“Location, Location, Great Service, Very Comfortable and Affordable!!”
Review of Atlantis Inn

Atlantis Inn
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had the fortunate opportunity to have a girls’ weekend last week at the Atlantis. I have stayed at several hotels in the area but this was the best experience for several reasons- convenience, service, comfort, affordability and location. We pulled our car into the hotel parking lot, a few steps, from the hotel entrance and check-in, so very convenient for unloading our luggage and access to our car. Checking in and out was very speedy, the staff was hospitable, the rooms were very clean and the beds extra comfortable and the hotel is 1.5 blocks from the beach and boardwalk. It really doesn’t get any better than that for such an affordable price. Also we learned that the General Manager Penny was born and raised in the area and is very knowledgeable regarding the town’s options. Our crew wanted to have fish tacos for dinner and she suggested we try Stoney Lonen which we did and they were great. For those interested the amenities also include internet access and a swimming pool. We’re coming back!!!

Room Tip: Some rooms are dog friendly!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nancy F
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Hi Nancy F,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! The staff, as well as myself, are pleased that we were able to accommodate your needs and are grateful for your kind words. We never get tired of hearing about the convenient location, clean rooms, and our friendly staff.
Glad you enjoyed the hotel so much and we look forward to your next visit!
Penny Davis

There are newer reviews for Atlantis Inn

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed at the Atlantis Inn for the first time last July (2012). We had stayed at another hotel for the previous years, but their prices kept increasing so we took a chance on the Atlantis Inn. We were thrilled. It is closer to the boardwalk and the staff is so much nicer than at the other hotel we had stayed at for years. I just got finished booking my reservations for this summer vacation and I wanted to give them a big "thumbs up". It is a much better hotel overall for the price (location, convenience, staff, cleaniliness, etc.) The only drawback is the size of the pool, a bit on the small side. Other than that, totally worth it and I will continue to patronize this establishment in the years to come.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hkillinger99
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are certain that your upcoming visit will be as enjoyable as it was last year. We look forward to your return this summer!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at the Atlantis Inn for the weekend while my son was playing in a tournament at Sports at the Beach. I found the inn to be absolutely spotless, the beds incredibly comfortable, and the room larger than I expected. The staff was exceptionaly kind, caring and patient, given the fact that the place was filled with baseball players, many as young as 10. You cannot beat the location - so close to beach, and any type of restaurant you would like to experience. For as long as my son is playing baseball - and I have a feeling that is going to be a long, long time, I will stay at the Atlantis.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer1296

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for such a positive review. The staff as well as myself are pleased that we were able to accommodate your needs and are grateful for your kinds words. We look forward to having you and your team stay with us again!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I apologize for the lateness of this review. I thought I had written one when we got home in August, but only realized today when I came to look at rates for the upcoming summer season that I had not.
My adult daughter, my 2 year old grandson, and I came out in the beginning of August 2012 for a 4-day get away. This was our first time in Delaware and since I did not know the area I was pretty much booking without knowing anything about location, the hotel or the area.
The room was better than I expected based on previous stays in similarly priced hotels in SeaSide Heights and Wildwood. The floors were carpeted, the room was clean the staff was friendly. The shower worked and there was a coin laundry facility on site, definately a plus when traveling with a toddler. Parking is okay, but it is limited when there is full occupancy.
We stayed on the second floor and there was minimum noise (the amount you'd expect at a hotel). The location was great, only blocks from the boardwalk and beach. We really had no complaints and intend to stay there again this summer.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Kat S
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the staff of the hotel as well as other potential customers. I am pleased that it was a memorable visit and one that will bring you back here. Thanks again for your kind words and we will see you this summer!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was quite surprised with the hotel especially after reading previous reviews from past guests. I was looking forward to our stay as the reviews were very positive but that was not exactly what we experieinced when we got there. The location was excellent, the staff and housekeeping services, not so much. We do like to travel alot and now days the friendliness of the staff and the shape of the rooms are many times, my main focus. Unfortunatly this particular visit was in September of 2012. My wife and I often joke that at the end of the summer, the friendliness and atitude of most staff regardless of the hotel are probably running thin at that time. I will no doubt return as all businesses deserve a second chance anf the hotel/food service business are always difficult to keep people happy 100% of the time. So hopefully this summer, I will once again be able to enjoy the location and the staff/services will improve by then.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank William T
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear William T, We appreciate you taking the time to open a trip advisor account to write this review and like you, we are very surprised and disappointed to hear you did not get the quality of customer service we are known for. First and foremost our primary goal is to provide clean rooms and a friendly staff. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and the exceptional customer service that exceeds most hotels! I am not sure what the specific issues were with the staff and the rooms but would love to know so this does not happen again. Please feel free to call me personally to discuss whatever it was that disappointed you. We take any complaint seriously and would like to ensure it does not happen again to you or any future customers.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed here in October with our Doberman. I knew the room would not be 4 stars but we had a ticking fridge (we kept unplugged) and a nice size gap at the bottom of the door. The gap in the door let cigarette smoke in the room as guests sit outside and smoke. I am only speaking for the dog friendly rooms on the first floor, I am unsure how the other rooms are. We also did not have a queen size or King bed. We were stuck with two twin beds. The shower was actually very small too.The motel is in a great location with the beach blocks away and good restaurants across the street.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GS-HOCO
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while you were here.
I wish we had known about your refrigerator and the door issue while you were here because we could have easily corrected both for you.
We are a non smoking hotel but we certainly hope that our guests who do smoke outside their rooms are respectful of our non smoking guests.
We realize we are not a four star hotel but the rooms are clean, we have an excellent location and our staff and customer service exceeds most hotels!
We hope you will consider returning in the spring and please do not hesitate to let the staff know if anything is not up to your expectations, we will certainly do our best to make your stay perfect!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had a GREAT stay at The Atlantis Inn as usual.
The annual Seawitch Festival was a blast also.
Third year in a row and already booked next year.
Penny, the manager is wonderful. The rest of the staff were always pleasant too!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank bertbert14
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for being such a loyal returning customer! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay even with the threat of Hurricane Sandy hanging over us.
We are looking forward to seeing you next year!
Thanks again for the kudos!!