“family beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rehoboth Beach

Rehoboth Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: A sandy public beach that offers various organized sports activities every evening during the summer plus special designated areas for surfing and surf fishing.
New Philadelphia, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
“family beach”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

we usually vacation at Virginia Beach but decided to go somewhere more for families this year. We loved it!!! but the water is much colder than in Virginia

Hillsdale, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The photos do not tell the story”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Rehoboth Beach Area is very crowded, noisy, and commercialized. It is like Seaside Hts, on steroids. Hated it. Only there one day... took the first ferry out in the morning. Nothing relaxing about it. Not for people who want peace and quiet. 10 lane main road getting to beach with every commercial chain store on it. Boardwalk...just yuk. Advertising very false. Henlopen beach a little better, but not worth the stress of downtown. yuk!

3 Thank elizabeth t
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Smoke Free- Wahoo!”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I am so happy that this beach is now smoke-free. That makes it a huge plus in my book. If you're looking for an Outer Banks, un-crowded type feel, this is certainly not the beach for you, and the crowds annoy me, but it's a great day trip spot, and now you don't need to worry about getting lung cancer just from going to the beach.

TIPS: If you're not staying right on the boardwalk, you'll find the best parking spot and beach spot if you arrive before 9:30 a.m. or so.

Tucson, Arizona
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Americans love the Beach and the food'”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

A wonderfully clean organized beachfront community with a very cool classic boardwalk right on the ocean! A really neat beach with tons of umbrellas all American families & classic lifeguards out of central casting, beach front motels and a very cool hip gay beach at the far end of the Boardwalk. Tons and tons of crazy fast food fried dough, burgers and onion rings, pizza, ice cream and every other kind of junk food you could ever imagine strewn everywhere! With Nick knack tourist traps side by side ! The closer to the beach the tackier! Check out Maryland Ave quieter and hipper than the main drag! At the beach front There is an actual band stand! Way cool! Sadly no dogs anywhere in the summer! Except service dogs like me! Virtually Crime free and genuinely wholesome! Very neat tow, peaceful despite throngs of folks around. Also the Gay and straight communities blend here! Kind of like Provincetown but less trashy! Worth the ride! Pricey in the summer!

Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very excessive and ridiculous parking tickets”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I used to be a frequent traveler to Rehoboth beach but I have to say there is no way I will ever set foot there. One day I put all my change in the meter and wanted to extend the period so I tried ParkMobile which kept crashing on me and since I had to pick up an old relative in a wheelchair, it took me 10 extra minutes to find $30 ticket that I disputed and explained the situation and they can check ParkMobile log to validate my claim to find out that I am now due to pay $110, ya $110 for 10 minute over parking while I did my best to do the right thing. This city is not worthy of your business or mine.

Visited June 2014