“Horrible costumer service!”

Comfort Inn Rehoboth Beach
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and while I have stayed here in the past and have had no problems this trip was not the same. The room was okay.. a little dusty but basically great for the price. The phone did not work which was not a big deal. However, what is a big deal is the fact I was checked in under a wrong guest and then was double charged. The manager did try to resolve the issue but was not able to completely get all of my overcharged funds back. I have left messages with the corporate office, Alex at the hotel and have sent a email through the website w/out any response. I have filed a claim with my bank who is looking into resolving the issue as well. I will not be staying at this particular location again as I don't feel save with them having my banking info as they are apparently not competent enough to correctly charge a guest and feel no urgency on correcting their mistakes. I did not even get an apology from corporate and was made to feel like it was no big deal. When someone weather its a person or a company makes unauthorized charges on your bank account I believe that is called fraud. I understand mistakes happen but a good company would do all they can to make the situation right but in this situation this did not happen.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank kirst26

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed 1 night in a room with two adults and two kids. It was comfortable and the room was what we expected. The young man at check-in made an effort to be personable and tried to entertain my kids. However I did have issues with the curtains not closing. Since we were just staying a night, we didn't make a big deal out of it.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank chieartgroup
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn at Rehoboth Beach, Delaware and was extremely dissatisfied with the state of my hotel room, which contained stained and dirty carpet, furniture possessed noticeable stains of indeterminate origin and sanitation. The lobby and hallways contained an unidentifiable but unpleasant smell and the desk help was not very helpful. Comfort Inn and Choice Hotels are normally one of my top choices. Next time, we'll see!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
4  Thank William S
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is a clean hotel and is typical of a Comfort Inn. Nothing fancy. Good size rooms and average price. It's on the main highway. The ice machine didn't work and the only thing that the front desk said was "sorry about that". It looked like it has been non-working for a long time. In my mind I had a thought that this area would be a little more quaint, but it is a typical vacation area. Had I known, I would have looked for a less expensive hotel for one night, but who knew. We got a first floor room that looked out at the parking lot. Usually I don't close drapes on a higher floor, but anyone strolling in the lot would be able to see in the room. Not much more to say. If you are a Choice Hotel member, I guess the points help, but other then that, find a less expensive place on this busy strip.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelera826
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We checked in early and we were graciously upgraded to a suite (because we have a diamond choice hotel card). The suite was incredibly clean and very spacious. With a large TV in the bedroom and another in the living room, we were each able to watch our different shows. There was a small dining table with 4 chairs, a couch and another armchair with a footstool as well as a desk with a desk chair. There was also an armchair and footstool in the bedroom. A safe was located in the wardrobe in the bedroom. There was a wet bar with a fridge and microwave and coffee machine. The breakfast area was quite large with a lot of tables and seating. Good selection of items such as waffles, muffins, omelettes, cereals,oatmeal, danish, yogurt and juices. Coffee and tea was availabe 24 hours in the lobby. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful with advice about the area. The hotel is very conveniently located. It is only 15 minutes from Rehoboth beach and 15 minutes to the town of Lewes, which is also quite quaint. There is lots of shopping in the area and a Safeway and a seafood restaurant right next door. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel if you are in the area and do not plan to stay right at the beach. We wish we had stayed longer.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank snowflake74
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Clean room, friendly staff, good service, hot breakfast daily, and ideal location near outlet malls. The beach is just a few minutes away, and there are numerous restaurants and grocery stores adjacent to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank FrancisFern
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights at the hotel and were pleasantly surprised that it was better than the last stay a few years ago. I guess it was because of the recent renovations. The room and bathroom was large and very clean. No complaints there! The door key wouldn't work for us and a few others at first, but the hotel staff took care of that problem immediately. The desk clerks and housekeeping staff were friendly, cheerful and accommodating. The location of the hotel is great and there's a 24 Hr. diner directly across the street that was clean and served very good food. Next door is a restaurant and lounge if you want something a little fancier. If I had a complaint, it would be that the "Guide" on the TV remote didn't work so it was difficult to find out what was on and where. We will gladly stay there again on our next trip to the shore!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple