All reviews off season pull out couch the main street board walk free parking memorial day weekend beach chairs housekeeping staff this past weekend restaurants and shops omelet ocean roland boardwalk rehoboth delaware funland
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First let me say this was off season. I booked (blind) thru Priceline bid system so I got a nice price. My room was on the ground floor with a direct view over the pool and right on to the beach. Absolutely perfect. Hotel staff was very helpful and police and the rooms were very nice. My second night I slept 11 hours so obviously the room was good for sleeping.

Room tip: Ask for rooms with a ocean view.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
CraigG2163, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and had a nice relaxing time at the beach. We hope that we will see you again.

Reviewed May 10, 2019

This is a decent hotel in a good spot. There was nothing that wowed us, but nothing to complain about. Our balcony looked over the pool to the beach with a spectacular view of the sunrise.
In mid may, the boardwalk is still largely shuttered, but there is a good restaurant and bar downstairs. There was a school trip staying here, but the front desk put us in the other wing without even having to ask and we didn't hear another guest while we were in our rooms.
The pool is disgusting. Even if it's too cold to swim, I'd think you'd want to keep it clean since so many of your rooms look down into it.
I always have a problem with lighting in hotels and this was no different. Three dim lamps. No ceiling lights. Water pressure was weak, but the towels were ample and fluffy. Microwave and fridge in each room. Overall, a nice stay on the shore, which was our goal.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
CraigG2163, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2019

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. Your feedback is important to us and have been shared with the staff. Our pool doesn't open until Friday of Memorial Day weekend, we have just taken the cover off of the pool to prepare it for the season. which will take approximately a week. We haven't even put the chairs and umbrellas out for the pool area because the area is not open and ready. I do apologize for that inconvenience, our pool gets a lot of positive comments from our guests. We hope that you will return, maybe even during our pool and beach season.

Reviewed May 3, 2019

Attended a conference here, and the facilities were superb. Room was spacious, clean and modern, and the mattress and pillow were delightful. Great location, too! Hotel staff were attentive to our needs.

Room tip: I loved my suite, with a balcony, even though it wasn't waterfront.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank SHC5015
CraigG2163, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your visit and meeting. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 26, 2019

I spent a few days at the Sands on the beach during my spring break. The folks at the desk were wonderful when I asked if I could arrive a day earlier and extend my stay. They had a great special. I arrived early and was disappointed that the room did not have an easy chair in addition to the desk chair. No worries, Donna graciously worked to find one that had an ocean front view and even showed us an alternative and more spacious room. She went out of her way to meet my every need until I was settled in the room. The woman tending the room even went to another floor to get me some ice when I asked for the location of the machine. Throughout my stay everyone was kind and gracious. It was the prefect spot on the beach. I had a couple of days of beautiful sun, drank coffee on the balcony, and enjoyed the lovely view. The room and hotel were spotless, parking very convenient, boardwalk steps away and quietly busy, stores and food within a block. I look forward to returning at a warmer time of year when the restaurant and pool are open.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
CraigG2163, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2019

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. Your feedback has been shared with the staff and I am so happy that our staff was so accommodating. They take pride in assisting our guest's needs. Please call Donna the next time you want to visit our beach, so she can book your reservations personally. The pool will be open until around the second week of September, weather permitting. That is a great time of year in Rehoboth Beach.

Reviewed April 22, 2019

We stayed in an ocean front room and were able to listen to the ocean as we fell asleep. The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be back the next time we are on the east coast.

Room tip: A corner room was wonderful
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CraigG2163, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your staying with a clean room and a friendly staff to accommodate you and your family. We hope that you will return.