In our first room, we had 2 full size beds; no big deal. However, both mattresses were completely worn out and should have been replaced at least 5 or 6 years ago. The bathroom sink drained so slowly that the sink almost overflowed each time we went to use it. The room became very cold so I decided to turn on the furnace; NO HEAT! Called the front desk; was informed the heat had just been turned on and to wait about 30 minutes; 30 minutes came and went, still no heat. Called front desk; said a maintenance man would be sent up. Maintenance man arrived about 11:00 PM. Said he did not know how to fix the problem and that he was getting ready to go home. Call the desk; they offered to change our room. I declined due to the late hour and my wife had already went to bed. Desk called back and said we could leave our belongings is our room and sleep in a different room. Great! Things are looking up!
Not so fast. The mattress on the one and only king-size bed in the second room was worse that the first room. While the wife tried to sleep in the bed, I tried to sleep on the couch. No luck; couch was too short and there were no extra blankets ( I am only 5'9" tall). The furnace short-cycled turning on every 2 minutes and only running for 30 seconds. Hot water? only after running the water for about 5 minutes. Another slow draining bathroom sink; must be the heavy water!
This is my story and I am sticking to it! I would not stay at this hotel if they offered me to stay free.
Don't say you have not been forewarned. Book at your own risk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront and on the boardwalk, the Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center is centrally located within walking distance of a wide variety of restaurants, clubs, galleries, live theatre productions, arcade games and (of course) the beach! Our seasonal restaurant, outdoor oceanfront beach bar, coffee shop and outdoor pool are added bonuses! With over 10,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space too, the Atlantic Sands is host to weddings, conferences, meetings and banquets of all kinds. Our oceanfront rooftop patio can be reserved for cocktail events, wedding ceremonies and more. Complimentary Wi-Fi and parking for overnight guests, comfortable rooms, the friendliest and most capable staff in town, and a location that can't be beat has made the Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center many people's first choice for decades! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Kognitiv US Corp and Travelocity so you can book your Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Sands Hotel And Conference Center
- Atlantic Sands Rehoboth Beach