“Best in Rehoboth !”

Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I just returned from RB - stayed at the HI Express. Great choice. After reading the reviews, I thought it was a nice place and it was the best!. I don't know where to begin, but I will note that as the past reviews noted, the front desk staff was great everyday. A
pleasant hello and smile always! The hotel is in a great location. One of the (3) outlets
is right next door, there is a CVS across the road, and there is a shuttle to the beach area
in the rear lot behind the hotel ($1 each way - parking down there is terrible). Breakfast was good, hot items, eggs, bacon / sausage (alternating ), biscuits/gravy, cereals, bagels, bread, yogurt etc. The pool was fine/ towels available at the front desk.. Laundry facility on the 2nd fl, small exercise room ( 2 treadmills, 1 step machine). Internet service available in the lobby, I was able to connect from my room on my own computer, also no charge. The front desk also has board games available, there is a list you can choose from. Fun to do at night to wind down and a break from the video games ! I can't leave out the maid staff, they too were very friendly ! I had room 311 and our service could not have been better upon our arrival back to our room each day !
This hotel was a very good choice for service, location and value. We can't wait to come back to Rehobth !!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank AndreaNJ

Reviewed July 3, 2009

We had booked one night on hotwire and like the hotel so much that we asked if it was possible to stay another night. No problem and after the reception checked out their best rate, it was not much more than the hotwire rate. I have a temporary walking problem and use crutches at the moment. Don't know if we got the easiest access room on purpose or not, but it sure was convenient. Breakfast was much better than quite a few other "free" I have had in other hotels, pancakes one day and french toast the second day for me, partner had bacon and decent looking eggs. Hot cinnamon bun a treat. Room was clean, quiet and bathroom well stocked with towels etc. Free internet on computer in lobby. The only negative was that husband reported that the outdoor pool sides did look rather dirty.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank polarlady
Reviewed June 26, 2009

My family goes to Ocean City, Md. each summer and some years we stop at Rehoboth Beach to do a little shopping on the way and we have stayed at this hotel before and never been disappointed. It has been a couple of years since we were here and they have remodeled since our last visit and the rooms and the breakfast were great! It's very convenient to shopping & restaurants and just a nice, clean hotel!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2009

We came to the coast for the beach-to-bay bike ride in mid-April. The place was packed on a Friday night, but everything was perfect! The staff was doing everything they could for a really big crowd. Room was clean fresh and just what we needed for a late-night checkin. Breakfast was excellent. I'd recommend this hotel anytime.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank elderbiker
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2009

We are delighted you had a memorable stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express, Rehoboth Beach.
We thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers. There are so many hotels with which to choose from when visiting the Rehoboth area and I want to personally thank you for allowing us to be your hotel of choice.

Warmest Regards,

Dawn Heck
Holiday Inn Express
(302)227-4030 ext. 137
dawnheck@atlanticmanagement.biz

Reviewed April 25, 2009

We stay at the Holiday Inn everytime we come to the area and we have never been disappointed. One cannot help but notice the great effort the staff and owners make in keeping the hotel uptodate in appearance. The staff, from housekeeping, to the breakfast attendants, to maintenance, to the front desk always make it a point to start our day with a bright 'hello'. They are all cheery and eager to help make our stay stress-free. The newly renovated rooms just improved on an already great product and you can tell the housekeeping staff takes pride in the new rooms by how meticulously they clean them. Anyone reading this who is undecided about which hotel to stay in when visiting Rehoboth Beach, take my word for it, you can't go wrong at this location. And if you do happen to experience an unforeseen problem during your stay with them, tell them and I promise you they will give their best efforts to make it right.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends

Thank you GreatSpirit for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express, Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.
As one of our local level policies, I have shared this review with our staff and they are so tickled you took time to mention every department and your experiences with each.
We were warmed to the heart to read how we were able to make your stay so comfortable. And thank you for mentioning how our staff WILL take the time to listen and fix any unforeseen problems that arise during our guests stay. We strive to make this feel like a home away from home. If we happen to fall short, we value feedback on that to help improve in any areas our guests feel we may have dropped the ball.
Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Warmest Regards,

Dawn Heck
(302) 227-4030 ext. 137
info@holiday-rehoboth.com

Reviewed March 2, 2009

when we discovered our car wouldn't start, manager used her own car and cables to give us a jump start

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie49
Reviewed December 29, 2008

Beware!! This hotel has already been downgraded this year. Stayed for about 9 hours because already had paid for room through hotwire and they could not find me anything else that evening. Room was OLD and stained. Woke up several times through the night feeling like I was being bitten. In the morning, both I and my husband had bites from some type of bug in their beds. Can you say BEDBUGS!!! Notified the front desk who chuckled nervously and the person in the back blurted out "but we just replaced all the mattresses! (as if that would fix the problem- bedbugs dont just live in matresses). They were very quick to hand us black plastic bags to put our clothes in and we got the heck out of there. Next time I will listen to my instincts- even if it means driving another three hours to get home a night early.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
5  Thank chantbrad
ChrisBerg, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2009

I'd like to take a moment to thank "chantbrad" for using TripAdvisor for their review, however, I believe their review is for the wrong hotel? I'd like to dissect the review to show the inconsistencies with the guest(s) feedback.

Hotel has been downgraded: I'm not sure what this means exactly, but all consumer ratings (AAA, etc.) have remained the same. Our Holiday Inn standing is ranked "Commendable", which is a direct result from guest feedback in comparison with other Holiday Inn properties.

Hotwire could not find any other hotels: If you've ever been to the Rehoboth Beach area in December, you'd know there are dozens of hotels open, with few if any ever logging sold out nights at any point in the month. Again, this review couldn't have been meant for our hotel, let alone Rehoboth Beach.

Room was old and stained: The hotel completed a 7-figure renovation, floor to ceiling and down to the studs, in the spring of 2008. Take a moment to review prior feedback for this property; I think you'll find "chantbrads" feedback conflicts with our other guest's experiences.

Bedbugs: Again, I'm finding difficulty figuring out how this review could belong to our hotel? Knock on wood, this property has never had bedbugs or any other type of pest infestation. The hotel spends thousands of dollars each year on preventative maintenance as well as staff training on what to look our for to ensure things like this do not happen. I'm not sure what more to say since the claim is simply unsubstantiated.

Mattresses: Well, one aspect of their review that would actually be correct is the replacement of mattresses! As part of the renovation, we did replace all the mattresses in the hotel in 2008.

In closing, I'd again like to thank "chantbrad" for taking the time to use TripAdvisor as a means for sharing their travel experiences, but would caution them to leave the review for the appropriate hotel in the future. These are very strong, unsubstantiated claims that reflect badly on a hotel that places a lot of faith in customer feedback. I would hope that "chantbrad" took the time to substantiate any concerns with the hotel General Manager while on property to ensure a satisfactory resolution.

Best Regards,