“Peaceful Sanctuary”

The Bellmoor Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The Bellmoor is pure rejuvenation and quiet by the sea! Within walking distance of fine dining, quaint shops and the boardwalk this is the lovely understated classic hotel for 2013! With two pools, one for adults only, the garden side breakfast and afternoon tea and cookies this retreat truly is delightful! We love staying on the fourth floor - adults only- where suites are extra spacious and a library includes tasty refreshments on hot afternoons! Go, go, go! The whole staff is so happy, helpful but never intrusive!

Room Tip: Fourth floor and garden view -extra special!
4  Thank June B

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Don't get me wrong, I have 3 grown children of my own and 3 grandchildren with 1 on the way. I love children, BUT, I don't want to be surrounded at all times by children when I chose to go on vacation with my adult friends. The Bellmoor has always been my favorite place to stay in Rehoboth, BUT as much as I enjoy their wonderful breakfast, this time I felt I was eating in the middle of Disneyland! There should be an adult only QUIET section created for folks without children to enjoy their morning coffee, paper and breakfast in peace. We even moved to the separate conference room but were joined immediately by families with many noisy little ones. I would expect this at a family Holiday Inn or other such family establishments, but when I'm paying prime price to stay at an "upscale" Inn at the beach, I think I shouldn't have to carry my breakfast and paper back to my room for peace and tranquility. They do provide an adults only pool section which we ended up using after the running and screaming at the family pool got to be too much, but breakfast really was a "noisefest" each and every morning we were there. Other than that issue, our stay was very pleasant, the staff is WONDERFUL at the Bellmoor as are the rooms and service. Maybe an adult breakfast room could be considered.

5  Thank pat p
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed here for a few days and were very comfortable in our room and satisfied overall with our stay. The breakfasts were good and plentiful. We stayed in one of the garden rooms and I would definitely make that selection again as it was quiet and with a nice view from the front window. The room was clean and had everything we needed. The great room of the main building was beautiful and relaxing with a nice fire and plenty of reading material. The location was close but not too close to the hear of the city. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2ofustravelin
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My partner are I were married on our 20th anniversary, so decided to take a short trip to Rehoboth. We saw they had a 5 star hotel and book a room in the garden section. It had been years since we were there. It was 1000k for 3 nights. We were charged $135 up front for tipping bellman, maids, etc.. When we arrived no bellman helped us with our bags, nor were we asked if we need help with them. Walls are paper thin, ironing board was bent and unstable, one of the staff opened our door without knocking, no exhaust fan in the bathrooms. Sheets were not changed daily and room was musty when we arrived. Round front toilet, seat was loose and not comfortable for normal sized humans.

Room Tip: Don't, overpriced.
7  Thank Bigdogwalk
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We just returned from a one night visit to the Bellmoor to celebrate a girl friend's 40th birthday. The hotel was very clean and charming and we found the sun room particularly welcoming and relaxing. Breakfast service was more than expected considering it was included in the price of the room- several hot and cold options. The rooms were generously sized and beds were very comfortable. While not right on the beach, it was in short walking distance to many restaurants and shops in town. We had several spa services the day we checked out, and front desk staff allowed us to have a later check out so we could back to the room after our spa services. I would not consider this a family friendly hotel, as it was not right on the beach and was very quiet and serene, but it was perfect for a quick girls get-a-way.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amber L
mgmtthebellmoor, Owner at The Bellmoor Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is always great to hear from our guests & how much they enjoyed their stay at The Bellmoor. Although our hotel is quiet & relaxing, we are a family friendly property & are our room types are popular amongst them. Our breakfast is truly a great feature of our property & helps to save our guests a lot of money from having to order breakfast out. We are happy that you & your girlfriends were able to enjoy your friend's 40th Birthday at our property. All of us look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Until then we wish you & your friends the very best!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel is really cute. The room was clean, the breakfast is OK - definitely not great, and the staff is helpful. We didn't use the pool or spa, but they seemed nice as well. I thought it was slightly overpriced for what we got, especially considering it is a few blocks from the beach. I will definitely be returning to the Bellmoor Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jessica K

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Although we are located two short blocks from the beach, we are only 1/2 a block from Rehoboth Ave. & only a short walk to every attraction in Rehoboth Beach. We do run specials throughout the season, so be sure to check our website & Facebook for our latest lodging deal. We truly believe that we offer a great value to our guests & we work hard to ensure that every guest has a great stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again. Best wishes from all of us at The Bellmoor.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My wife and I just lost our dog of 14 years so we needed to get away and clear our heads. We were looking for some place nice yet quiet. The Bellmoor Inn was perfect. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were very clean and charming. However, the garden and the sitting rooms were ideal places to just sit and reflect with relaxing water features mixed in with the landscaping and planty of places to sit. The hot tub was nice too.

The hotel is located in a prime location. Barely, a two minute walk to the beach and less to places to eat and shop. The prices are a little higher than other places but it is well worth it. We will definitely be returning to The Bellmoor again for the true meaning of R&R.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we greatly appreciate your feedback. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog, its always hard to see them go. It warms my heart to hear that our property was able to help you relax & heal during your time of need. The garden courtyard is truly relaxing as you sit there listening to the quiet sounds of nature. On your next stay do try one of our spa services, they are sure to make your R&R visit that much more relaxing! We look forward to seeing you again. Best wishes from all of your friends at The Bellmoor