“Ok for off season”

Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Enola, Pennsylvania
“Ok for off season”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here Sept 9 to Sept 13. The hotel had just undergone a renovation. Room was decent, bathroom was decent. Shower pressure was decent; however, the shower had had four settings, but only one of them worked. Ice machine in hotel on first floor worked the first night; after that it was broken. Had to go to third floor for ice. Pool was very small, and had little to no shade. There were only two patio umbrellas and they were taken by the older folks.

Location to beach was far enough that you had to drive. That wasn't bad, but the problem was finding parking. Paying 25 cents for 10 mins at a meter is ridiculous. And beware; make sure you pay the meters on time because parking tickets are 30.00!

I think I paid about $76 a night for Monday through Friday. That was appropriate for the amenities of this hotel. I would not pay more than that in season. Can't believe they would charge more than that at any time of the year.

Pros: It was very close to the outlets and decent restaurants. Room was clean; bathroom was clean. Price was decent for the off season. Also close to the Cape May-Lewes Ferry.

Cons: Ice machine didnt work; parking at beach costly; beds were very hard and uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Room in the back on the first floor was close to ice machine, but the elevator made it a bit noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Rehoboth Beach for four days, September 2013.

The staff is friendly and accommodating.

Minutes away from the beach, shopping and restaurants...clean, well kept and the room was always ready when we returned each day.

I knew I left my iPad in the room and sure enough the Housekeeping Manager, Sabrina returned my call promptly and indeed the housekeeper turned in my iPad!!!! We stayed in room 204...so a big thanks to the housekeeper who turned it in.

Great stay all around.

1 Thank Cyndy H
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Booked at the last minute and had no problems with service- everyone was accommodating and friendly. The remodel was very tastefully done. We even decided to stay an extra night and the evening desk clerk went out of his way to get us registered. Location was great- very convenient, easy to get to shopping and the beach. We stayed at a 5 star hotel in Atlantic City before we arrived and this place was more enjoyable and just as clean.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Gerald C
Mount Rainier, Maryland
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I booked the hotel for two nights over the holiday weekend. I booked it online with advanced purchase. I must say I was a little weary about arriving to the hotel. I knew that hotel was under construction. To my surprise construction was complete. The hotel looks great!! Rooms are nicely decorated. Beds are comfortable. Betty at the front desk is very pleasant and helpful. I was checked in by Jean and I didn't appreciate her sarcasm and condescending tone. The breakfast buffet is great. Lots of choices. Hotel is great for everyone. I will definitely come back!!

Room Tip: Hotel is about 10-15 minutes from Cape Henlopen. There is safeway and Friday's within walking di...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jls78_12
bALLSTON SPA, n.y.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Hotel was under construction, which we knew. We were put on a floor that was FINISHED?
Rooms dreary,dark,very small. Every time we got onto the back elevator, it wouldn't stay open .
We would get caught in it, no electric eye ! My granddaughter , with disabilities was always right there no matter how fast we pushed her, she would still have the door on her. My God, what a disaster.
We went to breakfast with a half hour to spare. No milk, and when I asked they went to get some but took it right back. Other guests asked where it was and I had to say, She took it back to kitchen. Other items were gone also. Only cereal, but of course no milk!
We had a whole team of softball players there. You would think they would like these guests back!
They might not have complained, but they remember the conditions.
Very uncomfortable with construction workers watching us in pool.
Never got a cot, which we kept asking for.
Just so unsatisfied. Will never stay again.

Room Tip: Need a bigger room unless there is only 1 or 2 of you. Still small
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ALBIEMINE
Alburtis, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here Labor Day and the day after in 2013, what a great place. The staff was awesome, so friendly and they told us where they would eat dinner, based on price and quality...it was so worth it. The rooms have just been redone, clean and updated. The food and especially the coffee in the breakfast room was great. The price was so much cheaper than the other hotels on the same highway. Can't say enough good things about this hotel. Big fluffy pillows, microwave, refrigerator and all the amentities right in our room.

New Jersey
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We arrived here early and asked if the room was ready and were told it wasn't. We knew it was early but inquired anyway. The woman said she would call us when it was ready. checkout time is 12 noon and the room may not be available for a while. We were aware of this and were fine. We went to the beach and returned back about 1pm and were told the room still wasn't ready. so we stayed by the pool and the lady said she would let us know. She also reminded us it is guaranteed by 4pm which we are aware of. We have stayed in plenty of hotels and lots of times have gotten into rooms early if available, but, when they knew we arrived early for the room they would do everything possible to get the room ready for us. This was the first time we ran into a problem. We sat by the pool till 2:30 and asked about the room and someone said they would let us know when it was ready. I was wondering how long it takes to clean a room even if the person checked out at 12pm. By three pm we knew nobody was going to have us check in until 4pm. when we showed up at the desk a different woman was there and I asked her if the policy of the hotel is to have people wait till 4pm for check in. she did say if a room is available they try to get you in early if you are there. I told here we have been there all day and why couldn't the person have the room cleaned before another room because the people were there already. If possible. Well, she mentioned that they do everything possible but my husband said but nobody seemed to do anything about getting us into the room until 4pm. All that happened was that she got annoyed with our complaining and said we had an attitude. I was very put off by that because I didn't think I was being nasty and was offended by that remark. You work with the public so listen to their complaints and say nothing. A man came over to side with her and also said they do the best they can. I walked away feeling very insulted by her attitude. she got very offended with us and defensive. I tried to make her understand that if I was working in a hotel and customers came in for a room a little early I would ask housekeeping to have that room readied as soon as possible. I wouldn't stand there and try to argue with them and accuse them of an attitude. The hotel is very nicely renovated and the room is clean and pleasant and I'm sure I'll be comfortable for the few days I'm here, but I'm very offended with her unprofessional behavior. she also stated that we were stopping her from checking us in. after we had waited six hours for the room to be cleaned. Huh? Its just a shame that the woman got defensive and needed to argue back. Hope the rest of our stay goes okay. There were so many nice reviews about the staff at the hotel. Guess today is their day off.

Room Tip: Don't complain regardless of what happens and the hotel is always right according to them.