“Good solid food and service”
Review of Shorebreak Lodge

Shorebreak Lodge
Ranked #26 of 282 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Atlantic Ocean
Description: WE ARE OPEN FOR 2017 Just 133 steps to the Atlantic...Blurring the boundary between a night in with friends, and an evening on the town, coastal gastropub cuisine, eclectic wine, handcrafted cocktails, cool beers, laid back livin'. We are locally owned and operated establishment. We start with what we call our kitchens mantra from Julia Child; "You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces, just good food from fresh ingredients." Our interpretation is to not get in the way of the food, let the ingredients speak for themselves. We mix this altogether with a nice selection of handcrafted cocktails (a must these days), craft brews, and wines, throw it all together in a relaxed beach cottage atmosphere, and try our best to provide you with the friendliest service we know how. Outdoor patio dining, There you have it: Shorebreak Lodge.
Reviewed August 14, 2012

It was our first time at Shorebreak lodge and we most likely will return. The food is good (like most restaurants in Rehoboth) - the watermelon gazpacho is to DIE FOR - and the service is attentive. There are many "good" restaurants in Rehoboth... my fear is that this one has nothing that makes it stand out from the pack... besides the cucumber/orange table water (a strange combination). We enjoyed the curried donuts for dessert, but thought they were a little pricey and not really worth the 'hype'.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We ate here twice this season, and found some wonderful dishes, and some not so great. While the risotto with parmesan and pesto was some of the best I've ever eaten, and the crabby deviled eggs are not to be missed, two different plates of roasted vegetables came out dry and somewhat tasteless. I wouldn't hesitate to return to this casual and reasonably priced restaurant, but I would be careful of my choices.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Celebrated out anniversary there with our daughter. It is more a bar than a restaurant. Very loud, barely possible to have a conversation. They did not have the first two wines we chose. Also, the waiter spilled and entire glass of water on the table and our kid.

The food was hit and miss. The surf and turf was great, the Brussel sprouts were awful, hard and undercooked. We mentioned it to the waiter, he clearly did not care at all.

We will not go there again.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

It's a classic beach restaurant--very casual but this place has good, fresh food. The atmosphere is nice and there is nothing fancy about the tables, art, cutlery and glassware. I could tell by looking at the menu that they care about freshness and quality. We went right to the 2nd course and the waiter didn't bat an eye. No comments like "Are you sure that you wouldn't like to try our delicious appetizers." My daughter's tuna was cooked to perfection and placed in a light and delicious gazpacho sauce. I had the kobe beef which was also very good with string french fries. Nothing is invented here but the cuisine is very good and at a very reasonable price. I'm a believer. I would go back without hesitation.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I decided to try Shorebreak for our anniversary after seeing so many good reviews. We were certainly not disappointed with the food which was great; however, it is lacking in ambience and probably not the place for a romantic dinner. Add to that unpleasant diners on either side didn't help. Nevertheless, the staff was great - attentive but not hovering. I had to request the complimentary infused water mentioned in other reviews. My blueberry mojito was made before my eyes and was fabulous! As I said, the food was terrific. I had the ribs and scallops and my husband had the lamb-chorizo meatloaf. The desserts are very unique and worth saving room for. We likely will return for the food because it is so good. However, there are many "good food" places in Rehoboth, so it would be wise for Shorebreak to improve the ambience.