“Laid back and good, fresh food”
Review of Shorebreak Lodge

Shorebreak Lodge
Ranked #30 of 282 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Atlantic Ocean
Description: WE ARE OPEN FOR 2017 Just 133 steps to the Atlantic...Blurring the boundary between a night in with friends, and an evening on the town, coastal gastropub cuisine, eclectic wine, handcrafted cocktails, cool beers, laid back livin'. We are locally owned and operated establishment. We start with what we call our kitchens mantra from Julia Child; "You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces, just good food from fresh ingredients." Our interpretation is to not get in the way of the food, let the ingredients speak for themselves. We mix this altogether with a nice selection of handcrafted cocktails (a must these days), craft brews, and wines, throw it all together in a relaxed beach cottage atmosphere, and try our best to provide you with the friendliest service we know how. Outdoor patio dining, There you have it: Shorebreak Lodge.
Reviewed August 11, 2012

It's a classic beach restaurant--very casual but this place has good, fresh food. The atmosphere is nice and there is nothing fancy about the tables, art, cutlery and glassware. I could tell by looking at the menu that they care about freshness and quality. We went right to the 2nd course and the waiter didn't bat an eye. No comments like "Are you sure that you wouldn't like to try our delicious appetizers." My daughter's tuna was cooked to perfection and placed in a light and delicious gazpacho sauce. I had the kobe beef which was also very good with string french fries. Nothing is invented here but the cuisine is very good and at a very reasonable price. I'm a believer. I would go back without hesitation.

There are newer reviews for Shorebreak Lodge

Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I decided to try Shorebreak for our anniversary after seeing so many good reviews. We were certainly not disappointed with the food which was great; however, it is lacking in ambience and probably not the place for a romantic dinner. Add to that unpleasant diners on either side didn't help. Nevertheless, the staff was great - attentive but not hovering. I had to request the complimentary infused water mentioned in other reviews. My blueberry mojito was made before my eyes and was fabulous! As I said, the food was terrific. I had the ribs and scallops and my husband had the lamb-chorizo meatloaf. The desserts are very unique and worth saving room for. We likely will return for the food because it is so good. However, there are many "good food" places in Rehoboth, so it would be wise for Shorebreak to improve the ambience.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I chose this restaurant based on the reviews fro this site. I can tell you we were glad that we did. The meal was one of the best we ever had at the shore. We like to consider ourselves foodies and the Shorebreak measured up. The Staff were very friendly and when we decided to share the shrimp and grits they split the plate for us without us having to ask. If I were to make some suggestions it would be to highlight the fact that they have received great reviews from tripadvisor instead of just a small sticker on the window. Also I would print the menu on nicer card stock at the entrance. Let your customers know you are a fine dining restaurant because you are! PS love the Grapefruit Martini...

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Ate here twice this week, initially based on good reviews and then based on great initial experience. Both times we dined, we had large parties with kids and food allergies. The staff was excellent both nights, providing suggestions, guidance and patience. The food is wonderful - shrimp and grits, risotto, tuna, surf and turf (scallops and short ribs) were all delicious. Fried oysters and roasted clams also quite nice. There are many gluten free options here as well. Great place to dine.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Me and my family found this restaurant on TripAdvisor and decided to check it out. IT WAS GREAT! The restaurant was very relaxed at the same time elegant. Good music playing in the background, a nice bar, 2 great T.V., and just a select few seats available. It is like a house. There are only about 10 tables inside so it is hard to find a seat sometimes. Luckily we were right next to the window. The menu does not have many options but from the ones we choose, they were magnificent. The flat iron steak is a must try, great sauce and seasoning. The veal was also very good, just for the fact of a big bone that made it very difficult to cut. Request for them to "Butterfly" the veal. The crab cakes were pretty good coming from a Marylander who eats blue crabs all summer long. In the end, this elegant restaurant is in a nice area, with great tasting food, and is a great place to try. HOPE YOU ENJOY!