We have just returned from a great weekend at the Atlantic Sands Hotel. We arrived Saturday 10/7/06 and departed Monday 10/9/06. We must admit that after reading the reviews we wondered if this would be a good hotel for us to stay. The fears we had were pointless.
The front desk staff was very friendly and efficient. We arrived at 9:00am the room was not quite ready due to being sold out for the weekend which was understandable. We did not understand the check in time being so late (4:00pm). The clerk was kind enough to give us the first room that became available. While we waited for our room to become available we had coffee at the cute little coffee shop just outside the front desk entrance. When there was finally a room that became available to check in we were able to just pick up our keys, assuming because we had already filled out our registration. This made the check in extremely well organized.
The room was in a great location on the third floor over the pool. Ocean front with balcony and two chairs with sliding glass door. There were two double beds, a little small for two people, but the room was still very nice. The rooms were equipping with coffee maker, refrigerator, and microwave. Although there was no hair dryer or iron in the room I was impressed with everything else. Housekeeping comes to the room at convenient time of day; we were usually up and out at that time so we were not disturbed while sleeping. The freshness of the room was good. The bathroom was cleaned, we got new towels everyday and the beds were made and the floors were well vacuumed.
All in all this hotel was in a good location in central Rehoboth Beach where all the shops, boutiques, and restaurants were. The service was great, check in and check out was easy. There was an express check out. This was handy so you do not have to wait in the extremely long lines at check out time. Forget what you have read about this hotel in all those negative reviews. My experience at The Atlantic Sands was a great one and I will go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront and on the boardwalk, the Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center is centrally located within walking distance of a wide variety of restaurants, clubs, galleries, live theatre productions, arcade games and (of course) the beach! Our seasonal restaurant, outdoor oceanfront beach bar, coffee shop and outdoor pool are added bonuses! With over 10,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space too, the Atlantic Sands is host to weddings, conferences, meetings and banquets of all kinds. Our oceanfront rooftop patio can be reserved for cocktail events, wedding ceremonies and more. Complimentary Wi-Fi and parking for overnight guests, comfortable rooms, the friendliest and most capable staff in town, and a location that can't be beat has made the Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center many people's first choice for decades! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Sands Hotel And Conference Center
- Atlantic Sands Rehoboth Beach