“Tasty, but expensive, waffles”

The Point Coffee House and Bake Shoppe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Point Coffee House and Bake Shoppe offers a wide variety of house-roasted coffees, freshly baked items, soups, salads, sandwiches and more! Complimentary parking and WiFi, indoor and outdoor dining.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I find it interesting that if I wake up at my hotel in the morning, I can make my own waffles for free and eat as many as I want. When I order it from The Point, I pay $8 per plain waffle for the distinct pleasure of doing so. Albeit, the waffles are delicious (and a reason to come here if you get the toppings), but too pricey to warrant a trip out of the way.

I DO, however, love the coffee selection, offering about a dozen different flavors to try with free refills. Coffee blends from Sumatra, Tanzania, Peru and Australia are a welcome attraction to this place. I just can't reconcile that the bakery goods here are quite costly, but they can somehow afford to give you a cup for $2.25 and you could have all the expensive coffee you want.

Still, if you need a coffee fix and you love chocolate chip cookies, I highly recommend this place.

There are newer reviews for The Point Coffee House and Bake Shoppe

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Everything about The Point is great: the coffee is excellent, the food is delicious, the staff is warm and attentive and the atmosphere conveys old-Rehoboth charm. All of this may cost a bit more, but it is well worth it.

1  Thank Ridgelifer
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Food is good & fresh. Good location & parking. The only thing was pricing - $8.25 for a slice of quiche, about $6 for a single waffle. I can't seem to get out of here for less than $10 - $11/pp

1  Thank 1gelato
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

The coffee and the snacks and atmosphere were excellent! If you are looking for a breakfast, snack or great coffee, this is your place. The coffee was absolutely great! The service and atmosphere make this a fantastic coffee shop. Stop here!

1  Thank Jason C
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We went here on a whim when the places we wanted to go were closed for the season. It was so good. My husband and I both ordered the croissant with ham, egg and cheese. It really hit the spot. My husband also got the cheese danish and said it was one of the best he ever had. The coffee was good and the staff was incredibly nice, even with my wild children.

1  Thank mjmcnutt80