The Bellmoor has been a star in Rehoboth for many years, and we've been staying there for many years too. Unfortunately the management and staff have become a bit complacent, perhaps as a result of their top-dog status. Rates have become nearly out of reach for most families, especially in summer. The property itself, including the common areas, gardens, pools and rooms, are really very nice, and we greatly enjoy all of this. The breakfast, too, is quite nice. What's lacking is the extra mile in customer service. The Bellmoor charges a required and fairly hefty additional percentage of the room night for services such as housekeeping and bellman - but nine times out of ten, there's no bellman in sight when we arrive. We've been told in the past that we just need to ask, but really, that's not a solution - if everyone is being charged for bellman service, the bellman should be available and come out to greet every arriving guest, and be prepared to help every guest get their luggage back into their car when they depart.
We've also been surprised at the lack of flexibility with regard to turn-down service, especially when we were traveling with younger children who needed to be put to bed early. As for the spa, I would rate it average, and it often looks deserted. The single narrow door has an unwelcoming feel. The reality is that we'll probably continue to stay at the Bellmoor when we visit Rehoboth - though not as often as we used to, due to the prices creeping up! - and they know it, which is why these little details may remain unattended to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bellmoor Inn, a seaside resort, a non-smoking hotel that has the look and feel of a modern stylish inn while offering the service and privacy of a small European hotel. A Rehoboth Beach Inn for decades, it has been reborn as the newest with the completion of 78 elegant rooms, suites, and luxurious amenities. A garden spot seemingly far removed from ocean resort activity, yet only a short walk to the beach and the town's renowned boutiques, restaurants, galleries and coffee houses. Offering you the coziness of a bed-and-breakfast with the service and luxury of a five star hotel. Nearby Airports* Salisbury Airport - 45 miles* Balltimore/Washington International (MD) - 100 miles* Philadelphia International (PA) - 100 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Bellmoor Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bellmoor Hotel Rehoboth Beach
- Bellmoor Hotel Rehoboth Beach
- Bellmoor Rehoboth Beach