“Never Again!!!”

Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Never Again!!!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

In our first room, we had 2 full size beds; no big deal. However, both mattresses were completely worn out and should have been replaced at least 5 or 6 years ago. The bathroom sink drained so slowly that the sink almost overflowed each time we went to use it. The room became very cold so I decided to turn on the furnace; NO HEAT! Called the front desk; was informed the heat had just been turned on and to wait about 30 minutes; 30 minutes came and went, still no heat. Called front desk; said a maintenance man would be sent up. Maintenance man arrived about 11:00 PM. Said he did not know how to fix the problem and that he was getting ready to go home. Call the desk; they offered to change our room. I declined due to the late hour and my wife had already went to bed. Desk called back and said we could leave our belongings is our room and sleep in a different room. Great! Things are looking up!

Not so fast. The mattress on the one and only king-size bed in the second room was worse that the first room. While the wife tried to sleep in the bed, I tried to sleep on the couch. No luck; couch was too short and there were no extra blankets ( I am only 5'9" tall). The furnace short-cycled turning on every 2 minutes and only running for 30 seconds. Hot water? only after running the water for about 5 minutes. Another slow draining bathroom sink; must be the heavy water!

This is my story and I am sticking to it! I would not stay at this hotel if they offered me to stay free.

Don't say you have not been forewarned. Book at your own risk.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Plowjockey_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Nutley, New Jersey
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Had a great experience with Debbie at the front desk. I wanted to extend my stay for another day and she managed to get me into another great ocean view room. She spent time doing this as the hotel is very popular and very booked most of the year. My hat is off to her and I will be returning next year for sure because of her wonderful service.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Donald W
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Beds were old & uncomfortable ! Room was very small & not well maintained! Location is great! No beach service was provided,beach chairs were awful! Front desk was helpful in suggesting restaurants & sightseeing.

2 Thank Joan L
Norristown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at the Atlantic Sands Hotel last week. Everything was very good, staff, room, cleanliness and view. Special thanks to the housekeeping department, especially Allesandra. I left an article of clothing, she quickly found it and shipped it to me. I can add honesty and promptness to my review. 'Look forward to another stay there in the future.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our ocean front room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank M H
SandsStaff, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for giving us high marks! We strive to make every guest experience with us a pleasant and comfortable one! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sands!
Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was the second time we stayed here. Probably the last. First time seemed better. This time the A/C was very noisy; the shower whistled and the drain was slow. It took us a day to learn how to use the TV. Coffee Maker was ok. I wanted to use the gym, which is not located on premise but you had to pay about 5.00 each time you used it. No comp breakfast; you had to go next door for coffee and the selection was limited. I would like to say you get what you pay for but the cost was average compared to the other area hotels. Rooms were said to have been upgraded but the only thing upgraded was the TV compared to our first visit. Not a bad stay but not a great one either

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank GARY L
SandsStaff, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Our hotel has plans for renovations and upgrades over the upcoming winter months, so we do hope you will visit us again for a more enjoyable experience. Though we do not anticipate that you’ll find problems again, please know that hotel management can often correct or address any malfunctioning equipment that is discovered during a guests stay.
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed he for a short getaway. The hotel is worn but close to everything and our ocenfront room had a great view. My issue is management's response to a problem we had while staying there. I emaied both the GM and Director of Sales and never received an acknowledgement of the issue. While lounging in the pool during the early evening by ourselves, one of the hotel staff proceeded to yell at people on the boardwalk to come into the pool area, which they did. In the end my wife got into an arguement with one of the boardwalk people in the pool and we left the pool area. Told the front desk manager who said they would check it out. Never any follow-up from the front desk manager, GM, od Director fo Sales. At $250 a night I guess I was expecting some level of customer service, I guessed wrong.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else ...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marty B
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Staff was very friendly and accommodating and pleasant. And that was across the board (5 different individuals). Location is great. Right on the boardwalk. Also offers parking, which is a big plus considering that there are parking meters (and very aggressive ticketing) all over the town. Our room was very small and tough to get around in. The rooms and the hallway seemed a little dank and did not have a really good smell. Might be the constant barrage of ocean/humidity air. Some of the accommodations could use an upgrade (better/brighter lighting, new elevator, carpet). I am sure they don't lack visitors due to the location so these upgrades are probably not a priority for now.

Room Tip: The ocean front rooms have a great view of the ocean and boardwalk. Might be noisier during peak tim...
1 Thank michaelc62
SandsStaff, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for acknowledging our friendly staff members and our fantastic location!  Upgrades and renovations ARE a priority for us and we have many scheduled to take place over this coming winter. We hope to make the time you spend with us even more enjoyable in the future.