The Bellmoor Inn and Spa
Comfort Inn Rehoboth Beach(Rehoboth Beach)(Great Value!)
$174
ComfortInn
Quality Inn & Suites(Rehoboth Beach)
$190
Sandcastle Motel(Rehoboth Beach)
$299
$329
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach(Rehoboth Beach)(Great Value!)
$242
$233
Hampton.com
$209
$275
  • Breakfast included
Anchorage Motel(Rehoboth Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
Pirate's Cove Motel(Rehoboth Beach)(Great Value!)
$179
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach(Rehoboth Beach)(Great Value!)
$224
Fairfield Inn
1,986 results
All reviewspalmer housefamily poolgarden areaomelet stationmade to order omeletsmain buildinghot tubget awayfourth flooroff seasonbreakfast was deliciouswithin walking distancefresh fruitwonderful staybeach townfew blockscommon areas
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at the Bellmoor Inn finally. I used to go to the Dinner Bell restaurant on the same property as a child in the 1970s. The original 1970s fountain is still in the quaint courtyard as I remembered it from my beach childhood.

I booked a room in the older side of the Inn and I will be totally honest - it was average. When I arrived on Friday afternoon for the weekend it seemed like to lone maintenance boy was cleaning the outside courtyard - that frankly should have been already cleaned. The door mat to my room was dirty so when I walked around the Pergo-like floor of the suite I had to wipe my feet off on a towel because there were no carpets by the bed. If I did not I would have had gunk in the bed. The bed was not a high end mattress and my hips and shoulder were killing me after two nights of tossing and turning. The drawer of the bureau almost fell out onto my feet because it was swimming around in the dresser. The lamps were all wobbly and the shades were loose so when you turned on the lights they would move around. I must have tightened three table lamps!

Generally the Inn was fairly clean although the elevator was dirty with Trident chewing gum wrapper and an askew dirty oriental carpet that I squared off with my loafer. The staff was very friendly and willing to go that extra step to assist. They served a very good buffet breakfast every morning. The day manager was very astute and worked his way through the breakfast crowd who enjoyed the enclosed patio tables. They had a decent hot tub but the two pools were not open for the season. Parking was a snap in the garage, but of course it was off season so parking may be tricky in the peak of summer.

I honestly do not think I will stay at the Bellmoor Inn again. I checked it off my list and although it was nice - it was underwhelming. We have stayed all over Rehoboth Beach and for the money Bellmoor needs attention to details.

Room Tip: Avoid the older section - opt for the new side of the building to avoid being woken up by second floor guests walking on the Pergo-like floor - made too much noise and disturbed me at 6 :30 a.m. on Sunday!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DfHRB
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and i made a late March visit to The Bellmoor for a quick two night getaway. We have been staying at The Bellmoor for many years, dating back to its previous incarnation as The Dinner Bell Inn. In short, we love this place! First class accomodations, cozy and comfortable common areas for lounging, reading or just sitting in front of a fire, a great location and a very comfortable bed with high quality sheets and bedding set the Bellmoor apart from other Rehoboth inns and hotels.The staff is always very helpful and accomodating, and the manager gave us a complimentary upgrade to a larger suite on this most recent stay. While the Bellmoor is not an inexpensive place to stay, this is a case where you do get what you pay for. Definitely recommend The Bellmoor!

1  Thank Gary S
mgmtthebellmoor, Owner at The Bellmoor Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. Thank you for your many years of loyalty to our property, it means a lot to my staff & I. At The Bellmoor we work hard to ensure that each guest has a wonderful stay with us and we do so by all the little details that you have mentioned in your review. From our gourmet breakfast in the morning to tea & cookies in the afternoon, we work round the clock to make your stay magical. We look forward to you & your wife returning to stay with us in the near future. Best wishes from all of us here at The Bellmoor.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We returned to the Bellmoor over the Easter holiday weekend. We have been coming to the Bellmoor regularly since it opened as a refurbished upscale Inn and Spa, probably about 10 years ago. It is refreshing to be welcomed as if you are visiting your own vacation home by the managers and the Moore brothers. In fact, we have frequently discussed buying a beach home, but have deferred because doing so would likely diminish our return trips to the Bellmoor. Staff , as usual, were courteous and super friendly. Rooms clean and nicely appointed. During the last several years, there have been some needed enhancements which keep the Bellmoor on top of its game. Breakfast , especially on the weekends when there are omellete makers , is always a delight. Don't expect a large over the top spa like you would see in a casino type hotel. Instead you get a nicely appointed, small intimate and quiet setting. Spa director, Tina is accomodating and friendly and if you want the best facial anywhere, ask for Tabitha. The Bellmoor continues to be a great relexing getaway. It is refreshing to do business with a family operated facility rather than a corporate giant. Humanity and excellence continues at the Bellmoor.

Room Tip: slightly more expensive, but the rooms in the main building are a bit nicer
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
mgmtthebellmoor, Owner at The Bellmoor Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Let me first start off by saying thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. Reading your review was so heartwarming to my staff & I. We appreciate your many years of loyalty to our hotel & we look forward each time you come to visit with us. My brother & I have worked hard to instill a sense of community at our hotel between the guests & our staff. Your interactions with our staff helps to further that sense of community that we strive to achieve. The Bellmoor is a second home at the beach for many of our guests, whom we welcome with warm greeting each & every visit. We always look forward to you staying with us & hope to see you in the near future. Best wishes from all of us at The Bellmoor!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Mary and i have been coming to the Bellmoor for the past ten years and would not think of going anywhere else. The accommodations have always been first class. From the moment you pass through their doors, warmth, graciousness and luxurious touches abound. The Bellmoor stands alone in a class by itself. We look forward to our next visit the end of April.

Charles & Mary Freburger

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
mgmtthebellmoor, Owner at The Bellmoor Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Reading reviews like your's is truly heart warming & I want to thank you personally for you many years of loyalty to our hotel. We work hard to make sure every guest is taken care of & we strive for excellence in everything we do. Your 10 year loyalty to our property confirms that we do our very best to ensure you stay is wonderful each time you stay with us. We look forward to seeing you & your wife at the end of the month. Best wishes from everyone here at The Bellmoor!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was my family's fourth visit to the Bellmoor, and we always have a great time. We rent the family suite, which is spacious and comfortable with a separate twin bedroom for the teens. We absolutely love the library and we always enjoy the breakfast (but why no potatoes?), and the location is perfect. The staff is very friendly and not at all stuffy. Afternoon tea and cookies is nice touch. Just one quibble: the family suite really deserves a nicer, more upgraded bathroom. The tub is the tiniest, most shallow vessel I've ever seen and the fixtures are straight out of home depot. Also, there is enough room for two sinks, so why not add another for the families staying in this room? Better yet, take a tip from our very favorite NYC hotel and put a 2nd sink outside the bathroom, right above the fridge. When paying the price for four "adults", the amenities ought to ensure the comfort of four adults brushing teeth, etc.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
mgmtthebellmoor, Owner at The Bellmoor Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoy your stay & were able to take advantage of our family suite. The family suite is our most popular room option & was only open 3 nights last summer. Our full breakfast is something that really sets The Bellmoor apart from other hotels in the area. We do rotate the breakfast offerings to give variety for our guests that stay with us for more than 3 nights, but potatoes are one of the starches that we do rotate. I hope you & your family enjoyed the freshly made omelet bar that we have on the weekends as well. We all wish you & your family the best & hope that you return to stay with us in the near future.