“Clean hotel, friendly service”

Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed June 8, 2010

We stayed at the Hampton Inn, Rehoboth Beach for one night. Usually we stay with my in-laws, but they had a bunch of guests for the weekend, so we decided to spend a night at the Hampton Inn. We found the service to be friendly and the hotel to be very clean. They had flat screen televisions, good beds and bedding. They also provided a microwave and refrigerator which were both clean as well. The service was friendly and helpful. When ordering a movie we accidentally pressed the wrong button and ordered the wrong movie. We called and they said they would immediately reverse the charge and to go ahead and order the correct one. They did this cheerfully. The complimentary coffee and complimentary wireless internet were both appreciated. If you are fine with not being directly on the beach I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach

Reviewed May 29, 2010

I stayed here for just one night at the start of Memorial Day weekend, when Rehoboth was heaving with people for the start of the summer season. This Hampton Inn was just what we needed. Nothing fancy, but reliably good. Room entirely clean and everything working fine. Beds were on the soft side; bedding great. Coffee and other hot drinks available in the lobby at all times. Buffet breakfast is standard Hampton fare - few frills, but my daughter loved the make-your-own-waffle machine. On the evening when we arrived a couple of families were using the breakfast room/lobby area as a venue for an impromptu take-out dinner party, and everybody seemed fine with that - very relaxed atmosphere. Hotel is across a parking lot from a MacDonalds - useful for tired-but-hard-to-please appetites arriving after a drive in holiday traffic. Sushi place on other side for the more discerning. Many other places to get food within a very short distance. This was no memorable stay, but for what we needed it was just the ticket, and I'd happily stay there again on a visit to Rehoboth/Lewes.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2010

I have to let everyone know about this hotels inconsistancy. I and 11 other families were to travel and stay their Aug.2010. I called and booked with a rate that was given to me by one of their employees. I called several times re: this rate and booked a total of 12 rooms for our group and recieved a confirmation. We booked 8-9 months in advance so our trip would go smoothly. In March 2010 I get a phone call from the general mgr stating the fact that she will not honor that rate. She never acknowledged the fact that it was her employee who had made the error, she was unapologetic, rude and basically said stay somewhere else. When I asked what she can do for us being it was their error she basically said nothing!. All the families involved decided to just stay their anyway. So we called for the correct rates and we were given another rate which we recieved another confirmation on. But a week later when the 6th family tried to book the rate was changed again. What a nightmare. Called the hotel again, I said how can 5 of us be paying 199 per night but the rest of out group has to pay 199 for 1st night 249 for 2nd and 3rd. Basically when all 12 families got their in Aug we were in for more surprises because they could charge what ever they felt like being we would have been stuck for a hotel somewhere. Now we are not talking pennies. These rates went up hundreds of dollars since we origially booked. The hotel and their staff is completely incompetant. I called their cooporate headquarters and they basically said they are INDEPENDANTLY OWNED and they make their own rates and that they have not controll over their desicions. Obviously we decided to stay somewere else that was rated alot better than this hotel and the staff actually puts their customers 1st. To whoever reads this, BEWARE of the rate scams and the incompetant general manager and her staff at this hotel. I cannot believe that a well known hotel chain like this one would ever allow their name to be used by such employees that the Hamptonn Inn Rehoboth Beach has.

• Stayed: August 2009
13  Thank levittownfamily
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Selected Hampton after staying in others and always reliable. Convenient location, new lobby decor, clean rooms/bathroom, comfortable bedding. Good free breakfast. Indoor pool always a plus for kid this time of year. May not have been the least expensive option but not unhappy with the choice.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2009

From the front desk clerks to the housekeepers, the staff at this hotel are tops! They went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and comfortable. When my granddaughter showed interest in the fish in the aquarium, the desk clerk fed them for her to watch. The main course at breakfast was varied every day. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Although small, the pool was a nice diversion for the children at night.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I don't really write reviews, but this time I had to tell everybody how great the service was from this Hampton. As other reviewers wrote, we felt the hotel was very clean, and it was even cleaner because they were cleaning the hall carpet the next day of our stay; the service was great and the location was great for us because we don't really use the beach. However, they did have a pool, but after arriving, we found the pool was closed for repairs, so we didn't have any swimming. I emailed their customer service team and received an email when I returned home that they were going to give us the 100% guarantee option. I was happy to see the email because I didn't think they even cared that we didn't have use of the pool and that was a big concern for the kids when we made the reservation. With that said, I would stay there again if we go to Rehoboth Beach again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2009

The hotel was nice, but you CANNOT walk to the beach, and there are plenty other hotels close by that are the same price or even cheaper that are right near the beach. The staff was nice, if you can find someone. I was at the front desk at about 3:30pm wanting to get change and there was nobody there for about ten minutes. I could hear people talking in the back but i was not about to scream for assistance. later that night i called down to the desk for a wakeup call at 10:30pm and let the phone right for about 3 minutes until i just gave up. The lady at the front desk (when she WAS there) was always talking to someone on the phone probably to a friend because it was not a conversation that had to do anything with the hotel. Never a hello when we walked by or a "have a nice day". Their fitness center was weak, and they only had one washing machine and 2 dryers for the whole hotel. The stay wasnt so bad for the discount i got but i definately would not have been satisied paying rack rate.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple