“BEST OCEAN VIEW EVER!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Stafford, Virginia
“BEST OCEAN VIEW EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2011

Was there on business to review, but had the most relaxing getaway ever! Had a room with a stand up balcony to the ocean and a full balcony to the board walk/ocean which you could watch relaxing in bed. Incredible view. Only wish they had decaf coffee in the room and more pillows. Biggest plus, military discount! Great place to unwind.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Collierville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2011

We were booked at this hotel for a wedding. The location is great, right on the beach! We anticipated a pleasant stay until check in. We had booked 3 months in advance, and yes, paid for one night in advance as well. When booking, we requested a room with a king bed. Upon check in we were told, sorry, you get two doubles since there are no kings available. Upon learning later that there were king rooms available, we asked the staff at the front desk to move us to a king room, only to be told by 'Sammy' that none were available and it was hotel policy to provide only what was available and they did not honor prior booking arrangements. Sammy then got into a loud argument with us over this, while other arriving guests were checking in. The sales manager finally was called in and resolved our concern with grace and a positive customer service attitude. Sammy just simmered in the back room, clearly disgusted with us (the customer!) over challenging him.
The room was nice, but the carpet and wallpaper dated and dirty. The door to our 24 inch 'porch' leaked rain water onto the carpet. We were awakened at 5am the first morning by a 'malfunctioning' smoke alarm system, then awakened again the next day at 3am by an alarm clock going off in the next room (obviously vacant and also a 'king' room since we were placed into the king suite section of the hotel).
Some of the staff were very friendly and customer oriented, while Sammy clearly represented a more nasty side. It appeard to us he was in the wrong job and his behavior tainted our overall experince.

Room Tip: Demand a king if you paid for it!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank shoffman2

Travelers are raving about these Rehoboth Beach hotels

sparta,nj
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

I stayed at this dump 4/15 and 4/16 for a wedding. This was the reccomended hotel. I had to pay one night up front which should have been a tip off. My wife and I were promised a King room but were given a twin upon arrival. When I complained they denied having made that promise. After threatening to go elsewhere they gave us a king. The general appearance of the hotel was run down with odd odors and filthy dated carpets. we wnt out for dinner and upon return the keys no longer worked. The desk seemed confused with who was staying in what room and were clearly annoyed that BOTH of my keys did not work. (No, they were not next to my cell phone,. DUH!). We then discovered there was no remote for the TV. Again a call to the desk and it seemed I was causing them trouble by being so demanding. We went to sleep and were awakened at 4:30 am to the shrieking of the in room fire alarm. I checked the hall and smelled no smoke and promptly called ther desk. They asked if I had been smoking or showering!! All the while with the alarm sounding. They said they would come up and "Take a Look at It" after 5 more minutes of earsplitting, mind numbing noise I disconnected it and walked it down to the lobby and handed it to the desk clerk for further inspection. Later that morning I stopped by the desk to ask if I could expect it to be repaired. The woman working the desk appeared to have the demeanor of a parolee on work release and snarled back"You could Assume That". Well they did not ever enter the room again. It was not cleaned, the alarm was not repaired and I just counted down the hours until I could leave this hell hole. The restaraunt was dirty and I was delighted to see this dump in my rear view mirror.

Room Tip: There is none. Ask for the local homeless shelterr
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank rmcgurrin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2011

Paid for an oceanfront room to stay over after the polar bear plunge charity event for special olympics. Room was nice and location good. Very early in the morning the fire alarm went off which caused a panic throughout the hotel. Even the staff in the hallways didn't know what was going on. Upon running to the front desk we were told the manager had scheduled testing of the fire alarms and there was nothing they could do about it. This went on for the next three hours with the alarm sounding every five minutes. This was an ear piercing sound. I asked to speak to the manager Mr Brush. Was told he was gone until Wednesday. I asked for a partial refund or some compensation. Told there was nothing they could do. I sent a note to mr brush and very politely asked what he was willing to do and received no response. He/they obviously have not heard of customer service or common sense for that matter. Why would you test a fire alarm for hours in the morning as opposed to using the time between check out and check in? Sounds like someone doesn't know how to run a hotel. I would steer clear of this place and their sister hotel on second street. There are too many nice hotels in rehoboth that care about their patrons to have to put up with this kind of treatment.

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank Delaware345
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

I stayed there with two of my grandchildren and we had a
ball! Who cares if the carpeting in the hallway is a little
worn out? The room was clean and the furniture served its
purpose. Oceanfront is awesome. An outdoor pool is a great plus.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2010

My partner and I, along with my parents took a trip up to Rehoboth to visit my step brother and my neice for Christmas. My grandfather booked us a room at this hotel, and paid top dollar, even during the off-season when we were literally the only guests there in the whole hotel. The main reason we picked this hotel was because they told us they have a restaurant, bar, and coffee lounge open, that we could easily charge to the room. We arrived at the hotel to find out that the restaurant, bar, and coffee shop were closed for the season, which we were not very happy about. We went up to our room and were not happy. The room was VERY small, 2 double beds, and a tiny little living area. The toilet wouldnt flush properly. When we complained to the front desk, the upgraded us to a suite, and we were VERY happy. It was 3 times bigger, with a great view. During the course of our stay, we had to go down and activate our room keys because they would stop working. One day, we were suprised that their coffee shop was opened, Mojo....BUT we couldn'y charge it to the room anyway. All in all, we are happy we were upgraded, but came across too many problems with this hotel. I really dont think I would stay here again, if the same circumstances arrive for next year.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Ocean City, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2010

The location is excellent and the price isn't bad but the hotel is beat up. I was there for a conference and I did get a great rate due to our group booking but it is clear that the hotel has taken a beating over the years and the furniture and decor in the rooms is in dire need of attention to be updated and refurbished. It can also use some new hallway carpeting that looks like it was what was originally installed. I do realize though that there are not many options for various organizations such as mine to have their conferences that have 200+ attendees. I have stayed at the Sands in years past and I haven't seen any improvements or attention paid to those areas that need it the most. I see the wear and tear getting worse every year I come back in September for my conference. It doesn't appear that management sees the need for improving or giving the hotel a fresh, new look. I think that alone would do wonders to anyone's first impression that has never stayed there before. I am not sure what the summer rates are but I would think one would want to shop around before making a final decision since I know how high rates can be at the beach in July and August and unless improvements are made the rate I paid for September would even be high for July and August. If improvements were made however and the carpets, furniture, and bedspreads/curtains were replaced, and the rates brought "in-line", that and the location would be a perfect combination.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business