“Too Rude for us to stay.”

Midway Speedway Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Affordable family fun awaits you at Rehoboth Beach, Delaware's premier fun destination, Midway Speedway Park! At Midway Speedway Park you have four times the fun… for less. Midway Speedway is "Your Place To Race!" with four tracks full of excitement for all ages. Get your tan on at White Water Mountain which has 6 slides, a lazy river, an olympic size pool, a kiddie pool, and a sunbathing deck. Or play 18 holes at Fire Mountain Mini Golf. While you're at it, have some fun on one of our three attractions!
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We attempted to spend the afternoon at the Midway Speedway after spending the morning at the beach. Our 9 year old and I road the go carts and after the way the staff treated my daughter, we decided to look elsewhere. This rating can include the entire park and I hope others have a better experience. The teenager that was "in charge" of the go carts had a terrible attitude that started when we opened the gate before he wanted us to and after an older employee told us to go in.

I overlooked his mouth and figured that he was following some required safety rules. When it was time to buckle up the belts, he had no patience with my daughter and basically snatched the belt from her hand and hooked it (between her legs) for her.

At the end of our first race he became furious when neither of us could understand exactly where he wanted the cars. The were basically scattered all around the edge of the track and we pulled into to where we pointed; however, he explained to me that he told me to pull more forward. I guess I was supposed to hear him mutter over the sound of the engine. We thanked him for the ride and left.

The owner should probably train their employees that the customers being there are why they receive a paycheck. If this were one of my employees, he would received his last pay check that day.

1  Thank AuTravelAuburn_AL

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I was not sure whether to try Jungle Jims or Midway. I asked the locals who told me Midway was much less expensive and we'd enjoy it. I did the math and once I determined Jungle Jims price for an all day pool/slide pass was almost as much as Midway's pass - which included pools/ slides, 4 rides and a round of golf - Midway it was. We arrived when it opened and went right on the first slide. The single tubes can spin you around backwards but the double tubes go straight down fast and fun. The three slides in the main part of the park are nice. The green one is the fastest. There is a large main pool - you can do laps if it isn't crowded. The kiddie pool is cute for the little ones. The lazy river is the only reason I didn't give this a 5 star review. It's very small and there's not many tropical decorations around it that provide shade or interest. We went over to the the mini-golf which was nice because there was some shade. I'm not really interested in chasing a ball around in the scorching heat. The bumper boats were next on our list. What a blast. Wear a bathing suit becaue you'll get soaked. Food is not allowed in the park, so unless you want to pack a cooler in the car or drive off site - lunch is at the snack bar. My family ordered a pizza and drinks for $24.00. Not bad for park food prices. We tried the go carts next. I'm only 5'6" and I felt my legs were cramped into the car. Tall or plus size people would definately find them on the small side. My 9 year old daughter scurried up the rock wall and went on the gravity storm ride 2 times. We went back in the water park and enjoyed the slides and pool again. In total, we arrived at 10am and left at 5pm and were never bored. Granted, the park wasn't crowded at all. Not sure why we were lucky - maybe because it was early in the summer, but it was awesome. We never had to wait for a waterslide the whole time we were there. Plenty of seating too. The lifeguards were attentive, helpful and friendly. The restroom was clean. We didn't bother with the locker since there is a charge each time you opened it. Overall, I would highly recommend the park - especially if you do the park pass with rides and golf. They also have a twlight special if you arrive in the later afternoon. I know we were lucky with the park being almost empty and don't know the normal crowd situation, but we had a blast. This was the best day of our DE vacation.

1  Thank Katdoreen
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We enjoyed riding the go carts and the mini golf! Even my three year old enjoyed the mini golf! He was still a little young for most of the go carts but he enjoyed riding the family car.

1  Thank insurance209
Reviewed May 9, 2012

nice choice of go kart rides, crazy golf and kid bungee.

service was poor. run by a bunch of bored and disinterested kids.

look out for coupon in the booklets around town for discounts.

1  Thank jordanboy
Reviewed April 5, 2012

It's fun to drive around their tracks for about an hour or so, but there really arn't too many tracks to choose from so you'll get bored with it quick.