New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

and 1 more site!
Admiral Hotel
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
pennsylvania
“Great location - didn't use car once during whole trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was our first time staying here. We chose a room with a dividing wall between the bed and the sitting area, so our teens could have a little privacy. This worked well for us. We had a few things that needed to be changed - extra sheets, blankets and pillows for the sofa bed, extra hand towels. We called the front desk (one time was at 9:45pm) and both times a staff member was there in 5 minutes to resolve the issue. Great friendly service! Also, the location can't be beat - with the beach, boardwalk and restaurants close by, we didn't move our car once during our 6 day stay and that is relaxing. We loved the pool, but admit that some people had difficulty getting out of the pool since there were only ladders, but we were fine. Will definitely come here again when coming to Rehoboth Beach.

admiralmgmt, Owner at Admiral Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we greatly appreciate your feedback. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us & that you found our hotel to be in the perfect location for your vacation. Our staff works round the clock to ensure that every guest is having a pleasurable & enjoyable stay with us. The front desk staff at The Admiral is great & are always willing to help. In regards to your comment about our pool ladder, we are in the process of looking for a replacement ladder that will make it easier for our guests to get in & out. We look forward to your next visit with us. Best wishes from everyone at The Admiral.

Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time staying here and was pleased. The location was great, right off the boardwalk. Rooms were nice. Not a lot of decor, but clean. Didn't have alot of interaction with the staff, but was friendly. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
admiralmgmt, Owner at Admiral Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we greatly appreciate your feedback. We are all pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location to be conveniently located for you. Our rooms have been recently renovated & our housekeeping staff works hard to ensure that the rooms are clean everyday. We do hope you return to stay with us again for your next Rehoboth Beach vacation. Best wishes from everyone at The Admiral.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We booked late so I was prepared for anything. I was pleasantly surprised. It is not a luxury hotel but it was clean, everything worked, beds comfortable, pool was really nice, they have parking, and you can't be any closer to the action area of the Boardwalk. Would stay here again. Like I said, not luxury, but very nice, price seems appropriate since it is right against the beach (I had thought it would be further.)

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank GoFryGo
admiralmgmt, Owner at Admiral Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our location to be ideal. Our hotel offers an amazing location and experience for all of our guests. All of Rehoboth Beach's best attractions and restaurants are within walking distance of The Admiral. The pool area is perfect year round and offers an amazing escape on rainy days. We look forward to you returning to stay with us again.

Westminster, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I arrived at the hotel at 1145 AM after a two hour drive. Our check in time was 300PM. We didn't expect to check in early, but when we asked to use the bathroom, the girl at the front desk told us we could not...that we had to use the public bathrooms. She said she would call when the room was ready. At 500 PM we still had not received a call. The new check in lady said the room was ready at 300 PM and they should have called us. The maid didn't leave toilet paper or coffee after cleaning the room. The only thing good I can say is the room was close to the beach. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank wrudacille
admiralmgmt, Owner at Admiral Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
The staff of The Admiral works hard to ensure that all of guests have a pleasurable stay with us, which many of our guests would agree that we succeed in doing so. However, there are times we fall short and for that we apologize for any inconveniences that occurred during your stay in Rehoboth Beach. Once our staff was notified your room had insufficient items there were immediately replaced. Our rooms are guaranteed for check-in at 3pm, in a case where the room is ready earlier we offer to call the guest as a courtesy to them so they can get their vacation started as soon as possible.

Center Moriches, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Last week my husband, 4 month old daughter and I stayed at the Admiral Hotel for our first family vacation. My husband was competing in the Mid-Atlantic Regional Lifeguard Tournament right on Rehoboth Beach. The Admiral Hotel was in a great location and was half the price of the rival hotel with a similar view of/proximity to the beach. The rooms were very clean, which is my priority, and the pack and play the hotel offered was safe and in good condition. Since it was 100 degrees out, I spent a little more time than I wanted to in the room to keep our little one out of the extreme heat. I had a chance to notice more things about the hotel. My only 3 negatives for the hotel were: 1) the hair dryer was from 1911, it took me over half an hour to dry my hair. 2) The air conditioning unit was extremely loud when it kicked on, startling everyone several times in the middle of the night. 3) The decor of the room was nothing to write home about, but again, that's not a priority for me when traveling. Overall it was a positive experience and I would stay there again.

admiralmgmt, Owner at Admiral Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we greatly appreciate your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you & your family enjoyed your stay with us during your husband's competition (hope he did well). Our hotel offers an amazing location, just steps to the beach & boardwalk which is perfect for families with children. In regards to your recommendations, our hair dryers are smaller than a full sized one guests are used to at their homes. They work very well, but we do understand that people have different needs & expectations. We will also look into the noise of the air conditioner, it was most likely an isolated incident with your room. Thank you again for your recommendations & we do hope you & your family return to stay with us again soon!

Oneonta, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I just stayed at the Admiral for four days in the beginning of July. First off, from reading these reviews, it seems most people rate the HOTEL highly because of the surrounding area, and not the hotel itself. Secondly, this is an expensive place!! Yes, I know it's on the beach, but I have stayed in several east coast hotels directly on the beach, and I mean directly, that cost significantly less AND have a breakfast included. The hotel is nice enough, and obviously in a fantastic location. Very nice lobby area, and all the front desk staff I had any interaction with were very nice as well. The room is adequate, and I had no issues with the room per se. It was relatively clean, although wasn't quite thrilled with a former occupants grape laying next to my bed the entire duration of our trip. However, my biggest issue was with housekeeping. For $200 a night, you think they'd actually clean the room and supply the items!! The first time she cleaned, the beds were made and the shampoo/soap refilled. However, I did not get any more toilet paper (which was NEVER refilled the entire time there) nor was the coffee refilled (and that was NEVER refilled the entire stay as well.) Toilet paper ran out the first full day, so at that point I resorted to tissues. At one point I simply took a roll off the maid's cart (since she had already done our room yet was NOWHERE to be found.) Once she came back a while later and said she had forgotten to do our garbage, although we had not noticed at that point the toilet paper had not been refilled. Out of curiosity, I did not say anything to the hotel to see if this would ever change. It never did. So although beds were made and towels were replaced, toilet paper, coffee, and shampoo/soap beyond the first day were not replaced.

2 Thank jminy
admiralmgmt, Owner at Admiral Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to review our property, we always appreciate our guest's feedback. Our rates are in line with every other hotel accommodation located within Rehoboth Beach. We feel we offer our guest an excellent experience & a great value, which most of our other Tripadvisor reviews support. In regards to your complaints about our housekeeping staff, I do realize that there are times when issues arise & need to be corrected. Unfortunately you did not notify us of this issue, nor did you give us a chance to solve it. A simple phone call to the front desk would have cleared this issue up in a matter of minutes. Our staff at The Admiral is friendly, approachable, and willing to help our guests at all hours of the day. We do our best to make sure everyone has an enjoyable, memorable, and relaxing visit with us.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Everything from day one on our trip has been amazing, from front desk, our room, location etc We are a new fan of the hotel !!!

Unlike The breakers after 15/ 20 years and over $20.000 would not help me out, there are not the words I want to use by no means ....

PLEASE try the ADMIRAL great people and PLACE

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
admiralmgmt, Owner at Admiral Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we love receiving feedback from our new guests like yourself. I am so pleased to hear that you had an incredible stay with us & that our staff was able to make your stay much greater. From our convenient location to our affordable rates, The Admiral is the perfect vacation destination for any guest. Thank you for giving The Admiral a chance to make you a lifelong guest. We hope to see you in the near future. Best wishes from your new friends at The Admiral.