfast, including an adult only one. We had no trouble finding a table at breakfast anytime during the stay. Also, the check-in are has a large lounging area with a TV, to chill when enjoying the wine or cookies. The other rooms have a TV also. All of the staff is ultra friendly. Kids love the indoor pool after hours at the beach or a rainy day. You can't beat the location for the price either. We enjoyed people watching from the our room on Rehoboth Ave on the small patio. We came with my parents, and it was their first time and they thought the place was perfect. We will certainly choose the Avenue again as long as the price stays reasonable.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Srob066
Doylestown, Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I decided to visit Rehoboth on a last minute whim. Found this great hotel close to the beach. Since it was close to the holiday and I wanted 2 night stay I booked the Queen Suite which was very nice super quiet on the 2nd floor. The next night we stayed in the Jacuzzi Suite on the 3rd floor, it turned out to be a huge room with a outside deck overlooking Wilmington Ave. Check is was great with very nice front desk people. We could park the car in their underground parking lot.
The hotel was super clean, they provide transportation to the beach that is only 2 about a 5 minute walk. They also provide guests with chairs and beach towels.
Everything was spotless and well appointed, and up to date. Wifi is free. Breakfast included and there was a nice quiet living room area for adults only.
Convenient to the shopping and restaurants. Will definitely be back!
the one thing I would change is earlier hour for the pool to open so we don't run into an all kids pool time.

Room Tip: I would stay on the Wilmington side but the hotel seemed quiet throughout.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed at the Avenue Inn II with 5 15 year olds. I was a bit nervous I must admit. I am accustomed to only 5 star hotels in my travels and had agreed to take my children and their friends as a treat. This hotel had great reviews and the price was fair, so I went for it. Well, to say the least, it was marvelous. Our room overlooked Rehoboth Avenue and was one block from the beach. The room was extremely clean and the staff was absolutely amazing. They provided all the essentials needed for the beach such as towels and chairs. Lou was the best. Although we were only a block from the beach, carrying all of our necessities would have been a pain. Lou met us everyday and drove us down in the golf cart. He gave us his number to call him when we were ready to come back. The staff was more than accommodating to all of us. Housekeeping was amazing. The kids looked forward to their 8:00pm cookies, said they were delicious. Thank you to all for making it a memorable trip for my kids. I have 15 year old twins and they are already bugging me to go back in August......

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I have been going to the Avenue Inn for years now. with our friends and their two young daughters. The recent revovations on the first floor are beautiful, and make breakfast in the morning much more comfortable, and exercising easier. The rooms are very well-appointed and comfortable. The golf cart rides to the beach are helpful if you are carrying a lot, and Lew was so friendly! The front desk staff were always courteous, even when confronted by a rude guest. And the chocolate chip cookies in the evening are the perfect touch for the end of the day. We love it, and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Getting a room that looks out on Reoboth Avenue is great for people watching!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Before booking a room at Avenue Inn, I spent hours on various websites researching hotels in Rehobeth Beach. This was my first time in Rehobeth and I wanted to enjoy my experience. While I am not the type to stay in the hotel for long while I'm on vacation, I like a place that is clean and pleasing to the eye.

My weekend getaway was planned at the last minute and Avenue Inn was one of the few places that had rooms available for a decent price. Plus the reviews were very positive. I booked the Jr. King Luxury room. Their website has a video of each room, so it gives you an idea of what to expect.

After booking my room, a coworker of mine who had been to Rehobeth Beach on numerous occasions informed me that I booked the right hotel for the location and the overall quality of the lodging. When we arrived in Rehobeth, I was more than pleased with the location.

Checking in was simple. I wasn't exactly pleased with one of the front desk employees there. My wife and I were traveling with our 6 month old son, and she made it a point to tell me that the room we were staying in was for two people only. She even brought up some nonsense about insurance and fire codes. I'm thinking to myself, does she expect me to get a room with two beds for a 6 month old baby? I kept my cool and explained to her that I informed Anna, who originally took my reservation, that I would be bringing a baby with me and that we had our own pack-n-play.

Aside from my check in experience with that particular employee, I enjoyed my stay at Avenue Inn. They provide one parking space per room. There are three floors to this hotel. Our room was located on the third floor. This was very convenient as the pool, sauna, hot tub and outdoor deck are also located on the third floor.

The balcony overlooked Rehobeth Avenue. When it was time to sleep, I had no problem whatsoever. Once the balcony door was shut, the noise from outside was virtually nonexistent.

The only negative thing about the room in my opinion was the positioning of the air conditioner. It is located at foot level directly on the side of the bed. When the air would come on at night, it would blow directly on me. I spent most of the night covering up once the blower came on and uncovering once it went off. I've been to plenty of hotels where the AC unit is in a low location near the bed, but usually the vents are facing the ceiling.

The location of the hotel is great. It is one block away from the beach and right around the corner from Rehobeth Avenue, which is live at all times during the day. Rehobeth Avenue is also where the various eateries and shops are located. The hotel is also a 10 minute drive away from the Tanger Outlets for those looking to do some shopping.

Overall, I will definitely stay here again and I recommend it to anyone looking to vacation in Rehobeth Beach.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chevy Chase, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is the third summer I've stayed here with my mom and once again we had a perfect stay. All the staff continue to be friendly and helpful. The public space on the first floor was recently renovated and it is spacious and welcoming. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the amenities make one's stay as good as it can get. Centrally located, the hotel offers beach and pool towels, beach chairs, a shuttle to/from the boardwalk, breakfast buffet, wine and cheese in the early evening and warm cookies to close your day (or start if off if you're heading out). We're already thinking about our return next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family