“It Gets Better Every Time!”

The Bellmoor Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My sister and I just returned from our annual holiday getaway. About 5 years ago, we started going to The Bellmoor between Christmas and New Year's. It is our gift to each other. From the moment you enter the lobby of this beautiful inn, a total feeling of relaxation overcomes you. It is just beautiful and warm. The feeling is that you have come to stay in a beautiful home instead of an inn. The fire in the library is going all the time. You are surrounded by comfortable chairs and books. The lighting is perfect. As a matter of fact, no matter where you go in this inn, it is just beautiful. There are places to sit and relax all over the inn. In the morning there is a delicious breakfast. There are hot and cold items to choose from with plenty of seating for everyone. The inn is also within walking distance with many wonderful restaurants to choose from and plenty of shopping. Unless you have been lucky enough to stay here, you can't imagine the elegance and beauty of The Bellmoor. We can't wait to return next year. It truly has become a wonderful tradition.

Room Tip: The rooms in the inn are larger and more modern than the garden rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Bellmoor Inn and Spa

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I love the beach in winter so I was fortunate to find the Bellmoor Inn & Spa in Rehoboth Beach, DE in mid-Dec 2012. We checked in very late (2am) and found a quiet, beautiful, sweet smelling, and absolutely clean room with balcony. The full breakfasts were welcome! The staff was both attentive and discreet in their attention to us. There was a woodburning fireplace in our room, which was both warming and romantic; the balcony faced a beautiful garden. For a relaxing, romantic and refreshing retreat - within a reasonable distance for those of us living in the metro DC/MD/VA area - I cannot recommend the Bellmoor more strongly. The Bellmoor exceeded all my expectations and it has become one of my annual winter getaway destinations. I hope that you make a reservation soon so that they can "WOW!" you, too. (Thanks to Drew and his front-desk staff; to Tina with her magic massage therapist fingers; and to the housekeeping staff who's hardwork is visible to every visitor.)

Room Tip: I stayed in room 3301 ... I didn't want to share it but I can't imagine a better room in thi...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Obatala88
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We have come back to the Bellmoor Inn whenever we stay in Rehoboth Beach because of the consistently high level of services and accommodations. Our room was wonderfully appointed; the breakfast experience continues to be one of the highlights of our stay; and the Bellmoor staff could not have been more helpful and pleasant. Our latest visit was during the Holiday season, and we had the added experience of enjoying the beautiful Holiday/Christmas decorations. Thank you Bellmoor for making each visit to Rehoboth Beach a wonderfully memorable one!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We spent 3 delightful nights at The Bellmoor in early November, very thankful that Hurricane Sandy had done them no harm. Our room, in the Garden section, was very clean and very comfortable. The full breakfasts were varied, complete and delicious. Kudos to Brenda, the lady who made them possible. Relaxing and luxurious ambience.

Room Tip: Garden section rooms are in a side extension to the main building. I suspect that they are smaller t...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy C
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I ran the Rehoboth marathon and my stay at the Bellmoor inn was great. Clean, quiet room. Front desk was very helpful and I could walk to all my destinations. Hot free breakfast before the race was great too. I would recommend this hotel to ALL!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Steven J
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I had never been to Rehobeth Beach so we reached out to friends for a recommendation. What a fantastic choice we made! The Bellmoor Staff and property were very nice. From the time we checked in the staff was phenomenal with providing us information about the inn and the local area. We had a moderate room as we desired and it fit our needs well. The afternoon tea and cookies was pleasant and the morning breakfast on the weekend was very good.

The location was great as we walked to the beach, shopping, and dining locations. We also spent some great time in the library in front of the fireplace on the damp evening we were there.

We look forward to returning and would love to see the place in the spring or fall when temps are warmer yet the summer crowds have gone.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2012

There are a few places where my wife and I look forward to returning again and again. The Bellmoor Inn is one of them. Most places we stay are nice but don't attract any special loyalty. We call and make a reservation at the Bellmoor knowing that the room, the staff, and the amenitites will be consistently excellent. This last visit we splurged and stayed in a room with a fireplace! It was an extra treat after being out on a cold day.

Room Tip: the web site has a good description of the various types of rooms and the prices
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple