I stayed at the Atlantic Sands for four nights with my husband and two daughters (who are turning 6 and 3). Hands down, the best feature of the hotel is its location. Right on the boardwalk, steps away from the beach and easy access to the restaurants, shops, Funland rides, etc. We parked the car once and walked everywhere.
The pool was nice with limited chair seating surrounding the pool with about 10 chaise loungers on a sun deck a flight of steps above the pool. Somewhat limited interaction with the staff, but all employees I encountered were professional and courteous. There was also a restaurant there, but we didn’t eat there. Looked decent and was advertising a daily lunch/beach menu item of a hotdog and soda for $3.
This hotel has two very distinct sections – old and new. Though I wasn’t inside a room in the older section, I would never stay in one of these rooms. The hallways were old, dingy, stained and more reminiscent of a motel than a beachfront property.
We stayed in the newer section in a suite with two separate rooms – a sitting room and bedroom. Our floor had a handful of conference rooms where some meetings were taking place. The room itself was tidy and decent, and we liked having a separate sitting room for when our girls went to bed as well as eating lunch in the room, etc. The beds were double beds (small for us) and quite soft. Four square pillows topped each bed (vs. the standard pillow size). Also had easy access to the hotel WiFi.
Hands down the worst part of the room was the bathroom. It was small with no counter space for toiletries and just didn’t look clean. Mold-stained shower curtain and tub caulking, dirty floor grout, chipped enamel/paint on the tub and toilet seat, etc. I don’t know if it was poor housekeeping as much as it was just worn out and couldn’t be cleaned any more.
The bathroom itself would give us cause to not stay there again. That said though, we found there just aren’t many ocean front, on the boardwalk hotels available (compared to Ocean City, MD, for example). Although Rehoboth Beach itself is lovely and very family oriented, the lack of hotel options (and the fact we won’t return to Atlantic Sands) will probably keep us from returning any time soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront and on the boardwalk, the Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center is centrally located within walking distance of a wide variety of restaurants, clubs, galleries, live theatre productions, arcade games and (of course) the beach! Our seasonal restaurant, outdoor oceanfront beach bar, coffee shop and outdoor pool are added bonuses! With over 10,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space too, the Atlantic Sands is host to weddings, conferences, meetings and banquets of all kinds. Our oceanfront rooftop patio can be reserved for cocktail events, wedding ceremonies and more. Complimentary Wi-Fi and parking for overnight guests, comfortable rooms, the friendliest and most capable staff in town, and a location that can't be beat has made the Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center many people's first choice for decades! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Sands Hotel And Conference Center
- Atlantic Sands Rehoboth Beach