Just returned from a two day stay at The Bellmoor in Rehoboth with mom and two kids. Good place. I gave a "very good" because this place is better than average, but truly not very good. I'm being generous then. Anyway, decent location - they say two blocks to the beach. Takes about 7 minutes or so...can be a bit tiring when it's late and you want to get back to your room after shopping, etc. Because they are off the beaten track it is a quieter place, which is nice. The Bellmoor is nice, but way too expensive (in my opinion).
The lobby is welcoming and nicely decorated. Front desk staff friendly. The rooms (our was a double queen standard) are...good. There I said it. Sort of like "dressed up" run of the mill hotel rooms. Plain bedding, A/C unit at window bottom...plain. But clean. The bathroom was good size but the tub was ridiculously small. Very nondescript bathrooms...nothing special here. Small pool on 2nd floor and hot tub (didn't use either but they looked clean and maintained). Breakfast...yes, it's complimentary. Standard fare. Some of it sits for awhile I'm afraid. Coffee and tea all day. Staff around breakfast area were nice enough.
I think that when you charge upwards of $400. a night for a hotel room there ought to be turn-down service, that's just me.
Starting to sound like a chain hotel? I guess that's my point. It's nice, and pretty, but it's missing it's soul. And, in my opinion, for the price they charge you ought to get a place with a definite feel of wow and this is a great place! Didn't get that feel...never have (stayed twice before). Why do I return? Well, it probably is one of the nicer hotels in Rehoboth (size and location-wise - I'm sure there are some fantastic boutique hotels that I haven't explored yet) that's close to the beach and boardwalk.
Good choice for families who don't want to stay at a run-down be achy place on the boardwalk or maybe for couples who want some quiet and distance from the commotion of the beach.
But it's going to cost you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bellmoor Inn, a seaside resort, a non-smoking hotel that has the look and feel of a modern stylish inn while offering the service and privacy of a small European hotel. A Rehoboth Beach Inn for decades, it has been reborn as the newest with the completion of 78 elegant rooms, suites, and luxurious amenities. A garden spot seemingly far removed from ocean resort activity, yet only a short walk to the beach and the town's renowned boutiques, restaurants, galleries and coffee houses. Offering you the coziness of a bed-and-breakfast with the service and luxury of a five star hotel. Nearby Airports* Salisbury Airport - 45 miles* Balltimore/Washington International (MD) - 100 miles* Philadelphia International (PA) - 100 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Bellmoor Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bellmoor Hotel Rehoboth Beach
- Bellmoor Hotel Rehoboth Beach
- Bellmoor Rehoboth Beach