“Perfect for Business Meetings”

The Bellmoor Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We have held our annual business meeting at the Bellmoor for 5 years. It's an ideal setting for achieving the mix of business and socializing we are looking for. There are plenty of activities and restaurants within walking distance. Service has always been exceptional.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank cac6405
mgmtthebellmoor, Front Office Manager at The Bellmoor Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

Thank you for your review for the "Perfect Business Meeting." Although most of our 'vacation' guests come to The Bellmoor to experience our spacious rooms, family pool with large sundeck, hot tub and fitness room, we are always happy to host a business group or retreat because we know they will return with their families. The conference room you were in can accommodate 25 to 30 people comfortably, or, a partician wall can fold away, creating a larger room for up to 80 classroom seating. Rehoboth has plenty to do, all year round, for your participants or they can relax in one of our comfortable sitting rooms, garden courtyard or our Spa after a hard day in class.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,899)

Reviewed June 21, 2011

When you cross the Bay Bridge going East you start to notice trees and open fields and you say to yourself the city is behind us-and when you drive into The Bellmoor Inn entry you know you are home. The staff, the rooms, the garden, the breakfast room, and the spa all say you are welcome here and make yourself at home. Three lovely days of quiet, sun, and privacy made us feel like we were on vacation for a week- we will go home again often to this lovely retreat by the ocean.

B & S Smith

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank SmithSSquared
mgmtthebellmoor, Owner at The Bellmoor Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2011

Dear B & S, Many thanks for your review and the kind words of comparing The Bellmoor to your home. It has always been our intention for our guests to feel "at home" and treat The Bellmoor as their home. We look forward to welcoming you "back home" for many years to come.

Best regards,
Chad

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed for a 3-day weekend earlier this month and had a great time. Originally had a reservation at the Atlantic Sands (oceanfront) hotel but after viewing the hotel it was filthy so we moved to the Bellmoor. The main building has been renovated recently and is worth the money! Great location near the main streets/bars/restauarants. The staff was very friendly and the pool was nice & clean.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marti38

Marti38, Thank you for taking the time to recognize the staff and the great job they do. Our staff has always been trained to exceed the guest's expectations, whether it is in housekeeping, reservation's desk or the staf at breakfast you can be sure you will have a great experience at The Bellmoor.

Best regards,
Chad Moore

Reviewed June 11, 2011

We were looking for a hotel with privacy and charm. We found the Bellmoor online and was immediately pleased with the quality of the rooms, service and quietness. We were able to get away from the not only the hectic pace of DC but also the beach traffic. We will be regulars. Our only disappointment was the hot tub went on the fritz on the 3rd of our five night stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. It is nice to hear that the efforts of the front desk, housekeeping, spa and breakfast servers are appreciated. Althoug many of our guests in the summer months consist of family members, our mature guests appreciate the many adult ammenities like the adult only Club floor, the adult only wadeing pool in the garden courtyard and the adult only hot tub overlooking the pool deck. We are sorry that you missed a few days in the hot tub but you will be happy to know that it is fixed and working better than ever.

Reviewed May 12, 2011

Stayed for one night for a birthday celebration. Suite was on 4th floor, adults only. Beautiful, spotless suite with all amenities. Staff could not have been nicer from start to finish. Full buffet breakfast included, again with friendly and helpful staff. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2011
4  Thank gb1xyl1

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you can stay longer next time so you can enjoy our full service day spa and sample the quisine of Rehoboth's many fine restaurants. The suite you enjoyed on our 'Club' floor with a king bed, gas fireplace, balcony and therapeutic jet tub in the spacious, Italian marble tile bathroom, is reserved for adult only guests.
Happy birthday and return again soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2011

When the Hotel Rehoboth management was unable to offer me extra padding for the beds (I have scoliosis and arthritis and need a soft sleeping surface) I was referred to the Bellmoor Inn. They said the Bellmoor had featherbeds and could better address my specific needs.
The staff at the Bellmoor was initially very helpful and accommodating by providing me with extra featherbeds so I could sleep. I am very grateful for their assistance. However, what they did to us the next day at breakfast was horrible and inexcusable. Therefore, I have to give the Bellmoor the worst rating possible.

Breakfast is served until 10:30 am. We arrived at the dining room at 9:50 am, which gave us plenty of time to select our food items and coffee and sit down. Unfortunately every table was taken inside the dining room, so we were left standing holding our plates and coffee cups. There were tables available in the outside garden area but it was too cold to sit there without a sweater or jacket. None of the outside catering staff made any effort to assist us or see if we could share a table for 4 with another couple.

We were finally unceremoniously directed to a huge “Overflow Room” and told to take our food and eat there. The “Overflow Room” was actually an unheated conference room set up with a long table and several chairs. The room was completely empty. Nobody else was eating there. There were shelves on one side of the room and a long wall with electrical outlets everywhere. There was ample space to set up a hot buffet with serving dishes, coffee urns, silverware, utensils, napkins, butter, milk, etc. The “Overflow” room had nothing. In short, we were forced to walk back and forth between the Dining Room and this conference room (which was far away) while carrying heavy plates of food. None of the catering staff lifted a finger to help us. In this huge “Overflow room” we dined alone. Since my spine is bad and I had a recent neck injury I had to carry one plate at a time on my tray, and made about ten trips. By the time I put my last item down, my French Toast was ice cold, as was my coffee, so I had to go back to the Dining Room and serve myself again and again. Readers of this review can imagine what this experience was like. Why should any hotel guest have to act as a waitress and carry heavy items without any assistance? Outrageous! During this time we are sure inside tables did open up and a staff member could have come inside the conference room and escorted us to a table with our food and hot drinks.

To add insult to injury, while we were “dining” in the barren “Overflow” room, a catering employee suddenly appeared out of nowhere and dashed in front of me, grabbing the heavy glass pitcher of maple syrup which I had just placed on the Conference Room table to use. She said, “Sorry, I have to take this. I’ll bring it back shortly.” Then grabbed the pitcher and ran out without even asking me if I was finished (I hadn’t even used the syrup yet). Since she never returned the pitcher I had to run back to the Dining Room and locate it so I can finish my breakfast. This entire time we were carrying heavy trays between the dining and conference rooms, not one member of the staff offered to bring anything to our “Overflow” table.

By the time we finished our breakfast I was exhausted and in pain. That’s when one of the catering staff workers appeared again and asked, “If you’re done, can I take these plates away for you?” Where was the catering staff earlier to bring the plates in? This is the ultimate insult.

Why were we the only two people being forced to eat in the Conference Room? The ambience was bad enough. But we didn’t pay the Bellmoor Inn for the privilege of having a “full breakfast” included only to have to lug heavy trays. Why don’t they provide enough tables to accommodate their guests enjoying the “free” breakfast or adequately furnish the conference room to address overflow conditions which must occur frequently when the hotel is near capacity. Another issue is the embarrassment and humiliation of standing in front of other diners with food and drink in hand with no place to sit.

When we checked out I was extremely angry and told “Drew” at the front desk what occurred and that I wanted a refund for at least a night’s stay due to the horrendous way I was treated. I explained the entire situation and what happened, and asked for a credit for that night’s stay he coldly said “No.” That was it. “No.” That’s quite a response to give to a hotel guest after they are treated like garbage.

I will be disputing the charge via my credit card and bank. I don’t know how you can put a price tag on the way our request food service was denied. We were too embarrassed and disgusted with the way we were treated and did not go down for the breakfast the morning of our checkout. Being whisked off into an empty conference room is not my idea of a pleasant breakfast, especially since my husband and I were the only ones put there. Drew was uncooperative and unresponsive, and couldn’t care less about what happened. This should never happen to any guest in a fine high-quality hotel. Any other boutique hotel would “comp” their guest for the inconvenience they experienced and offer a full or partial refund. We could have spent a lot less money at the Holiday Inn and gotten treated with more respect.

As for The Bellmoor Inn’s breakfast, just for the record the food was mediocre. The eggs tasted rubbery, and the oatmeal looked like dry cement. The catering staff is rude. If you’re looking for a hotel in Rehoboth Beach with friendly courteous staff, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
15  Thank BrooklynbirderNYC

We were sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience on your stay in May. Our goal is to meet and exceed all of our guests needs and expections, and we look forward to an opportunity to improve on your next experience at The Bellmoor. We take all constructive feedback from our guests seriously and strive to improve our performance from what we learn from guests reviews. We do serve a full hot breakfast each morning from 7:30 to 10:30 in our breakfast room and offer eggs made to order on weekends at our omelet station located in the breakfast room foyer. Seating is also available in the garden courtyard which is visible from the breakfast room through a continuous wall of french doors and floor to ceiling glass cafe windows. Seating for parties of six or more, or those needing additional seating is available in the Sussex room if needed. The Sussex room is nicely decorated with rick dark wood trim, raised panel wainscoting, grasscloth walls with engraved bird prints by Audubon and Basil Ede. All seating is within a few steps of the omelet station and our attentive breakfast servers help clear and clean tables so everyone has a pleasant buffet meal. Our breakfast is catered each morning by one of the finest restaurants in Rehoboth Beach and many guests laud the quality of the food and service. Unfortunately, sometimes our efforts fall short of our goal, and our guests expectations. We appreciate the opportunity to review our performance and embrace each challenge to help us improve.

Reviewed April 30, 2011

Lovely rooms, beautiful fireplace, comfortable beds, love the balcony, jet tub totally relaxing. Furniture could use a fresh shampoo. Wonderful, helpful and respectful staff. Front desk outstanding! Best Location! I just love this Inn better than a hotel! However, snobby guest who don't like sharing the Inn with African Americans, the Inn doesn't have a sign outside saying "whites only" segregation is dead and gone forever!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Hotel Rehoboth
#7 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conferenc...
#20 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
#8 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Hyatt Place Dewey Beach
Hyatt Place Dewey Beach
#3 of 13 in Dewey Beach

Been to The Bellmoor Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!