I rated this okay, but some problems only because we loved the location, We have stayed here several times, each time with a worse experience. ...and as others have stated, the front desk personnel has not gotten any friendlier over the years! Sad to feel like you are bothering someone when you are trying to check in or check out, and forget about asking a question-they will allow you to stand there forever without greeting you. On some of our stays we have checked into rooms with broken doors, sand in tub and on bathroom floor, sand in bed, food on the floor - and asking to be moved to a clean room is just not something the front desk thinks is important. One night we were given key cards that did not work, which they replaced three times (me going down to the desk three times for a working key card)! Our last stay was so horrible, we will not stay there again. We booked a suite, and were greeted with ants all over the bathroom. When we told the front desk, they said they would have housekeeping come in. As far as the suite was concerned, it was a bathroom with two doors, a bedroom, kitchenette with no table or chairs, living room with tv and pull out sofa. The furniture is cheap and very unattractive....so the word suite should not be associated with these rooms. Once we were allowed to move in to our 'suite', we moved our luggage to the bedroom to be greeted by a stench that smelled like urine. I called the front desk and was told housekeeping would take care of it. After dinner, we returned to the room with airwick room spray and hoping to find the smell gone - it was not, but they had sprayed something to help. The smell was so bad during the night, we opened the sliding glass doors and were still not able to sleep. They promised to have the carpet scrubbed the next day, and when we returned-no one had taken care of the odor. They gave us a regular room to sleep in for that night and promised to clean the carpet the next day. As we were heading to the ocean, I ran into the housekeeper in charge of our room. I mentioned the smell and that they were going to scrub it that day. She told me that the last guests complained about the smell as well, but no one scrubbed the carpet for them-or after they left! I was not surprised when we returned to find the room still smelled like urine. Another call to the front desk, and they again asked us to be patient., I told them I had been patient and this was our third day in the hotel, and they had not taken care of the problem..I requested another room, and was really feeling embarrassed because they treated me as if I was the problem. We were told we would be moved to a suite on another floor by 6 p.m., and they would handle moving our luggage. When we returned from dinner, we were still in the same room! I spoke with the manager and was moved to another suite, comparable in cheap furniture...however, without the smell of urine. To top off our vacation, I requested a credit for the night we slept in the regular room, as I didn't feel I should pay the rate of a suite. In addition, after all the crap we went through the first three days of our vacation, I thought crediting me one night was the least they could do. The front desk clerk, which seemed like a stepford person without the smile, refused. Her response was, we slept there, didn't we? I wonder what kind of training they get to be so rude. I had to request the manager, who was not readily available. I had to take a seat in the lobby and wait approximately 15 minutes for someone to speak with me. They credited one night, without so much as an apology from the manager or the front desk clerk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront and on the boardwalk, the Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center is centrally located within walking distance of a wide variety of restaurants, clubs, galleries, live theatre productions, arcade games and (of course) the beach! Our seasonal restaurant, outdoor oceanfront beach bar, coffee shop and outdoor pool are added bonuses! With over 10,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space too, the Atlantic Sands is host to weddings, conferences, meetings and banquets of all kinds. Our oceanfront rooftop patio can be reserved for cocktail events, wedding ceremonies and more. Complimentary Wi-Fi and parking for overnight guests, comfortable rooms, the friendliest and most capable staff in town, and a location that can't be beat has made the Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center many people's first choice for decades! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Sands Hotel And Conference Center
- Atlantic Sands Rehoboth Beach