Went on a weekend trip with 2 of my girlfriends to the beach and booked a suite at the Atlantic Sands which had 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa. Yes, the location (right on the beach) is a plus, however it does not outweigh all of the negatives associated with this hotel. The room itself was dark with insufficient lighting. The bathroom was disgusting and outdated. We had to ask for the toilet seat to be replaced because it was so chipped and old. It was dirty with wallpaper peeling off the walls.
The pull out sofabed was incredibly uncomfortable - you could actually feel the lumps in the "mattress". The 2 queen beds were uncomfortable as well. There was 1 mirror in the entire suite and that was in the bathroom. A suite generally would mean that more than 1 person would be occupying the room and a second and even third mirror located in the room would have been very helpful.
The maid service replenished the towels in the bathroom but did not clean the bathroom! The floor was not swept or mopped, the vanity was not wiped down and the shower was not cleaned. The carpet in the room was not vacuumed. When we called to complain, the head of housekeeping was at our door immediately and made sure that they cleaned the bathroom and vacuumed the carpet. She was very apologetic and very polite and she did take care of the situation, although it is hard to clean a run down, nasty bathroom.
This hotel is in desperate need of some attention. If you don't mind spending $300 a night to be put up in a dirty, dark, uncomfortable room, then go ahead and book your stay at The Atlantic Sands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront and on the boardwalk, the Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center is centrally located within walking distance of a wide variety of restaurants, clubs, galleries, live theatre productions, arcade games and (of course) the beach! Our seasonal restaurant, outdoor oceanfront beach bar, coffee shop and outdoor pool are added bonuses! With over 10,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space too, the Atlantic Sands is host to weddings, conferences, meetings and banquets of all kinds. Our oceanfront rooftop patio can be reserved for cocktail events, wedding ceremonies and more. Complimentary Wi-Fi and parking for overnight guests, comfortable rooms, the friendliest and most capable staff in town, and a location that can't be beat has made the Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center many people's first choice for decades! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Kognitiv US Corp so you can book your Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Sands Hotel And Conference Center
- Atlantic Sands Rehoboth Beach