WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Avenue Inn & Spa

Avenue Inn & Spa
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
New York City, New York
“Great location, but a little pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Before booking a room at Avenue Inn, I spent hours on various websites researching hotels in Rehobeth Beach. This was my first time in Rehobeth and I wanted to enjoy my experience. While I am not the type to stay in the hotel for long while I'm on vacation, I like a place that is clean and pleasing to the eye.

My weekend getaway was planned at the last minute and Avenue Inn was one of the few places that had rooms available for a decent price. Plus the reviews were very positive. I booked the Jr. King Luxury room. Their website has a video of each room, so it gives you an idea of what to expect.

After booking my room, a coworker of mine who had been to Rehobeth Beach on numerous occasions informed me that I booked the right hotel for the location and the overall quality of the lodging. When we arrived in Rehobeth, I was more than pleased with the location.

Checking in was simple. I wasn't exactly pleased with one of the front desk employees there. My wife and I were traveling with our 6 month old son, and she made it a point to tell me that the room we were staying in was for two people only. She even brought up some nonsense about insurance and fire codes. I'm thinking to myself, does she expect me to get a room with two beds for a 6 month old baby? I kept my cool and explained to her that I informed Anna, who originally took my reservation, that I would be bringing a baby with me and that we had our own pack-n-play.

Aside from my check in experience with that particular employee, I enjoyed my stay at Avenue Inn. They provide one parking space per room. There are three floors to this hotel. Our room was located on the third floor. This was very convenient as the pool, sauna, hot tub and outdoor deck are also located on the third floor.

The balcony overlooked Rehobeth Avenue. When it was time to sleep, I had no problem whatsoever. Once the balcony door was shut, the noise from outside was virtually nonexistent.

The only negative thing about the room in my opinion was the positioning of the air conditioner. It is located at foot level directly on the side of the bed. When the air would come on at night, it would blow directly on me. I spent most of the night covering up once the blower came on and uncovering once it went off. I've been to plenty of hotels where the AC unit is in a low location near the bed, but usually the vents are facing the ceiling.

The location of the hotel is great. It is one block away from the beach and right around the corner from Rehobeth Avenue, which is live at all times during the day. Rehobeth Avenue is also where the various eateries and shops are located. The hotel is also a 10 minute drive away from the Tanger Outlets for those looking to do some shopping.

Overall, I will definitely stay here again and I recommend it to anyone looking to vacation in Rehobeth Beach.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (560)
Chevy Chase, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is the third summer I've stayed here with my mom and once again we had a perfect stay. All the staff continue to be friendly and helpful. The public space on the first floor was recently renovated and it is spacious and welcoming. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the amenities make one's stay as good as it can get. Centrally located, the hotel offers beach and pool towels, beach chairs, a shuttle to/from the boardwalk, breakfast buffet, wine and cheese in the early evening and warm cookies to close your day (or start if off if you're heading out). We're already thinking about our return next year.

1 Thank PhilandSaraF
Columbia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family has stayed at The Avenue for the past three years and we look forward to many more. The location is great, the staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean and well-kept, and the prices are reasonable. The first floor has recently been renovated and the results are beautiful. This hotel is much nicer than other comparably priced beach hotels and its amenities can't be beat. Kudos to everyone who made our stay so pleasant.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

My mom, sister and I go for a shopping weekend in Rehoboth each summer and every year we've stayed at the Avenue Inn. It's such a great hotel and now with the beautiful renovations to their main lobby and dining area, it's an even better hotel! The new boutique feel is a wonderful addition to their fabulous amenities like a delicious complimentary hot breakfast each day, happy hour and fresh cookies each night! Its in an excellent location for the beach and for shopping. The rooms are spacious, we had a great view overlooking Rehoboth Avenue. We will continue to go back every year.

Lancaster, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you stay anywhere else in Rehoboth, you must be crazy! The Avenue Inn is the friendliest, cleanest and overall the best choice to stay. We have been staying here for several years now. None of the boardwalk hotels can compare. The location is perfect. Mary Lou is always very helpful and friendly! The pool and hot tub are awesome. I want everyone to know how great this place really is! We'll be back in 2014!

• Stayed May 2013
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

3 moms and 3 kids could not have had a better stay!! Great service friendly staff. Complimentary breakfast was fantastic. Very clean rooms, and Lew the golf cart valet service to and from the beach topped off the stay. Will recommend avenue 2 to everyone. Thanks again. PA moms

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank natalie w
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

The Avenue Inn is the only place we stay when we visit Rehoboth Beach each summer. It's a huge part of what makes our vacation so enjoyable. As soon as we check into our room we feel at home. This year the Avenue Inn expanded & remodeled it's lobby area making the whole space even more beautiful & relaxing. For starters, they added lots of sofas & comfy chairs, a couple of TVs if you want to catch up on the news/weather and a larger breakfast room with more seating. Our favorite part of the whole renovation believe it or not is the older, cozier lobby area with the game tables & fireplace. My husband & son & I enjoyed some family time each evening playing dice games, laughing too loudly at times I suspect! My apologies to the other guests! We love the Avenue Inn & plan to spend many, many more summer vacations with Jim & his crew.

Room Tip: To get a room with a balcony on Rehoboth Ave. (my favorite spot!) during the summer months you have...