We stayed at this Inn for 6 nights and although the public rooms are beautifully appointed, we found some very disappointing aspects to our holiday. The Bellmoor is well located in that it is set slightly back from the beach front and therefore close enough to reach, but away from any noise.
There is a budget motel right nextdoor and the Inn looks a though it was also once a motel that has now been extensively renovated and refurbished. The free car parking within the Inn grounds is a great bonus, as is the complimentary launderette.
All the public rooms are beautifully decorated and our room was inviting, the bed comfortable. But there was a shortage of storage in our room and in fact when we looked in other bedrooms, they also had very little place to store anything. So the complimentary coffee machine, coffee cups ,our toothbrushes, hair brushes,soap and toiletries all had to share the same squashy shelf. Our cases took up floor space and this made the room feel very cramped. The lighting in the room was extremely poor and we always had to have them on to see. Our airconditioning was not working on arrival, but to be fair a new unit was installed the following day.
The Inn has no kitchen so the breakfasts are brought in each morning, served from bain maries and therefore always luke warm. The food was more or less the same monotonous choice each day and you ate what you were given, no questions asked. So when I requested low fat cheese for example, I was told it was not possible. Everything was full of sugar, eggs were powdered ,scrambled , except weekends when we were treated to omelettes, but dont ask for a boiled or poached egg.
The Inn offers tea and biscuits each afternoon. Dont waste your time as it is just that. Tea from hot pots (water usually luke warm) and packets of biscuits., or weekends bought cupcakes.
Front desk staff were polite rather than endearing, except on our last day when we needed items from our stored luggage and we were closely monitored to see we didnt steal someone elses' posessions. As the Inn markets itself as upmarket, staff should have brought our case out to us, instead of allowing us into the storage room and then treating us like wannabe pilferers.
I do not believe that this Inn offers good value for money. It is expensive and whilst the decor gets 5 stars, the food barely rates a 3.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bellmoor Inn, a seaside resort, a non-smoking hotel that has the look and feel of a modern stylish inn while offering the service and privacy of a small European hotel. A Rehoboth Beach Inn for decades, it has been reborn as the newest with the completion of 78 elegant rooms, suites, and luxurious amenities. A garden spot seemingly far removed from ocean resort activity, yet only a short walk to the beach and the town's renowned boutiques, restaurants, galleries and coffee houses. Offering you the coziness of a bed-and-breakfast with the service and luxury of a five star hotel. Nearby Airports* Salisbury Airport - 45 miles* Balltimore/Washington International (MD) - 100 miles* Philadelphia International (PA) - 100 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your The Bellmoor Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bellmoor Hotel Rehoboth Beach
- Bellmoor Hotel Rehoboth Beach
- Bellmoor Rehoboth Beach