Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews off season the main street housekeeping staff free parking ocean boardwalk rehoboth
Selected filters
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sands for one night. The location is spectacular, especially if you choose oceanfront. Our room was right on the boardwalk, so it was fun to sit on the balcony and watch the people and dogs trot the boardwalk or the beach. Check-in was pleasant and efficient. The room was nice, but quite small for the money. It was clean. The bed was comfortable, but not cushy like most hotels now. I was happy to have a regular blanket. My new pet peeve is the motels and hotels that only have the down-like comforters. They are too hot for me, so I either have to sweat (flash for you older women who understand) or freeze. For off season, the rate was fine. If you want to pay in the $300's for summer---ahhh----I guess if you want the prime location. We'd go back.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SandsStaff, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, found our staff pleasant and our hotel clean and comfortable, and that you plan to return! There are larger rooms and suites available if you would like to consider one for your next stay. Upgrades and renovations continue and we are pleased that so many of our guests appreciate the value we offer at our exceptional oceanfront location! We look forward to greeting you on your next visit!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Before stating any of the following we have been to this hotel many of times in the past. I must say we are highly dissappointed with the confusion we have been receiving even before we arrive. We originally booked an oceanfront room for ourselves back in January for this weekend. Our friends also have called to book thier rooms but asked for the rate we recieved for returning customers. In that ordeal, I have had two rooms now booked under my name, I have had my room charged to a credit card that I did not give them. They obviously used an old credit card that they had on file for incidentals in the past. We have made several attempts to speak directly to management but are constantly transferred to someone else or are forwarded into voice mail where nobody has returned our calls. I will again try to talk to the manager tomorrow just to make sure that everything is good before we arrive. We are people that travel often and have never encountered the negative customer service we are receiving for a simple two night stay at this hotel. A "weekend getaway" for our birthdays has become a nightmare wandering if we will even have our correct rooms we originally booked when we arrive and leaves us seriously questioning whether or not we will ever stay here again. Crossing our fingers, I will keep you posted.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Jessica143
Reviewed March 18, 2013

First the good - We had an oceanfront room with a beautiful view of the ocean. The location on the boardwalk is great. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The staff were friendly and helpful. Free parking.

Then the bad - Wi-Fi was terrible and kept shutting down, which was very frustrating. The bathroom was tiny. The hotel is old and is in need of being updated. There were several lights out in the hallways. There weren't many amenities - no coffee in the lobby, no newspaper, only a tiny bottle of shampoo and conditioner. The rates were fairly high considering it was March.

Room tip: Ask for an oceanfront room on either the 3rd or 4th floor with a balcony you can sit out on, as many of the balconies are less than a foot deep.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 64PamS20
SandsStaff, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Wi-fi service is available and working well in 95% of the hotel. A troublesome area was identified in one area on one floor recently and that issue is being researched so it may be addressed. We apologize for the inconvenience. We’re glad you enjoyed the fabulous view and the comfort of your room, as well as our friendly staff members. We hope you’ll enjoy the improvements our current renovations will provide on your next stay!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in early March. We knew to expect that most things would be closed, though we were unable to gather from the hotel's website if that included the hotel's own restaurants (it did; they were closed). Pros: clean room, great views, great location, free parking. Cons: The door to go the balcony was very hard to open, the water pressure and hot water were poor, and hallway noise was very loud. But for $100 a night off-season, I'm not complaining. However, I don't think I would pay in-season prices.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Chad G
SandsStaff, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay and hope that you reported your concerns to the Front Desk so they could be addressed. We are completing many renovations now, including some to our restaurant, and we hope (and expect) that your next experience at the Atlantic Sands will be far better than average!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were happily surprised by our overall experience at the Sands. The rooms were nice and clean, and our basic room even had a juliet balcony with a side view of the ocean. The free parking is a bonus. The bed was super comfortable. It would be great to experience this hotel during high season.

We would definitely stay here again, we are huge fans of Rehoboth and the Sands is now on the list for future visits.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
SandsStaff, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

We’re happy that you enjoyed your stay and want to visit again! Thank you for your review!