“Best hotel experience ever!”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
“Best hotel experience ever!”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel in May 2011 for two nights. We were very impressed by the extremely friendly staff. Check in/out was painless and there were no issues with hidden fees. The room was exactly the way it looks in the pictures, the beds were very comfortable, and best part: SILENT. Very clean. The hot tub/pool area was kept up very nicely, and we went during off-peak so we pretty much had the area to ourselves at night. Conveniently located within a few minutes of the boardwalk. The breakfast was also surprisingly impressive! Beautiful lobby with a computer and pamphlets on places to go in the area (however, the staff is equally helpful in this regard). We will be staying at this hotel from now on when we're in the area for sure!

3 Thank sgibson1967
DERooms, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay so much. We work hard to keep a nice hotel and provide the best customer service possible for our customers. Thank you for taking the time to write such a helpful review. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
New Castle
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Pam was wonderful. She allowed us to check in early. She asked if we wanted first or second floor. We choose first floor since there wasn't an elevator. Our room was nice although it had no fantastic view or balcony. I must say the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom was small but clean and the shower had plenty of hot water.
The location is wonderful if you plan to go to Lewes or Rehoboth.
The continental breakfast was nice. It consisted of various fruits, cereals, yogurt, and make your own waffles and various breakfast meats and microwave eggs and bagels. When supplies got low Pam was there to restock.
If you don't know what to do, there are suggestions from the staff complete with brochures.
The housekeeping is efficient and courteous.
The pool is indoor and the jacuzzi is for ages 16 and above. There is also a pool table.
All in all my stay was pleasant and I will be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wealthyinlove
DERooms, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. We appreciate our wonderful staff as much as you! We look forward to your return!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 1, 2011

My mom, son and I stayed for a small beach stay and had a great time. Pam greeted us on arrival with a smill and seemed to keep that smile the entire time we were ther. Rose was very helpful when my son made a small mess at breakfast. Having access to the pool and hot tub in the eventing helped to make a restful sleep. The hotel was quiet and I felt very safe. The hotel was close to coastal highway which had plennty of places to eat and shopping. I liked this hotel See you next time we come to the beach.

Room Tip: call the hotel directly for better pricing
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank boldn35
DERooms, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
We loved having you stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon! Thank you for the compliments - I will be sure to pass them along to our great staff. We have a great team here at the AmericInn of Rehoboth.
Dunkirk, Maryland
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I will be short and sweet. We booked this hotel through Living Social for a weekend casino package. We also brought our bikes to take the ferry from Dewey to Cape May and back. We were pleasantly surprised with the hotel in all areas. It was quiet, clean, had a hot breakfast, coffee 24/7, a pool and hot tu, free parking, flat screen with HBO and was close to the beaches, factory outlets and ferry. My only negative was that there was not enough lighting in the room (a little dark).

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room near the back of the hotel.
3 Thank AndrewTracey
DERooms, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
We are happy you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of all our amenities! Come see us again!
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed May 16, 2011

When sitting in the lobby of this place you feel like you're at home. I was saying to my partner, if you take away the sign-in desk from the area, you'd never think that you were not sitting in somebody's living room. Very friendly staff, good breakfast-waffle iron (should increase from just 1, which caused a backup), sausage, omelets etc, clean. Pets are allowed here, so I requested a room where pets were not permitted and smelled no evidence whatsoever that a pet had ever been there. I thought we'd been told that no pets were allowed in the upstairs rooms, but heard a dog barking down the hall. It wasn't too much of a bother. Only room for improvement was the bed size-I thought I'd reserved a king, but our bed felt awfully small for a king. Overall, our stay was a very good experience and would recommend highly.

The entire vacation was a Living Social deal for $129 for the entire weekend. Be advised that the casino and free dinner included in the deal is close to another AmericInn location nearly an hour away in Harrington. You choose this location if you want the beach, but must be willing to make the drive if you want to use the casino/dinner portion. Kind of a bummer, but worked out well because it was on our way home.

2 Thank elsaboo81
We are thrilled you felt so at home! Hospitality is our business and knowing we are successful in creating a welcoming atmosphere lets our staff know they are doing a great job. As you indicated, our Rehoboth location is great for the beach and shopping. If you prefer to be closer to the Casino, we have two properties to choose from - the Americinn of Harrington and AmericInn of Milford. Come see us again!
Ohio
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We booked this place on a lark based on some other availability issues in the area. The price was right. We weren't expecting much. We were just hoping it wasn't a disaster.

It wasn't.

The people were friendly. The rooms were clean. The beds comfortable, although a little springy for my taste. The room had a very faint mustiness to it (it is a pet friendly hotel?), but it was not a major issue and we got used to it promptly.

The pool and jacuzzi were clean. The breakfast was good. Better than most continental style breakfasts.

There were a few negatives, however.

1- Every time I tried to pull into the parking lot there, there was this random group of 20-25 kids playing baseball in the back of the lot. You would need them to move in order to get IN to the lot, and they would just stand there, almost egging you to hit them. I don't know if these kids were locals, or they actually had 25 kids staying in the hotel, but they were rude and it was every single time you pulled in or out.
2- Seemed like there were ALWAYS large groups of people randomly congregating in the lobby. 7am, 7pm, didnt matter. Somewhat offputting, but not really a huge deal.
3- Maybe the same kids from #1...but every single hour at least one if not more kids ran around the hotel by my back window. it was really strange.

Overall, though, the negatives were minor, and generally speaking, if you can get a good price, I would recommend the place. That said, the back of the door said the rack rate was something like $209. if they are charging that, I wouldnt even consider it.

Room Tip: 2nd floor, away from lobby
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travisG45
DERooms, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
We are happy you found our hotel and enjoyed your stay. There were several baseball teams staying with us over the weekend; in the future please speak to the general manager with any concerns you have. Customer service is our priority. Our great staff are to thank for the wonderful breakfast, clean property and amenities. Thank you for taking the time to give them kudos!
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I purchased a special deal and when I tried to use it they stated they were completely booked for that month. I asked about the month after that and they stated they were booked for that month as well. It's funny when I called the 1-800 number they had plenty of rooms available. I guess at this special rate they only had 2 rooms for this deal.I will never stay at this establishment and I will tell everyone I know not to frequest any of their estabishments as well. I called after and booked another hotel close to the beach and received just about the same rate I paid for this deal. Guess I made out in the long run.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
AmericInnBear, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
I am so sorry you had difficulty making a reservation with us. We have several weekends available for our specials. Please call and ask for the manager and I will do my best to accommodate your travel plans.

Travelers are raving about these Rehoboth Beach hotels