“Hospitality Bonanza”

Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Hospitality Bonanza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

My friend and I booked a room for a couple of nights of weekday beach fun. The front desk was very welcoming, asked for our choice of floors and let us check in early. The hotel has recently been refurbished and the rooms and common areas are well appointed and comfortable. I used the exercise room (small but adequate) early the first morning then headed for the breakfast room for a top-notch, full breakfast that included good scrambled eggs, sausage links and homemade French toast that rocked. The breakfast manager is a sweetheart and a good cook. Hotel is conveniently located. Just steps to Jakes Restaurant on one side and a Safeway grocery on the other side. This was my second stay at the Comfort Inn Rehoboth Beach and it is my new "go to" spot.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Cheaspeake
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff go out of their way to make you feel at home. I read another TripAdvisor rewiew on a room with a musty smell. My room didnt smell but it had a layer of dust on all of the surfaces. The reason for this is most hotels with this type of AC do not clean the filters enough. All it takes is about a three minute rinse in the tub and its done. If hotels trained cleaning staff to check and clean the filters (no tools needed) it would help elemanate dust and smells.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank DexterSaintjock
yonkers, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

My family and I stayed here for 4 nights this past week and can't say enough about this hotel. The staff, especially Chelsea was wonderful and so helpful. Chelsea didn't have a room available for us when we arrived early but told us to go enjoy the pool which we did once we had lunch across the street. The breakfast room was extremely busy all week and if you didn't get there early seating might be difficult but the kitchen staff ran back and forth constantly to make sure everything was filled up and you didn't have to wait for eggs or milk for your cereal. I have never seen a kitchen staff work so hard and efficient and I have stayed in many hotels.

As far as the room goes, it was spacious, comfortable queen beds and great shower. The only negative would be that the tub has a high rim so it is hard for older people to get in and out.

Our housekeepers during our stay kept our room tidy and were very accommodating when we needed extra towels.

Pool was wonderful and I especially enjoyed the tables with the umbrellas that provided great shade.

Location is on a very busy road which comes with lots of traffic but that is expected in a beach town. The positive of this is you have everything near you within seconds of restaurants, shopping outlets, and supermarkets.

My family and I are planning to stay here again next year and I always read reviews before I book hotels. This hotel was amazing..just wish we could have stayed longer but the price was really high for Thurs and Friday night.

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisy because you don't have anyone over you. Ask for a handicap room if...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

Quite a distance from the beach and costal highway is always busy. While the room was adequate when we went to turn down the covers the sheets had hairs on them like they had not been changed. Pillows too. And they were not ours. We checked in around 5 and they had no housekeeping available. So the desk clerk had to come up and help us change the sheets. No shampoo or conditioner in the bathroom so I wondered whether or not the room had even been serviced. Since they were fully booked we could not change rooms. Breakfast was fine, but if your in a fully booked hotel get there early as seating was a premium. I told the manager about the issues, and was not offered a discount. Will not be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank M Cecilia H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

The room was perfect as well as all of the accomidations. Location was very well placed with surrounding business 's and restaurants. Breakfast was phenomenal and so was Robaire. He is the sweetest kindest person we have met on this vacation. Overall awesome experience!!!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris S
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

As far as beach hotels go, this on is adequate. This wouldn't be at the top of my list of places to stay again, but I wouldn't refuse to return.

Pros: It's close, the beds are fine, the breakfast is plentiful.

Cons: The rooms are a bit musky, the place is dated, the air conditioner is super loud.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kate M
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We read the great reviews and we were expecting so much more than what we saw. First upon arrival they gave us a room that someone clearly smoked cigars in. The guy behind the desk wanted to put an air filtering machine in the room...at 830pm at night with 2 kids under 8 that are tired? Luckily my wife sees keys for other rooms waiting for other people and asks him to put us in one of those rooms. We shouldn't have to ask. Shame on cleaning staff to not notify management.

Our room smelled fine until the ac kicked on (it was cool out). Pulled the filter from it and it hasn't been cleaned in months. I will try to attach a picture. Toilet was loose and wobbled. Shower head emitted high pitched sound and couldn't change spray patterns. Hello cleaning staff?

We didn't like the breakfast. Wasn't worth it. Next day we went across to Rehoboth Diner for a decent breakfast.

I can see how much money the owner invested in refurbishing the building pretty recently but his staff is allowing it to not shine.

We ran into a maintenance man and informed him of the issues. He said he was only working there 2 weeks. Hopefully they fired the last guy. Next step is teaching cleaning staff better proceduures.

I am looking forward to the new Marriott across the street to open. Probably won't return.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family